North Stand Construction Discussion

The club aren't going to shift 8000 more match day tickets for the majority of the PL games. Not a chance. They know that United, Liverpool and Arsenal will sell out . The other games won't

The club can't have a awaiting list of fans for season tickets then only offer 8000 match day seats. There would be a massive backlash from disgruntled City fans who have waited patiently and for a long time for a season ticket.

A 50/50 or 60/40 split of season tickets and match day tickets for the expanded North stand would be about right. It won't happen, but making NSL2 all season ticket would be a great, bar hospitality.

We've got about 36k season ticket holders iirc. So you'd expect us to offer another 4k or so and get it to around 40,000. With the wider facilities and money streams from these proposals our matchday revenue will jump dramatically, without the need to drain season ticket holders. I'd hope they market the NS in the right way to fill it with season ticket holders and incentivise people financially to move there, and to other parts of the ground if they want out. Get the right demographic in there. They'll be making so much more from the additional matchday and corporate fans plus improved City Square and hotel.

Last year our matchday revenues went from 64m euros to 83m so adding another 9,000 seats would see that at 100m before you get into the intricacies of the above (which would increase it substantially).

In terms of rival clubs, 2023 data (in Euros) was:
Barcelona 166m
PSG 153m
Rags 151m
Spuds 135m
Real 122m
Bayern 121m
Arsenal 118m
Dippers 103m
Inter 90m
Chelsea 88m
City 83m
Milan 79m
Dortmund 75m
Marseille 64m
Atletico 60m
Juventus 57m
Frankfurt 54m
West Ham 47m
Newcastle 44m
Napoli 44m

Based on that I don't think City have to rinse season ticket holders to close the gap and join the top table. Our owners are the best at maximising revenue streams and I think they'll be able to get us near the top through the wider proposals even with our capacity still below plenty of the others. Arsenal make about £1.6m from their equivalent of Cityzen membership. £54 a year to get "priority" access to matchday tickets...but they have 30,000 people who sign up! Imagine how much you can flog matchday tickets for when you have 30,000 people bidding! You would do well to ever get a ticket, so when you do I'm sure you spend a fair amount at the game.

No, never.

But I have to admit, the drones are a threat to my pictures. Time and technology move on.

Drones will never replace the view from ground level, giving people a real perspective of how the North stand will look at ground level. Just like the Coop Live Arena.

Took some pictures around the perimeter of the site today. Not overly exciting to be honest. So much heavy machinery onsite.
These videos will never replace you because every City fan on here has really appreciated what you have done over the years and what you continue to do with this new development. I know being abroad reading the campus and north stand threads keeps me in touch with the club and your contribution has been huge since the beginning.

Your photos are of a high quality and represent a true fans perspective because you care about what you do and how you communicate it to others. You've advanced with technology yourself with each new camera you've bought. Using drones would probably appeal to you but only because it would give you a crane's eye view. Thanks again and keep up the excellent work as always.

These videos will never replace you because every City fan on here has really appreciated what you have done over the years and what you continue to do with this new development. I know being abroad reading the campus and north stand threads keeps me in touch with the club and your contribution has been huge since the beginning.

Your photos are of a high quality and represent a true fans perspective because you care about what you do and how you communicate it to others. You've advanced with technology yourself with each new camera you've bought. Using drones would probably appeal to you but only because it would give you a crane's eye view. Thanks again and keep up the excellent work as always.
Seconded

Absolutely agree with this! Prefer your stuff @jrb Appreciate you doing it

The club aren't going to shift 8000 more match day tickets for the majority of the PL games. Not a chance. They know that United, Liverpool and Arsenal will sell out . The other games won't

The club can't have a awaiting list of fans for season tickets then only offer 8000 match day seats. There would be a massive backlash from disgruntled City fans who have waited patiently and for a long time for a season ticket.

A 50/50 or 60/40 split of season tickets and match day tickets for the expanded North stand would be about right. It won't happen, but making NSL2 all season ticket would be a great, bar hospitality.
You’re right about the United, Liverpool and Arsenal games, they’ll want to make as much on those games as possible, hence the reason I think the overwhelming majority of new season ticket's will be silver.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.