North Stand Construction Discussion

I don’t think this hospitality nonsense will be just about increasing turnover.

You might be 60/65 and not so good on your legs and just want a bit of comfort at half time. And be in a position that you’ve paid your mortgage so can afford a little more. Feck knows but probably about offering a different service rather than just purely being about turnover. Just cos you maybe in that demographic doesn’t mean you don’t sing your heads off!!

I’m not in that position by the way!!! Yet!!

You can't object to having hospitality seats at the front of tier 2 on the planning portal. You could I suppose but it will be laughed at and rightly ignored. Idiotic suggestion.

Can you imagine the headlines that would be written though, the portal is after all a free public news generator for many papers.

'100s of nimby blues object to unprecedented transformative £300m development, over 600 seater hospitality offering with ambulant provision'
(sub headline) 'for seats they can't fill anyway'

Look it is obviously a totally valid consideration and concern for many, but it is not a planning matter. Raise it through dialogue with the club, and for goodness sake don't give the very media we complain about any sticks to beat us with.

Can you imagine the headlines that would be written though, the portal is after all a free public news generator for many papers.

'100s of nimby blues object to unprecedented transformative £300m development, over 600 seater hospitality offering with ambulant provision'

Look it is obviously a totally valid consideration and concern for many, but it is not a planning matter. Raise it through dialogue with the club, and for goodness sake don't give the very media we complain about any sticks to beat us with.
Not to mention that a lot of the objections won't be from Blues as anyone can do it. Happily the planners aren't going to be stupid.

The more I read and see pictures shout this, the more disappointed I get.

Fragmenting NSL2 which we all wanted as a vocal stand with safe standing with hospitality and corporate areas, as well as not having safe standing, is extremely disappointing.

But so is the architecture of the whole proposal.

The hotel looks like an average 1960s office block in Hull.

View attachment 76093

City Square looks like Golden Square shopping centre in Warrington and not a space for football fans pre- and post-game.

View attachment 76094

The NSL2 tier itself looks too shallow so that by the time you’re at the back, you’ll be miles away from the pitch. It should be much steeper so you feel on top of the pitch.

View attachment 76095

I’m disappointed with this to be honest.

While I’m eternally grateful for the investment put into the club I’m also surprised by the look of the development. It looks out of date before it’s built. For the money City are spending I wonder why they have gone with this design?

Mouth was maybe harsh and I apologize. But the reason your post pissed me off is simple. You are obviously a vociferous blue with an interest in the atmosphere.

We can all go on about roofs and acoustics and corporate areas and all the other stuff that we have moaned and argued and commented on this forum for years. But the success of this project in terms of atmosphere depends on one thing only . Vocal fans relocating. That will make or break it. So when I see “yeah I’m not arsed and staying where I am” it says to me that we are going to have a lifetime of everybaway fans singing “Is this a library?” Whilst our fans clap away impotently to two different songs at once on the bottom tier oblivious to the fact that they can barely be heard.

This is the last chance.

No probs, Dave.

I am, just like you and many other City fans are.

People can’t compare singing and support between SSL1, 109, 110, 111 and the hospitality areas. It’s like chalk and cheese. The mindset and demographics between those 2 different types of City fans is huge. Like many I’ve sat in corporate and hospitality areas, and hand on heart I can’t remember much singing, never mind constant singing and standing for 90 minutes.

Look mate. Let’s get to the point. It’s utter madness to shoehorn 600 hospitality seats into the first ‘11 rows’ of what is supposed to be a loud, passionate, noisy, intimidating, etc 2nd tier and home end, where people want to stand and support the team throughout the match.

Calling us nimbys is a bit insulting. :-)

I’m objecting as there’s not a fence around the hospitality seating that I can look over and have a nosey at.

No probs, Dave.

People can’t compare singing and support between SSL1, 109, 110, 111 and the hospitality areas. It’s like chalk and cheese. The mindset and demographics between those 2 different types of City fans is huge. Like many I’ve sat in corporate and hospitality areas, and hand on heart I can’t remember much singing, never mind constant singing and standing for 90 minutes.

Look mate. Let’s get to the point. It’s utter madness to shoehorn 600 hospitality seats into the first ‘11 rows’ of what is supposed to be a loud, passionate, noisy, intimidating, etc 2nd tier and home end, where people want to stand and support the team throughout the match.
I don't know if those 600 premium seats will end up there or they won't, none of us do, what I do know is those 600 seats will only make any difference to the atmosphere in the rest od the NS 2 is f City fans like yourself let it.

That's it. It's a simple thing to address but something that has to happen. Considering they have designed it to be capable of taking three monster tifos from the roof and with better noise retention, it is silly to ruin that by having a corporate area right at the front.

As @Didsbury Dave said, there has a to be a group leading this and responding on that basis. Whether it's 1894 via a survey on here that gets signatures opposing it or a new group.

It would be worthwhile doing a generic objection to the planning application on that basis. Can write one in two seconds and then everyone just changes their name on it. If thousands of those go in then City will probably want to act for PR reasons.
No probs, Dave.

So let’s fight it as a supporter group then.if fans coordinate themselves and make a noise, including through the media, the club will listen. I’d get involved.

The only real issue is the 600 hospitality (not corporate ;-) ) seats at the front of L2. That important issue aside, the vast majority of people posting in the thread are impressed with the overall proposal.

Yep. That’s the main issue with the expansion. The rest of it looks pretty good.

Remove those 600 seats and I’d be happy

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.