North Stand Construction Discussion

I’m with you on this.
I don’t know why they just didn’t copy the South stand but with two tiers.
The hotel is a complete eyesore

Isn't that pretty much what it is though? The stand part of it at least, excluding the additional buildings that the south stand doesn’t have. Are you suggesting they should have just built the stand and no more?

@LEXSTARproject

In response to a recurring point you make. The hotel part of this has been taken on by another architects practice, WATG. And the fins/sails do indeed seem to have got a bit deeper from what was shown previously.
Hi, where is this info @Coatigan if you looked at the design that suggested it makes sense as ties in with the heritage of the club and also the badge to have bigger type fins/sails on the hotel and hopefully a skin all around the ground, just like Real Madrid etc have done

@jrb With the points about the rest of the site, I was looking through the photos and the club has not hidden the plans for the rest of the site

Please look at this official photo from the club, the outlays of the building are there

1705664677019.png
Just look in the background behind the hotel you see the outline of buidings

1705664847112.png
Here is photo that appeared online just after the plans where annoaced by the club

1705666286528.png
Here are plans for the rest of the site that was on the planning statement, I can put money on number 2 being a multistorey car park for the hotel and COOP live, similar to the one being built at Poland Street. I do not have a clue what 3 or 4 are. Looks like there are plans for opposite the coop area as well @bluesmith you heard anything

Last edited:
@jrb With the points about the rest of the site, I was looking through the photos and the club has not hidden the plans for the rest of the site

Please look at this official photo from the club, the outlays of the building are there

View attachment 104456
Just look in the background behind the hotel you see the outline of buidings

View attachment 104458
Here is photo that appeared online just after the plans where annoaced by the club

View attachment 104461
Here are plans for the rest of the site that was on the planning statement, I can put money on number 2 being a multistorey car park for the hotel and COOP live, similar to the one being built at Poland Street. I do not have a clue what 3 or 4 are. Looks like there are plans for opposite the coop area as well @bluesmith you heard anything

The numbers on the CGIs dont match the numbers on the upside down site.

Interestinisn't t it, that one little image appearing in a 290 odd document and application of another 100+ drawings, pretty much in isolation on the one page, as almost a little meaningless key.

I know no.2 is another separate hotel, to serve either the stadium or the arena. I'll try see if I can get find what 3 and 4 are.

Hi, where is this info @Coatigan if you looked at the design that suggested it makes sense as ties in with the heritage of the club and also the badge to have bigger type fins/sails on the hotel and hopefully a skin all around the ground, just like Real Madrid etc have done

I was shown a WATG drawing for the hotel, quite a recent one. The sails appeared deeper than I remember them being in the planning set.

Could be they were cut/shown at the deepest point as they do step in and out, but it instantly jumped at me as a difference.

I still maintain the horizontal panels are more significant though.

I was shown a WATG drawing for the hotel, quite a recent one. The sails appeared deeper than I remember them being in the planning set.

Could be they were cut/shown at the deepest point as they do step in and out, but it instantly jumped at me as a difference.

I still maintain the horizontal panels are more significant though.
@Coatigan

1705678715845.png

I think what is below is more striking and also ties in the club badge more than what is shown above , the whole stadium covered in this would look amazing

1705678974771.png
1705679019253.png
The stadium needs iconic and so just the hotel, if it looks like a travel lodge etc that is not a good look
Do you think they will copy what they are doing at Newcastle/Gateshead for the other buildings?

1705679610155.png
Like this

There needs to be car parking at the site taking that either going underground or multi-storeys

I think what is below is more striking and also ties in the club badge more than what is shown above , the whole stadium covered in this would look amazing
I agree. I think getting the horizontal bands right will have a bigger impact though, with or without that scale. Both would be best. Let's see when the panel is up in a couple months.

The stadium needs iconic and so just the hotel, if it looks like a travel lodge etc that is not a good look
Do you think they will copy what they are doing at Newcastle/Gateshead for the other buildings?

Agree too. No idea what they might do though.

I don't know why they don't make it bigger. From what I was reading the other day, the Sheikh buys all the tickets and gives them away for free anyway.

Dear Sheikh, if you are reading this, I have supported City since 1964/5, so if you are giving out free season tickets please bung one my way. I promise to buy a programme and a cup of tea, and I won't tell anyone.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.