North Stand Construction Discussion

No, but they won’t harm the atmosphere either and are just as likely to join in with whats going on around them / us ,as Ive been in 93:20 a few times, as any other fan.

You say that, but it won't be the same. Bar the big games, and when the atmosphere is rocking, the hospitality areas don't often join in the singing. Not having a go at the fans in those areas, it's just the way it is.

FFS, they've only just put in planning permission. Does it not say 'option' next to that block anyway? Some seriously twisted knickers as usual in here.

If it's a valid option great. But, the planning application shows a hospitality bar under the stand with stairs leading to the first 11 rows of seats. I doubt that is going to change, otherwise the club would have to amend the planning application, and they certainly aren't going to do that after just submitting the planning application.

If it's a valid option great. But, the planning application shows a hospitality bar under the stand with stairs leading to the first 11 rows of seats. I doubt that is going to change, otherwise the club would have to amend the planning application, and they certainly aren't going to do that after just submitting the planning application.
They don't have to resubmit if they don't use it as a hospitality bar though?

How many would do that anyway ?
None in the hospitality section. ;-)

Other than that I can't honestly say, as the general consensus amongst the fans was a proper home end with a singing section, etc. If we could have got a few hundred fans together I'm sure many of them would have participated in waving flags and holding up 2 sticks. Maybe not.

You say that, but it won't be the same. Bar the big games, and when the atmosphere is rocking, the hospitality areas don't often join in the singing. Not having a go at the fans in those areas, it's just the way it is.
No they don’t, until a song spreads around the ground. Most people in those premium seats, and most fans in seats in other areas around the ground won’t stand up on their own and sing and join in with a song that starts in SS1, unless it keeps going and those blocks join in, then most fans join in.
However if those seats are right next to the singing area,I think those same fans would join in almost immediately with feeling self conscious. I’ll admit I’m talking about people like me here, but there are plenty of us, that maybe want to join in but are waiting for those around us to join in too. Those buying 93:20/ Joe’s type seats in that area would IMO be the same. Its contagious, in the same way a Poznan is, but many don’t start Poznaning until it reaches them.

They don't have to resubmit if they don't use it as a hospitality bar though?

It's in the planning application. Why would they submit the planning application including the hospitality bar if they have no intention of building the hospitality bar? If you make major changes to an approved planning application you have to submit an amended planning application. The hospitality bar is either going to get built or it isn't.

Ultimately the club has two choices:

- squeeze every penny they can
- allow fans to create an atmospheric end

It’s one or the other.

Which of the two do you think will:

1. Help the team win games
2. Attract new fans
3. Build the reputation of the club
4. Attract sponsorship deals
5. Instill a sense of pride amongst the club

The model to work off is Dortmund. Fans travel from all over the world to watch the Yellow Wall. Do you think they’d pop 600 posh seats in the key position? No chance.

Let’s say those seats generate an extra £600k per season. Is it genuinely worth it? Is there not more to football than revenue? Could the incredible brains employed by city not figure a way to expand the existing hospitality sections (e.g. SSL2?)

The next time Pep calls out the fans… LOL

I genuinely think we may need a joint 1894 and supporters club statement about these developments. Not only will this hospitality hinder the creation of a ‘home end’, I believe fans have also been misled and that the club surveys were hoaxes which did not provide the real intentions of the club.

Please could someone DM me with a contact address of someone at the club I can write to about this?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.