North Stand Construction Discussion

Sorry, what I am trying to say is for the club to make extra money they need to create a DESTINATION and whilst I am not a Spurs fan what they have done that with their stadium is the way forward regarding the future of stadiums in the UK.

They are trying to make the stadium a place to go seven days a week instead of just match days which in return provides income so why do they have a skywalk and F1 drive?

Inside the stadium, they have an in-house brewery, goalline bars, quick-serving drinks, a market featuring different street food, and a proper home end in the stadium.

In City's case, they have seen what other teams like Real Madrid have done instead of spending billions on the stadium they have built the COOP Live arena.

They are developing the North Stand but it has a couple of issues that fans are allowed to speak about.

The club wants people to stay longer after games but you need to give them a reason to do that

The concourse etc needs to be upgraded in Etihad doing this has two benefits, it makes fans spend more money and also helps the transport issue the new Spurs Stadium has shown us how to do that.

The whole Collar Site needs to become a DESTINATION and this person on SSC some it up

1709289115325.png

I really don't see why you are so angry. You made a point that someone not liking the look of the hotel was slagging off the best owners in the world. Because they are paying for it. I am arguing that it is irrelevant to whether people like it or not. Ok I was a bit sarcastic about it, but you of all people dish it out plenty and thought you would take it fine with no ill intent.

If you think it is relevant just say so, without the agression. Or don't both are fine.
You were the one who butted in, why ? All I said is we have the best owners in the world, my point is we always have people dissing everything we do, it's embarrassing, like I said put me on ignore if you don't like my views.

Sorry, what I am trying to say is for the club to make extra money they need to create a DESTINATION and whilst I am not a Spurs fan what they have done that with their stadium is the way forward regarding the future of stadiums in the UK.

They are trying to make the stadium a place to go seven days a week instead of just match days which in return provides income so why do they have a skywalk and F1 drive?

Inside the stadium, they have an in-house brewery, goalline bars, quick-serving drinks, a market featuring different street food, and a proper home end in the stadium.

In City's case, they have seen what other teams like Real Madrid have done instead of spending billions on the stadium they have built the COOP Live arena.

They are developing the North Stand but it has a couple of issues that fans are allowed to speak about.

The club wants people to stay longer after games but you need to give them a reason to do that

The concourse etc needs to be upgraded in Etihad doing this has two benefits, it makes fans spend more money and also helps the transport issue the new Spurs Stadium has shown us how to do that.

The whole Collar Site needs to become a DESTINATION and this person on SSC some it up

View attachment 108672

I think you're missing the entire point of the new development to be honest.

It's the beginnings of a new destination which will be made up of City Square, the Etihad and the arena. This combination is levels above what Spurs have in place and will bring in far more visitors on non-stadium use days.

The new City Square (with restaurants & bars) will be open every single night for guests of the arena and those working in the area meaning it will attract thousands and thousands of individuals on a weekly basis. The development also includes a hotel and offices ensuring hundreds of people on site throughout the day as well. That's before we even go into the area's own bars and club which will be available for visitors to the campus.

You're so wrapped up in other clubs and being negative that you're actually overlooking that our offering is actually going to be better, and that's before the other buildings start going up in the years to come.

Bluemoon Rising.

You were the one who butted in, why ? All I said is we have the best owners in the world, my point is we always have people dissing everything we do, it's embarrassing, like I said put me on ignore if you don't like my views.

It is an open forum mate, people contribute all sorts, from disagreeing to dismissive flipant comments like many of your own man. I don't need or want to put you on ignore ffs, I have zero issue with you or your comments. Sometimes I agree, others I don't, it is nothing personal nor does it have to be black or white.

I've read it back and I see nothing wrong with my exchange, you don't like it, ok noted. I don't think jrb's or others' similar opinion is embarrassing, and that's that.

Genuine question though, do you like the hotel? Not picking here, I just don't remember you ever really saying, beyond being aggressive towards posters that don't, but that's not to say I would presume you do. If you do, great. Not everyone does. Fine too.

View attachment 108672
I agree Spurs stadium is very impressive, though as for quick serving drinks, it took me the whole of halftime to get a pint at our recent FA Cup game.

View attachment 108672
Spurs are now just part of a franchise not a football club.

View attachment 108672
The in-out playing surface is a game changer for NFL games, concerts, etc…but the NFL wants London, so that aspect of the ground is meaningless to City.

My concern with the ground is that the stadium is starting to look a bit cobbled together…like Maine Road was, but not nearly as bad!

The stadium roof, while expensive to change, would be much better if it was uniform.

Their money, their choice, but aesthetically, it’s starting to look a little hodge podge. I’m a sucker for symmetry, so maybe it’s just an “eye of the beholder” issue for me?!

Last edited:
It is an open forum mate, people contribute all sorts, from disagreeing to dismissive flipant comments like many of your own man. I don't need or want to put you on ignore ffs, I have zero issue with you or your comments. Sometimes I agree, others I don't, it is nothing personal nor does it have to be black or white.

I've read it back and I see nothing wrong with my exchange, you don't like it, ok noted. I don't think jrb's or others' similar opinion is embarrassing, and that's that.

Genuine question though, do you like the hotel? Not picking here, I just don't remember you ever really saying, beyond being aggressive towards posters that don't, but that's not to say I would presume you do. If you do, great. Not everyone does. Fine too.
Until we see it in the flesh no one can say they like it or not. What I do know it will be the biggest hotel in Manchester and this, the new North Stand, City Square, The Arena are all game changers for Manchester City Football Club and that's all down to the owners.

View attachment 108672

Spurs built a brand new stadium where they ensured it was multi-use and flexible. It can host a wide range of events and they'll make a fortune from it. Our stadium hasn't got the same ability to be as flexible to other sports, but we do have wider land holdings to utilise instead. At the moment we're looking at a 60,000 capacity stadium with a hotel and the COOP arena. Beyond that who knows what else will be delivered. You can look at what Spurs have done and said "wow" what a great use of space, but we don't need an underground go-kart track. We can build something much bigger and better on the additional land when the time is right. You'd rather have the extra land than packing it all into one place. We're in a far better place to bring in the footfall than Spurs are, with everything restricted to one place. The wider collar site plans will hopefully complete the puzzle and create a fantastic year round destination.

Design-wise our stadium leaves a lot to be desired. It could do with some general TLC and a wrap would be incredible. I still hold out hope that one day the side stands will get done and this will be a feature of it. But ultimately, its style over substance. It's a cracking football stadium and will continue to be. It might not have that same "wow" factor, but that doesn't really matter. The hotel doesn't look great, but it will do what it needs to. I don't like the fact the stadium will have "bolt on" additions because architecturally I'd prefer it to be a stand out building. But it's probably the most efficient use of the land to feed into the arena and wider proposals when they come forwards and I'm sure the club looked at alternatives and this was the best. Again, on the ground, once constructed I'm sure it will work and look a lot better. In time we'll all get used to it, and really my focus is on the NS delivering the atmosphere we want.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.