North Stand Construction Discussion

No they don’t, until a song spreads around the ground. Most people in those premium seats, and most fans in seats in other areas around the ground won’t stand up on their own and sing and join in with a song that starts in SS1, unless it keeps going and those blocks join in, then most fans join in.
However if those seats are right next to the singing area,I think those same fans would join in almost immediately with feeling self conscious. I’ll admit I’m talking about people like me here, but there are plenty of us, that maybe want to join in but are waiting for those around us to join in too. Those buying 93:20/ Joe’s type seats in that area would IMO be the same. Its contagious, in the same way a Poznan is, but many don’t start Poznaning until it reaches them.

If that's what you think fair enough. But I can't see a few 100 hospitality City fans standing up and joining in with the singing constantly at the front of the stand. I'm glad you can.

If it's a valid option great. But, the planning application shows a hospitality bar under the stand with stairs leading to the first 11 rows of seats. I doubt that is going to change, otherwise the club would have to amend the planning application, and they certainly aren't going to do that after just submitting the planning application.
@jrb Planning applications are fluid, you can amend them, if you and the 1894 demand a meeting with Danny Wilson and express your hate towards this section they can add planning amend it, planning applications typically take 3 to 4 months to go in, and you can ask to be a statutory consultee or even get a group of people to put in objections that are worded in planning speak, the more objections the more it then goes to a planning committee, this happens all the time

If it's a valid option great. But, the planning application shows a hospitality bar under the stand with stairs leading to the first 11 rows of seats. I doubt that is going to change, otherwise the club would have to amend the planning application, and they certainly aren't going to do that after just submitting the planning application.
Doubt you’d need to change planning, the room could still be built and used for something else, wouldn’t make any difference to planning.

Going through the planning application on my PC.

The hospitality area will be a 600 spectator hospitality space in the style of the existing 'Joes' space elsewhere within the Etihad Stadium. Spectators will be served via two bars which will be equipped to serve food and beverages. Seating at high tables / bar for 416 with standing at drink shelving for 184

city 7.jpg

Doubt you’d need to change planning, the room could still be built and used for something else, wouldn’t make any difference to planning.

That isn't just a room, above. Think what you want. That isn't getting changed.

@jrb Planning applications are fluid, you can amend them, if you and the 1894 demand a meeting with Danny Wilson and express your hate towards this section they can add planning amend it, planning applications typically take 3 to 4 months to go in, and you can ask to be a statutory consultee or even get a group of people to put in objections that are worded in planning speak, the more objections the more it then goes to a planning committee, this happens all the time

This will 100% go to committee regardless.

It is more about the allocation however and what that level of hospitality really is and who it is for, and that is not really that linked to the application. It does say hospitality/GA, the seats and areas themselves are the same as any others. other than the access to the bar underneath the next batch. There are many ways that can be used. On certain days, for certain games, outwith games, for fans that pay some more etc etc. It might not necessarily be the corporate fest people imagine. That might be something the club clarify to the groups.

Apologies. It is City Hall, not Manchester Hall, as I incorrectly stated.

1800 capacity.

city1.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.