North Stand Construction Discussion

It does look like a 12 year old has done it on paint. No chance it will look that wank in reality.

Does it really?

It serves a different and quite specific purpose, from the other more marketable images. And the process is quite different. It could have been more basic than that and still would have done what it needed to, hardly a significant bone to pick.

Does it really?

It serves a different and quite specific purpose, from the other more marketable images. And the process is quite different. It could have been more basic than that and still would have done what it needed to, hardly a significant bone to pick.
It does, but I’m not really bothered. When it’s built I’m sure it will look great.

I do remain concerned about the hospitality. The club have pulled the wool over our eyes with this. It's been fully considered and designed in. If it's not changed now it never will be. They're currently seeking planning for the proposed hospitality areas within the concourse so to change that would require planning permission. It's a simple change, just create more bar space for GA tickets...but it's one that the club has to do now and not post-planning, because they simply will not do it.

It's this one for me. An expanded North Stand rising in front of you would look epic and incredibly intimidating for opposition fans.
The GA+ seats aren't written in stone though. They're just normal seats with access to their own bar area which anyone could wander into, presumably if it goes ahead there'll have to be stewards? Planning has no impact on it as long as permission has been granted if they go ahead with the bar, they could decide to not even implement the bar and no changes to planning would need to be submitted?

Surely the majority of away fans will approach from the South?

The GA+ seats aren't written in stone though. They're just normal seats with access to their own bar area which anyone could wander into, presumably if it goes ahead there'll have to be stewards? Planning has no impact on it as long as permission has been granted if they go ahead with the bar, they could decide to not even implement the bar and no changes to planning would need to be submitted?

Surely the majority of away fans will approach from the South?

Would they want to have a separate bar area if those seats were just GA? Probably not. If they get an extra bar in there they'll want some revenue back from it. To change it would mean a change to the plans. Might be deemed non-material but it would need planning if the floorplan changes. Maybe they'd be happy to provide a bar still for GA seating, it would be a great way to boost atmosphere in that part of the ground. Maybe they just charge slightly more for the privilege and there's nothing to panic about at all...need answers on it.

Would they want to have a separate bar area if those seats were just GA? Probably not. If they get an extra bar in there they'll want some revenue back from it. To change it would mean a change to the plans. Might be deemed non-material but it would need planning if the floorplan changes. Maybe they'd be happy to provide a bar still for GA seating, it would be a great way to boost atmosphere in that part of the ground. Maybe they just charge slightly more for the privilege and there's nothing to panic about at all...need answers on it.
I don't think they would need to change planning if they decided not to put a bar in that area though I may be wrong. The other way around for sure. Someone suggested it could be used for storage for 1894 and the like for flags and banners etc.

I don't think they would need to change planning if they decided not to put a bar in that area though I may be wrong. The other way around for sure. Someone suggested it could be used for storage for 1894 and the like for flags and banners etc.
They will need all the bar space then can get for more 9320s and Joes in the northern blocks of east and west if there is demand or similar. Space is at a premium.

It would be minor either way so perhaps not an issue. But it depends whether there's capacity for those fans elsewhere on the concourses or if they need to re-design it for any reason. Semantics. I just don't want City to use that as an excuse not to make any change to the proposal. This is set in stone, it's a detailed application with full modelling carried out so they're planning to build what they get planning for.

It would be minor either way so perhaps not an issue. But it depends whether there's capacity for those fans elsewhere on the concourses or if they need to re-design it for any reason. Semantics. I just don't want City to use that as an excuse not to make any change to the proposal. This is set in stone, it's a detailed application with full modelling carried out so they're planning to build what they get planning for.

Is the last sentence a statement you are making, or the assumption of the excuse the club might use?

Either way, it is wrong. Relax, for whatever one of a multitude of possible reasons for that being included in the application, it can change at any point between now and 3 years from now, or even after it is built.

93;20 are GA with just a seperate bar area, Joes, as well but slightly more perks.. It wouldn't need a change in plans if they wanted the seperate bar to be just another bar, or even if they wanted to use it as a broom cupboard later on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.