North Stand Construction Discussion

Expansion,modernisation,management and increased capacity in all aspects of the transport system and infrastructure are essential for the success of the Arena and matchday experience of City fans.

CITYs contribution to Manchester’s economy is immense and worthy of support from local and central government.

Etihad Rail is a long established infrastructure developer and operator in the Middle East,it wouldn’t surprise me if their experience and or finance is forthcoming at some stage.

It needs to change and quickly !!

Wonder if any enterprising business people will open some bars/cafes in the old Industrial buildings on the Bradford Rd/Old Mill St/Pollard st approach to the Stadium/Arena which is being pushed as a main route
Not many left, the large one is Brunswick Mill and before it is Ancoats Works, both planned for housing developments.

The resellers market helps keep tickets more expensive. People will pay as much as they think a ticket is worth, so if the club charged £30 for a big game, a reseller could sell that £30 ticket for £60 knowing people would be willing to pay that price. That means the club are losing a lot of potential revenue which is going to someone else. If the club charge £60 themselves, then the amount of people willing to pay more than that suddenly falls quite drastically and therefore there’s a lot less potential revenue lost to the resellers market. Ultimately it’s the fans who lose out.

Last edited:
The resellers market helps keep tickets more expensive. Ultimately people will pay as much as they think a ticket is worth, so if the club charged £30 for a big game, a reseller could sell that £30 ticket for £60 knowing people would be willing to pay that price. That means the club are losing a lot of potential revenue which is going to someone else. If the club charge £60 themselves, then the amount of people willing to pay more than that suddenly falls quite drastically and therefore there’s a lot less potential revenue lost to the resellers market. Ultimately it’s the fans who lose out.
It's the loyal fan base who lose out, who've been going for years but aren't current ST holders. We will be potentially paying £58 to £67 a home game thanks to the demand driven by tourists and JCLs.

I think there should be a balance between maximising revenue and keeping ticket prices low for fans who've been attending for years. We have a perfectly good points system in place to facilitate this. A certain amount of tickets should be capped at a specific price and sold to Cityzen members above "x" points. Now I don't know if that's legal but given resellers can make obscene profits I'm sure it could be legal. The remaining allocation can be sold to the tourists and JCLs who will pay a higher price.

For a lot of matches we would and if the club made tickets affordable and easy to obtain a majority of matches would be sold out.
Pricing is so important.

Reduce them and cap them,then target Mancunians young and old with season and matchday ticket offers.

The 'casual' International students and visitors can also be accommodated on an adhoc priced basis.

Football in general should reduce all ticket prices !!

Pricing is so important.

Reduce them and cap them,then target Mancunians young and old with season and matchday ticket offers.

The 'casual' International students and visitors can also be accommodated on an adhoc priced basis.

Football in general should reduce all ticket prices !!
And reducing players Wages!!

But the Saudis' have destroyed any hope of that happening.

Expansion,modernisation,management and increased capacity in all aspects of the transport system and infrastructure are essential for the success of the Arena and matchday experience of City fans.

CITYs contribution to Manchester’s economy is immense and worthy of support from local and central government.

Etihad Rail is a long established infrastructure developer and operator in the Middle East,it wouldn’t surprise me if their experience and or finance is forthcoming at some stage.

It needs to change and quickly !!

Just looking at the live cam on the new Arena's site. Surely the canal could be utilised better for transportation to games and gigs? Are there many locks between there and the centre? Obviously that would impact on viability.

Just looking at the live cam on the new Arena's site. Surely the canal could be utilised better for transportation to games and gigs? Are there many locks between there and the centre? Obviously that would impact on viability.
You’ve answered your own question there, too many locks. I know a guy who runs two barges to Old Toilet every match day and he would have loved to do the same to the Etihad but it just isn’t viable.

The resellers market helps keep tickets more expensive. People will pay as much as they think a ticket is worth, so if the club charged £30 for a big game, a reseller could sell that £30 ticket for £60 knowing people would be willing to pay that price. That means the club are losing a lot of potential revenue which is going to someone else. If the club charge £60 themselves, then the amount of people willing to pay more than that suddenly falls quite drastically and therefore there’s a lot less potential revenue lost to the resellers market. Ultimately it’s the fans who lose out.
Ticket Exchange is a prime example of the club making huge profits on listed tickets ! Never needed to use it before but for the Livetpool game last season.my Grandson was ill and couldn't attend so listed his ticket the night before as I thought at it will give anothet blue a chance to attend !! The ticket was an under 18 ticket that per match was just under £12 in East Stand Level 3 and received an email saying his seat had been sold and would be reimbursed 1/19 of his season ticket price ! Wasn't bothered about the money but it did take 2 weeks for it to go into my bank ! At the match a guy was sat in my Grandsons seat and got chatting to him and he said he's a good day so far ! He'd been to the academy stadium for a meal free drink and a programme and a parking place and a ride to the ground !!! Didn't crack on it was my Grandsons seat so asked him how much tha had cost him , he said £225 ! City are making a fortune from ticket exchange I recond including the seat price they made about £125 clear profit as the seat cost about £60 for an adult and the meal and bits about £40 !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.