North Stand Construction Discussion

Put it this way there is as much as any other of the side stand blocks, as I said yesterday those blocks tend to join in when those blocks around them are up and singing too. In fact the block I was in for for the Bayern game 220 was one of the best I have been in for joining in the singing, possibly due to proximity to the South Stand, they joined in most of the singing.

I don’t doubt that for the big matches, United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Later stages of the CL, etc.

I stand corrected, but I doubt there’s be much singing for the lesser games when people are sat down and seats remain unsold in the hospitality section.

We all have to remember Pep and many of the current players won’t be here when the new stand is opened in 3 years time, and 9000+ extra seats have to be filled. Unless Pep signs another final extension to his current contract. :-)

We are a business investment, bills have to be paid and profits made.

I despise corporate but the sad reality is it's a necessity.

This is an incredible addition to an already great stadium, yes I wish it would be more "iconic" but F me as a fan base we are becoming what we used to hate in the rags.

We as a fanbase have had our wildest dreams and fantasies made real, yet for some it's still not enough.
Exactly how I felt when I read this thread last night , we've gone a long way from the Gene Kelly stand

While I’m eternally grateful for the investment put into the club I’m also surprised by the look of the development. It looks out of date before it’s built. For the money City are spending I wonder why they have gone with this design?

Where is the £300m figure coming from incidentally? I've seen it in the papers, but where has it come from, an assumption or has it been statetd by someone actually involved.

Honestly can’t see why 6 rows of premium seats at the front of the stand will make any difference at all to the vast majority of the 9,500 people sat in the 90? rows behind them.
Having considered I’m veering this way now. If they made the front tier the family stand and had the vocal area for the whole of tier 2 behind the exec seats it could actually compress the vocal fans where they can make the most noise - the back half of the stand. There won’t be any banners hanging though which doesn’t really bother me but I know it will bother some.

I don’t doubt that for the big matches, United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Later stages of the CL, etc.

I stand corrected, but I doubt there’s be much singing for the lesser games when people are sat down and seats remain unsold in the 600 seater hospitality section.

We all have to remember Pep and many of the current players won’t be here when the new stand is opened in 3 years time, and 9000+ extra seats have to be filled. Unless Pep signs another final extension to his current contract. :-)
Tht's true, but many of those games there isn't singing in many parts of the ground, my point is those in Joes and 93:20 aren't very different to those fans in say 324 or 105, so a fan moving to the NS from 93:20 would be much the same as a fan deciding to move from 324 to the NS. Both would join in the nosie going on around them.
Look I agree it would be prefereable to have these seats somewhere else, and they might well be as I have said we know these plans have been in a drawer for a couple of months, before the consultation, and there would be no need to change them over the alloction of these seats. However if they aren't changed it wouldn't be the disaster you think it will be.

Honestly can’t see why 6 rows of premium seats at the front of the stand will make any difference at all to the vast majority of the 9,500 people sat in the 90? rows behind them.

Think it’s 11 rows. That’s what I counted. And 1 row behind the hospitality rows for people with walking difficulties and other disabilities.

Having considered I’m veering this way now. If they made the front tier the family stand and had the vocal area for the whole of tier 2 behind the exec seats it could actually compress the vocal fans where they can make the most noise - the back half of the stand. There won’t be any banners hanging though which doesn’t really bother me but I know it will bother some.
Plus the back half of the stand will be the cheaper seats like in SS3 which should be attractive to the generally younger, likely less affluent and probably more vocal supporters.

expanded version

Something's happening, happening to me
Spent all my money on hospitality, Awoo
I wanna follow you everywhere, Awoo
Even north stand's new tableware, awo
concealed below my level 2 chair, Awoo
Eventhough you snubbed my questionnaire

Can you hear me calling..

Tht's true, but many of those games there isn't singing in many parts of the ground, my point is those in Joes and 93:20 aren't very different to those fans in say 324 or 105, so a fan moving to the NS from 93:20 would be much the same as a fan deciding to move from 324 to the NS. Both would join in the nosie going on around them.
Look I agree it would be prefereable to have these seats somewhere else, and they might well be as I have said we know these plans have been in a drawer for a couple of months, before the consultation, and there would be no need to change them over the alloction of these seats. However if they aren't changed it wouldn't be the disaster you think it will be.

I think the support in lesser games has been pretty good this season. Yes, there have been a few quiet games. There always is.

Again, I can only go off what you say about fans in the current hospitality areas and how they support the team. But I’m still inclined to think they aren’t as vocal ‘throughout the match’ as the fans are in the singing sections.

Nobody knows if it will be a disaster or not. Only time will tell. But it would be more preferable if those 600 hospitality seats were located elsewhere in the stand or added to other hospitality areas around the ground instead. As it is there will be 2 hospitality areas at the back of NSL2.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.