North Stand Construction Discussion

You’ve answered your own question there, too many locks. I know a guy who runs two barges to Old Toilet every match day and he would have loved to do the same to the Etihad but it just isn’t viable.

Cheers, it's a long time since I walked down there, and couldn't recall how many there were. Likely be quicker walking then.

Does anyone know how much it costs the club on match days including power, stewards and police etc?

Ticket Exchange is a prime example of the club making huge profits on listed tickets ! Never needed to use it before but for the Livetpool game last season.my Grandson was ill and couldn't attend so listed his ticket the night before as I thought at it will give anothet blue a chance to attend !! The ticket was an under 18 ticket that per match was just under £12 in East Stand Level 3 and received an email saying his seat had been sold and would be reimbursed 1/19 of his season ticket price ! Wasn't bothered about the money but it did take 2 weeks for it to go into my bank ! At the match a guy was sat in my Grandsons seat and got chatting to him and he said he's a good day so far ! He'd been to the academy stadium for a meal free drink and a programme and a parking place and a ride to the ground !!! Didn't crack on it was my Grandsons seat so asked him how much tha had cost him , he said £225 ! City are making a fortune from ticket exchange I recond including the seat price they made about £125 clear profit as the seat cost about £60 for an adult and the meal and bits about £40 !
And what's your point ?

And what's your point ?
There selling tickets to the highest bidder that's not incouraging local support to be able to attend games ! It would have cost £60 at match day prices but advertised it as a Corporate package! I know the club has to make as much money as possible but seems for a ticket at original sale was wort £13 was re sold at £225 is hardly encouraging folk on limited budget to attend games ! Football is business not sport anymore I suppose we suck it up or stop going !

Just looking at the live cam on the new Arena's site. Surely the canal could be utilised better for transportation to games and gigs? Are there many locks between there and the centre? Obviously that would impact on viability.
Several locks probably makes it difficult....but man has stood on the moon so everything is possible, after all we're European and English Champions and Treble Winners....who'd av thunk it !!

There selling tickets to the highest bidder that's not incouraging local support to be able to attend games ! It would have cost £60 at match day prices but advertised it as a Corporate package! I know the club has to make as much money as possible but seems for a ticket at original sale was wort £13 was re sold at £225 is hardly encouraging folk on limited budget to attend games ! Football is business not sport anymore I suppose we suck it up or stop going !
The ticket when it's given/sold back isn't a junior ticket. It's just a spare seat. Selling it as part of a package offer is just what happens in nearly every popular game. I stopped using the exchange as soon as ticket transfer came in. Loads of us joined up on Friends and Family and pass them between us at £30 a go. I'd get more than the refund amount and one of the group gets a cheap seat. They rarely charge more if it's my U18 transferring to an adult. Get your mates on free Cityzens cards and give it a go.

We have to generate huge revenue to bring in the type of players like Haaland, I don't see any problem purchasing a single ticket from a season ticket holder and selling it on as corporate ticket...

And reducing players Wages!!

But the Saudis' have destroyed any hope of that happening.

Throughout the decades the team that has the highest wage bill wins the most trophies. It was Liverpool and United before us. I'm happy winning trophies!

City Square mostly gone now looks like store next, looks like there putting more entry gates in the spirals shop now in the offices near the entry gate

Throughout the decades the team that has the highest wage bill wins the most trophies. It was Liverpool and United before us. I'm happy winning trophies!
Totally agree but players wages are obscene and need sorting.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.