North Stand Construction Discussion

And I just noticed this zooming in!

You'll need a head for heights up there, it seems to be a really high walkway over and above the (high) rooftop walkway strung between the new tower pylons supporting the cablenet
View attachment 76354
The walk was discussed in the original plan. It will take you to the middle of the North Stand like they have at Spurs. Will become a tourist attraction.

Edit: never mind, you were pointing out something else! :)

1682417307520.png

Last edited:
Apart from everything else you've accused me of posting, when did I ever refer to City fans who go into hospitality as 'posh cunts'? Feel free to quote me and repost it.

Regardless if you agree or not, don't like what I post, find what I post repetitive, amongst everything I've posted from the PA, my now boring point about the hospitality section being in the wrong place on L2 still stands. And there are a lot of people on here who agree with me on that point.

As you and others know, I have been fully supportive of the proposal from day one, bar the boxed shaped hotel design, on here and on the fans consultation form. But if you want to tie me down to that single issue, and nothing else I've added to this thread and the general discussion about the proposal, that's up to you.

In fairness, I have consistently acknowledged and mostly agreed with your point on location (rather than allocation). I and a few others are pointing out that it might not be as black and white as you imagine it. That will come out over the next while, and I'm sure you will know well before I do, and I'll be keen to find out.

I don't particularly disagree with any of that. Other than, you have skipped 3 years into the future. This is by no means a done thing.

edit, lets flip it. The application doesn't involve any hospitality in that front area, and it is just a bar behind it, not coloured in purple. Everyone is happy, we can all pat each others on the back and look forward to this last chance atmospheric end.

Skip 3 years ahead and the club decide to use it for hospitality, out of nowhere.

Just because it is in this submission now, doesn't mean it is what you speculate. Just as if it wasnt, doesn't mean it can't happen in the future.
....or be discontinued/redesigned if it doesn’t work.

Yep, good points. Especially the premium safe standing - at least it sets the tone!
When I have the meeting date set I'll post in here and I'll try and take minutes to post here too.

There's another point here too. At the moment the front of NS2 offers a really good view at a more affordable price. Under these plans, the club is basically adding an extra charge to it.

It's one thing - a welcome thing - for the club to swap the 'family' concept for atmosphere - enabling atmosphere is the best thing the club can do for the next generation of lifelong Blues within the stadium.

But it's another thing for the club to swap the 'family' concept for another monetisation opportunity, because the main draw of the 'family' concept is not the MatchAttax posters in NS2 - it's that it's slightly more affordable for people who have multiple STs or matchday tickets to pay for.

So, while we have to keep an open mind at this stage, this isn't just a potential spanner in the works to the home end we've dreamed of. It's about what was affordable and accessible now becoming more expensive.

On the 'posh' point, I haven't been in Joe's, but I have been in 93:20 and the ES2 hospitality seats and the fans there are just like they are anywhere else in the ground. But the whole point is that it's a more chilled out, comfy, slightly more luxurious experience for the fan who wants or needs that. Which does change the atmosphere - it's meant to.

Absolutely nothing wrong with it. It's nice in there and can totally see the appeal. But in terms of atmos, it's where I'd take my wife or mum for a comfy seat, a gentler vibe and a more premium viewing experience for an occasion. It's not where I'd go to have a good shout and sing with my boys.

Last edited:
The hotel just needs to be functional, not sure why everyone thinks we were going to end up with something extraordinary when the design has to be limited in height, doesn’t have decent waterfront surroundings and is facing northwards overlooking a pretty bleak view.

I fundamentally disagree with this.

The hotel as proposed though does go well beyond that regardless, I haven't seen anyone argue otherwise. It is just opinions on the look of it, each as valid as the other really. Each also effectively as meaningless as the next, in the grand scheme of things.

I fundamentally disagree with this.

The hotel as proposed though does go well beyond that regardless, I haven't seen anyone argue otherwise. It is just opinions on the look of it, each as valid as the other really. Each also effectively as meaningless as the next, in the grand scheme of things.
Perhaps I didn’t clarify my position, I wasn’t meaning the design didn’t need consideration, just that I don’t think you would get anything jaw-dropping due to the height restriction and pretty dull siting. I think the way it’s connected to the stadium is the issue, I might have preferred one not connected, but then it may look better if/when we get a full stadium wrap.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.