North Stand Construction Discussion

Perhaps I didn’t clarify my position, I wasn’t meaning the design didn’t need consideration, just that I don’t think you would get anything jaw-dropping due to the height restriction and pretty dull siting. I think the way it’s connected to the stadium is the issue, I might have preferred one not connected, but then it may look better if/when we get a full stadium wrap.

Again I fundamentally disagree, with that first part at least. I see your point with the second.

But as with the hospitality debate, I know how much work is yet to happen after this gets approved, and how much can change and affect how the final thing looks.

Again I fundamentally disagree, with that first part at least. I see your point with the second.

But as with the hospitality debate, I know how much work is yet to happen after this gets approved, and how much can change and affect how the final thing looks.
Can't expect people staying in the hotel to tramp across the collar site in the glorious Manchestet weather to their seats in the stadium ! So it had to be attached to the stadium makes sense !

Can't expect people staying in the hotel to tramp across the collar site in the glorious Manchestet weather to their seats in the stadium ! So it had to be attached to the stadium makes sense !

It wasn't a point I made, I have zero issue with it being attached.

Apart from everything else you've accused me of posting, when did I ever refer to City fans who go into hospitality as 'posh cunts'? Feel free to quote me and repost it.

Regardless if you agree or not, don't like what I post, find what I post repetitive, amongst everything I've posted from the PA, my now boring point about the hospitality section being in the wrong place on L2 still stands. And there are a lot of people on here who agree with me on that point.

As you and others know, I have been fully supportive of the proposal from day one, bar the boxed shaped hotel design, on here and on the fans consultation form. But if you want to tie me down to that single issue, and nothing else I've added to this thread and the general discussion about the proposal, that's up to you.

I didn't think my tone was anywhere near as aggressive or flippant as you maybe took it. But just in case, I mean no dismissal or finger pointing. I quite enjoy your posts, and your passion is clear. Keeping an open mind won't change that.

When you meet them make these points -

Say that these spots could be sold as ‘premium safe standing’ and not hospitality/corporate where those paying a bit extra get access to a better bar area (may already be the case as far as we know) etc.
No idea why you keep mentioning corporate as you've been told multiple times that it's no such thing.

What if they're sold as 'Hospitality Safe Standing' with access to their own bar? Would that satisfy you?

No idea why you keep mentioning corporate as you've been told multiple times that it's no such thing.

What if they're sold as 'Hospitality Safe Standing' with access to their own bar? Would that satisfy you?
Seeing safe standing isn't included in the design and only mention as later possibility it's not going to be a alternative at present !

Seeing safe standing isn't included in the design and only mention as later possibility it's not going to be a alternative at present !
Yes it is it's an alternative mentioned in plans drawn up months ago, and could well have been changed during the consultation and meetings.

Probably because for a lot of people who don’t sit in say ss2 they do see it as corporate/ coming under that name. If you compare say ss3 to ss2 there’s a massive difference. Tickets are nearly double the price, comfy seats, your own bar area.

I get you really want to highlight how different it is, but you could pretty much call it corporate light. That’s not a dig at the city fans who sit there either. Fair play if you can afford that.

I’d rather we didn’t have that kind of seating at the front of a home end.

Last edited:
Not on the front rows of the vocal stand it doesn’t.

City could horse-shoe the entire rest of Level 2 in the East, South and Colin Bell stands to increase hospitality and leave the new NSL2 alone and create something special in terms of a vocal stand.

It really doesn’t have to be, and shouldn’t be there.
Wouldn’t that displace a load of fans currently in those areas? The current plans displace less people.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.