North Stand Construction Discussion

We know the cheapest are the loudest,

I don't. And I don't believe it either. Nor that 'young people' can't afford more expensive seats. Young people pay out much more than me for all sorts of things, this isn't the 1950s.

There are a lot of cliched assumptions and sweeping statements made. Even if they were true, which they are not, not universally at least, there is a long way between where we are now and that being the case.

People might want to think only a week back to the madrid game when all the proclamations fell flat on their arse to arguably the best atmosphere we have seen to a CL night.

On that note maybe the club could look at extending the 18-21 prices to 18-25 for areas such as the North & South Stands, if they’re the most vocal (I know some may say different) let’s get them in there, let’s make the atmospheres like an away game, the demographic of the stand is far more important than anything else
There loads of 18-25 who don't sing in SS1, it's still a lot of us FOC's who are carrying these fuckers, they need to get ON IT, like we did at their age in the Kippax.

I don't. And I don't believe it either. Nor that 'young people' can't afford more expensive seats. Young people pay out much more than me for all sorts of things, this isn't the 1950s.

There are a lot of cliched assumptions and sweeping statements made. Even if they were true, which they are not, not universally at least, there is a long way between where we are now and that being the case.

People might want to think only a week back to the madrid game when all the proclamations fell flat on their arse to arguably the best atmosphere we have seen to a CL night.

Spot on. The assumption was that the ticketing cock up would cause a negative impact on atmosphere but it didn't. More people stayed until the end than usual and the atmosphere was electric. It wasn't right that loyal fans weren't able to get tickets but it shows that in an expanded stadium where there simply will be lots of new fans and overseas supporters, the atmosphere doesn't suffer.

The amount of overseas fans the rags and dippers have. They're still hardcore and make noise.

Ideally we would have a single tier with traditional loyal fans. But I would imagine 600 fans with access to a bar wouldn't be paying much more than the wider 9,000 in NSL2 and would be there for the atmosphere too and contribute. They just want to pay more to have their own location and bar.

It's possible too that if it doesn't work it can be changed. If the side stands get expanded then move it and revert to standard seats.

Even if it's a bunch of 600 posh seats, whilst far from ideal it doesn't change the fact you have a huge tier under the roof where singers can make noise in one location that travels around the ground.

That simply doesn't happen at the moment. You have SSL1 then an attempt to get SSL3 going. Neither can hear each other. Then the Kippax corner which again is isolated from the other singers.

Collate all of those in one area and it will make a racket.

Found the hospitality side view diagrams after digging through the thread.

From the looks of it the hospitality area doesn’t look that large. Obviously hard to tell from the diagram. It contains a bar and stool seating like the Ardwick. It doesn’t look anywhere near as big as the new bar at the back of SSL1. It certainly isn’t another SSL1 bar for the GA’s. There won’t be a DJ and the youth in there blasting out…. “I’ll follow you everywhere!”

View attachment 80490

View attachment 80491

View attachment 80492
1684879249635.png
@jrb its a big area

Found the hospitality side view diagrams after digging through the thread.

From the looks of it the hospitality area doesn’t look that large. Obviously hard to tell from the diagram. It contains a bar and stool seating like the Ardwick. It doesn’t look anywhere near as big as the new bar at the back of SSL1. It certainly isn’t another SSL1 bar for the GA’s. There won’t be a DJ and the youth in there blasting out…. “I’ll follow you everywhere!”

View attachment 80490

View attachment 80491

View attachment 80492

I never realised they had hospitality in the Stretford End at the swamp. Padded seats and all that. Can see it now, lower tier, different colour of shite! Doesn't stand out on matchdays or stop that being their most vocal end.

600 seats in 9000+ won't make a difference. I think it will be fine.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.