North Stand Construction Discussion

City Matters

These people from the club should have a collective email address that all have access to, instead of the long-winded way of doing things.

There also should be a fan representative on the board this is a must to try and stop people from making crazy discussions like what they have done with the North Stand and the ticketing issues

Last edited:
Spot on. The assumption was that the ticketing cock up would cause a negative impact on atmosphere but it didn't. More people stayed until the end than usual and the atmosphere was electric. It wasn't right that loyal fans weren't able to get tickets but it shows that in an expanded stadium where there simply will be lots of new fans and overseas supporters, the atmosphere doesn't suffer.

The amount of overseas fans the rags and dippers have. They're still hardcore and make noise.

Ideally we would have a single tier with traditional loyal fans. But I would imagine 600 fans with access to a bar wouldn't be paying much more than the wider 9,000 in NSL2 and would be there for the atmosphere too and contribute. They just want to pay more to have their own location and bar.

It's possible too that if it doesn't work it can be changed. If the side stands get expanded then move it and revert to standard seats.

Even if it's a bunch of 600 posh seats, whilst far from ideal it doesn't change the fact you have a huge tier under the roof where singers can make noise in one location that travels around the ground.

That simply doesn't happen at the moment. You have SSL1 then an attempt to get SSL3 going. Neither can hear each other. Then the Kippax corner which again is isolated from the other singers.

Collate all of those in one area and it will make a racket.
It's quite likely that we'll end up with TWO ends.

Lots will relocate to NSL2,but some will choose or need to stay in SS3.

We could have the best of both worlds with two ends that spark orff each other.

It's quite likely that we'll end up with TWO ends.

Lots will relocate to NSL2,but some will choose or need to stay in SS3.

We could have the best of both worlds with two ends that spark orff each other.
This. Its not necessarily a bad thing. In my view could actually be good because the songs will travel more effectively if you got both ends going for it.

@jrb its a big area

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make here, could you expand?

But since you brought it up.

Its size is 400sqm. Which can take a capacity of up to about 600 depending on seating layouts. Which coincides with the number of seats described as 'hospitality/GA' (and the /GA is actually important here) above it. It is smaller than the 3 hotel bar areas in the same development.

The layout is that of a bog standard bar, i.e no booths, private areas, dining zones etc.

For a bit more context. The main concourse 'common man' bar areas that surround it are 1,300sqm, excluding general spill out zones. The 'hospitality bar' has 5 access points to the concourse areas. Probably the most interesting thing, it doesn't have its own toilets! It shares the main concourse toilets. Pardon the pun, but does that not just piss on the whole notion it is this exclusive corporate bubble people imagine?

The reality of it is, it is just another bar, as part of a busy concourse of multiple bars. Take the purple colour off it, take the hospitality out of the hospitality/GA lable, and there is literally no difference between that and the rest. The seating within the stand is also no different, in size, spacing etc.

If on matchdays the club decide to sell those tickets without the +surcharge, the whole thing just gets used as one. If as someone suggested, the club choose to use it as storage of inflatable bananas, banners, flags and vuvuzelas, it allows for that too. The whole thing looks like it has actually been thought about, and is quite flexible.

I know some people don't trust the club, and think this is sneaking in corporate, but to me it just looks far more fluid than that. I've mentioned before, the pac report states the team had biweekly meetings with the planners for a period of about 5 or 6 months ahead of the submission. It is entirely possible, that the planners may have had an issue with the amount of bar offerings (which is within their remit). And that defining a portion and designating it as dedicated 'hospitality' for a select group, eased their concerns, it is not uncommon. It is also possible that the club just don't know exactly what they want yet, and are getting approval for something that gives them multiple options in the future.

Either way, that flexibility is there, and once approved or even built as per, will remain there. I think it is great fans continue to engage with the club, and I'm keen to hear the feedback myself. I just don't think there is this 'now or never' fight to be had over it.

This. Its not necessarily a bad thing. In my view could actually be good because the songs will travel more effectively if you got both ends going for it.
I wonder if they'll mix the starting ends up for kick off. I always assumed they play attacking the south stand half so the opposition can hear the crowd and throw a wobble. Might be wrong though.

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make here, could you expand?

But since you brought it up.

Its size is 400sqm. Which can take a capacity of up to about 600 depending on seating layouts. Which coincides with the number of seats described as 'hospitality/GA' (and the /GA is actually important here) above it. It is smaller than the 3 hotel bar areas in the same development.

The layout is that of a bog standard bar, i.e no booths, private areas, dining zones etc.

For a bit more context. The main concourse 'common man' bar areas that surround it are 1,300sqm, excluding general spill out zones. The 'hospitality bar' has 5 access points to the concourse areas. Probably the most interesting thing, it doesn't have its own toilets! It shares the main concourse toilets. Pardon the pun, but does that not just piss on the whole notion it is this exclusive corporate bubble people imagine?

The reality of it is, it is just another bar, as part of a busy concourse of multiple bars. Take the purple colour off it, take the hospitality out of the hospitality/GA lable, and there is literally no difference between that and the rest. The seating within the stand is also no different, in size, spacing etc.

If on matchdays the club decide to sell those tickets without the +surcharge, the whole thing just gets used as one. If as someone suggested, the club choose to use it as storage of inflatable bananas, banners, flags and vuvuzelas, it allows for that too. The whole thing looks like it has actually been thought about, and is quite flexible.

I know some people don't trust the club, and think this is sneaking in corporate, but to me it just looks far more fluid than that. I've mentioned before, the pac report states the team had biweekly meetings with the planners for a period of about 5 or 6 months ahead of the submission. It is entirely possible, that the planners may have had an issue with the amount of bar offerings (which is within their remit). And that defining a portion and designating it as dedicated 'hospitality' for a select group, eased their concerns, it is not uncommon. It is also possible that the club just don't know exactly what they want yet, and are getting approval for something that gives them multiple options in the future.

Either way, that flexibility is there, and once approved or even built as per, will remain there. I think it is great fans continue to engage with the club, and I'm keen to hear the feedback myself. I just don't think there is this 'now or never' fight to be had over it.
This argument over 600 seats is sadly pathetic in the extreme, if it was the whole of one tier there is an argument, but 600, come on.

Many of our strongest most vocal supporters may be very tempted to take up one of these seats and have access to a private bar before and after a game.

I personally think it's a great idea from the club and it has my full support.

This argument over 600 seats is sadly pathetic in the extreme, if it was the whole of one tier there is an argument, but 600, come on.

Many of our strongest most vocal supporters may be very tempted to take up one of these seats and have access to a private bar before and after a game.

I personally think it's a great idea from the club and it has my full support.

To flip my own earlier arguement against me. The way it is laid out, if this application hadn't included the purple colour as a 'hospitality' bar, or the 600 seats as 'hospitality/GA', there would be absolutely nothing stopping the club in the future using it and selling it as such. Or dedicating that area, or any other within the concourse or the stand, as a 'premium' offering, at any point in its lifecycle. So the whole worry over it seems somewhat unnecessary.

To flip my own earlier arguement against me. The way it is laid out, if this application hadn't included the purple colour as a 'hospitality' bar, or the 600 seats as 'hospitality/GA', there would be absolutely nothing stopping the club in the future using it and selling it as such. Or dedicating that area, or any other within the concourse or the stand, as a 'premium' offering, at any point in its lifecycle. So the whole worry over it seems somewhat unnecessary.
Not against you far from it, several on here are going so far over the top over these seats.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.