North Stand Construction Discussion

Remember plans were for huge level 3's to be extended after north n south.
The extension to east and west stand would allow the removal of the cable net and a new roof. I thought on the proposal they put out that the roof would retain a similar shape instead of being flat like Arsenal. So old 2016 thread

Screenshot_20230424-002754.png

Last edited:
But if the club do the right thing and change their minds about the hospitality section at the front of the stand, I’ll be in L2 with my megaphone and drum. ;-)
Did you know that the Stretford End has had a corporate area in the middle of it for at least 30 years? The more I think about this the more I think it’s not that much if a big deal.

That’s stopping next season in a bid to improve the atmosphere.
Is that right? I sat in it for the FA Cup derby in 1996 and got into an argument with a cockney red who sang “You’re the shit of Manchester” so I roared “You don’t come from Manchester” right in his face.

Did you know that the Stretford End has had a corporate area in the middle of it for at least 30 years? The more I think about this the more I think it’s not that much if a big deal.
There is zero issue here, people getting worked up with a few hundred seats, crazy and even more so when the full details of those seats aren't even known.

People keep going on about atmosphere, things change we live in a different era, the atmosphere at grounds has changed the demographic of people who attend has changed and will continue to do so.

Huge successful clubs attract tourists and casuals , I and many may not like it but it comes with the territory.

Do we want to go back to the old days of having just a local fan base with a average team?

There is zero issue here, people getting worked up with a few hundred seats, crazy and even more so when the full details of those seats aren't even known.

People keep going on about atmosphere, things change we live in a different era, the atmosphere at grounds has changed the demographic of people who attend has changed and will continue to do so.

Huge successful clubs attract tourists and casuals , I and many may not like it but it comes with the territory.

Do we want to go back to the old days of having just a local fan base with a average team?

as far as I can see no one has said about not having tourists or hospitality sections in the ground… your points dont relate to what’s been mentioned over the last week or so.

Not having hospitality seats at the front of a home end isn’t a crazy idea. It’s pretty reasonable

This point doesn’t make any sense at all. Who’s said that? And btw we do have a predominantly local support going to most home and away games and we’ve been pretty successful. Not that that’s relevant to what’s being discussed currently

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.