North Stand Construction Discussion

The current Joe’s sections are there. Obviously it won’t be called Joe’s on NSL2.

DDFA1148-9D52-4B71-92E1-204E570E23FF.jpeg

I’ve never been into either Joe’s, so I’ll ask the question. Is there much singing and chanting going on in either Joe’s during the match?

Last edited:
While I’m eternally grateful for the investment put into the club I’m also surprised by the look of the development. It looks out of date before it’s built. For the money City are spending I wonder why they have gone with this design?
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I suppose, I love it.

Good grief this thread has turned in to parody.

If there were 9000 singers relocating to the new stand there might be a stronger argument. But there won’t be anywhere near that moving.

Anybody thinking City were gonna build a new stand without any corporate or semi corporate seats need their bumps felt. Ffs we’ve been told that was the case by Bluesmith for weeks.

Having a strip of premium seats at the front of the stand won’t make any difference to atmosphere. Half the seats in the new stand will be filled by tourists and newer fans so having a few hundred corporate at the front wont make any difference whatsoever to the atmosphere.

Relax and enjoy the trip to Wembley !

If anything, you could argue people paying a premium for those seats are less likely to leave with 20 minutes to go, just as much as you can clain they won't sing or stand in the rain.

You can object to whatever you want on the planning system but it needs to be written in planning terminology, which happens all the time, the club and its agents see this then they put in a planning amendment to rectify the issue, moaning on here going to do nothing.

You can indeed but beyond that really is not at all how it works. You can go ahead, that is indeed what that option is there for. But you will 100% be wasting your and others' time.

The more I read and see pictures shout this, the more disappointed I get.

Fragmenting NSL2 which we all wanted as a vocal stand with safe standing with hospitality and corporate areas, as well as not having safe standing, is extremely disappointing.

But so is the architecture of the whole proposal.

The hotel looks like an average 1960s office block in Hull.

City Square looks like Golden Square shopping centre in Warrington and not a space for football fans pre- and post-game.

The NSL2 tier itself looks too shallow so that by the time you’re at the back, you’ll be miles away from the pitch. It should be much steeper so you feel on top of the pitch.

I’m disappointed with this to be honest.

I agree with this, for the best part. But in the grand scheme of things it is still a pretty damn impressive development. That's just part of everyday opinion and happens all the time.

The current Joe’s sections are there. Obviously it won’t be called Joe’s On NSL2.

View attachment 76098

I’ve never been into either Joe’s, so I’ll ask the question. Is there much singing and chanting going on in either Joe’s during the match?
Put it this way there is as much as any other of the side stand blocks, as I said yesterday those blocks tend to join in when those blocks around them are up and singing too. In fact the block I was in for for the Bayern game 220 was one of the best I have been in for joining in the singing, possibly due to proximity to the South Stand, they joined in most of the singing.

You can object to whatever you want on the planning system but it needs to be written in planning terminology, which happens all the time, the club and its agents see this then they put in a planning amendment to rectify the issue, moaning on here going to do nothing.
Planning don't care who sits there, and City wouldn't need to amend anything to change who sits there. They may even have changed their minds already for all we know as they are old plans and not bothered changing it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.