North Stand Construction Discussion

This is just a thought, I live on the south coast now, although I have been a City fan since childhood, and visited Maine Road many times and the Etihad a few times before it became beyond my means to travel to Manchester, buy a ticket, and get home again, as most kick off times mean a hotel room for a night too. Anyway, my point is, if City really care about their growing fan base and future blues, will they allocate at least a proportion of the additional capacity to parents with children who have no experience of watching live Premier League football? I mean sell a few hundred discounted tickets to people who have never been before as long as they bring children, and give them a chance to build up loyalty points so they can become regulars?
I have two enthusiastic footballing grandkids who live near AFC Bournemouth’s ground, they have managed to go a couple of times each to friendlies, League cup or by invitation because of their team’s support from the club, but the only way they can get to see Premier League games is by their parents shelling out for expensive hospitality deals. OK the ground is tiny, but how will they build their fan base if only the existing season ticket holders and regular fans can get in? It is probably the same at City, I haven’t seen a Premier League game in ten years, but surely the big clubs could do more to let low or middle income families get the experience, and encourage regular attendance

Last edited:
It will be interesting to see how the club manages 12,000 fans leaving the North stand after the match in such a tight and congested area with the stand and fanzone basically backing on to the Metrolink tram station (queues) and Joe Mercer way.

IMG-0165.png[img]
The more I see this the more it baffles me.
How the fuck do you get get up to the 'Sky walk' ?

Ahh, I've just zoomed in and noticed the steep steps either side.

I remain cynical about what we'll see. What's this covered City square going to provide? Is it going to be a beer hall style area to bring in the singers and get them buying loads of pints before making a racket? Or will the club think, they spend a limited amount and actually what we want is family and tourist oriented entertainment with lots of merchandise and to make a fortune capturing that revenue each matchday. Market to the Cityzen members a unique matchday experience with access to City square and all the entertainment plus seats in a single tier "home end" (they'll still call it that).

Those who come for a couple of beers and a sing song spend relatively little and they're already going to come and watch City sat where they currently are. The atmosphere is clearly good enough for us to perform as a club - unbeaten at home in 2023 - so why change it? Why not design it to capture as much revenue as possible which will come from those with kids, tourists and cityzen members who will undoubtedly spend more money.
I was bored last night, so worked out what I spent following City in 2023.

SS1 season tickets for me and the mrs
16 PL/Cup away matches
Fuel travelling 200 miles to The Etihad 24 times (every match is an away match for us ex-pats).
4 Euro aways including Istanbul
Hotels
Flights
Food and Beer

£14,000 give or take.

Fucking mind-blowing when you think about it. A decent family car or a couple of matches in the tunnel club.

So, that Fan City Square zone thingy had better accommodate the likes of me or I'll be putting a lighter under every club shop plaggy bag I come across.

You have been warned Mr Soriano.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.