North Stand Construction Discussion

From the perspective of someone in south stand 1 and the atmosphere side of things there is very little that could be done to move me into higher tiers. West Ham, Newcastle, Madrid to name a few. It’s always naff. Never got why people want high up at Wembley either. If I wanted a better view of the whole pitch I’d be watching on the telly.

Having spoke to those around me there is very little interest in moving over. The change to that would be if there was a massive incentive which would pretty much have to be some form of discounted season tickets. Knowing city are already moaning at being so far behind the scum in match day revenue that won’t happen, prices are only on the up.

Some may be swayed by the new bars, I must admit if done right the massive bar behind the stand is tempting. I feel City are just going to pack it out with family related stuff or the fanzone crap however. Personally I think it should be lots of different options not linked (different beers/foods etc). Guessing that isn’t possible with licensing probably though. In all likelihood they will end up charging too much anyway so people will be tempted to drink elsewhere.

On the atmosphere front if the 1894 was to be offered a section and accept it would probably have to be either located at the very front or very back. Flags banners etc all need storing/putting away at various points of the game and doubt would work in other areas.

Rangers and united have both recently announced they are moving their core atmosphere sections to behind the goals at the front as it should be. What teams have good atmosphere sections higher up? Napoli, the Milan teams. None others really come to mind anywhere in Europe I can think of.
At the front noise doesn’t carry. Great that you’re in your own little bubble but the atmosphere barely carries to other parts of the ground.

These fan groups that they have consulted jrb, how are they picked and who are they? Is it possible to get invited on to them?

I don't know the criteria.

City Matters are represented. 1894 are represented, pretty sure the OSC are represented, and other fan groups may also be represented. As for any other focus groups the club will probably pick them via certain criteria such season ticket holders, citizens card holders, male, female, families, youth, FOC’s, etc. The club do use a broad cross section of City fans for their focus groups. I don't think any of us on this thread have been asked yet? ;-) But I‘m sure Danny Wilson & Co are reading this thread avidly on a daily basis getting honest and genuine feedback on our thoughts and opinions of the North stand expansion.

Last edited:
From the perspective of someone in south stand 1 and the atmosphere side of things there is very little that could be done to move me into higher tiers. West Ham, Newcastle, Madrid to name a few. It’s always naff. Never got why people want high up at Wembley either. If I wanted a better view of the whole pitch I’d be watching on the telly.

Having spoke to those around me there is very little interest in moving over. The change to that would be if there was a massive incentive which would pretty much have to be some form of discounted season tickets. Knowing city are already moaning at being so far behind the scum in match day revenue that won’t happen, prices are only on the up.

Some may be swayed by the new bars, I must admit if done right the massive bar behind the stand is tempting. I feel City are just going to pack it out with family related stuff or the fanzone crap however. Personally I think it should be lots of different options not linked (different beers/foods etc). Guessing that isn’t possible with licensing probably though. In all likelihood they will end up charging too much anyway so people will be tempted to drink elsewhere.

On the atmosphere front if the 1894 was to be offered a section and accept it would probably have to be either located at the very front or very back. Flags banners etc all need storing/putting away at various points of the game and doubt would work in other areas.

Rangers and united have both recently announced they are moving their core atmosphere sections to behind the goals at the front as it should be. What teams have good atmosphere sections higher up? Napoli, the Milan teams. None others really come to mind anywhere in Europe I can think of.
People like you would need to be convinced for it to work but you can be if this is arranged and pushed properly. If it’s done right the whole end will be for atmosphere so you won’t need to be up at the back. Nothing like Newcastle.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.