North Stand Construction Discussion

It is a little bit more than just a functional hotel, don't think that is entirely fair to it.
I mean as a building, it's not a stunning structure but it's not intended to be, but as said I hope its not a gray concrete exterior on the whole, there is far too much of that around already.

It feels a bit premature to write whole parts of the development off based on some primitive CGI - personally I’d wait until the development is finished before making such sweeping and negative statements. The club is investing significant sums and seeking to deliver pretty much what we all said we wanted but, still can’t do the right thing in some people’s opinion. Perhaps we should recreate the Platt Lane monstrosity instead at the North end of the Etihad - then we could all moan together.

Yeah, people blowing their load too early.

You can only really judge something like this at ground level. You have to image it will all look and feel immense on a match day when City Square is full, the big screens are operational and there are people hanging out on the balconies.

I’d hold off until then before declaring it as looking that bad.

It wasn't jrb who raised it again, it was the Spurs/Dortmund/England fan boring everyone to death.
It is the north stand expansion thread though, is it not? Opinions will naturally re-circulate here for the next few years.

I find the posts telling people what to talk about or not talk about (other than for those that derails the thread for a longer period) far more annoying than people just saying what they think. Regardless of whether I agree or disagree with them.

I mean as a building, it's not a stunning structure but it's not intended to be, but as said I hope its not a gray concrete exterior on the whole, there is far too much of that around already.

It certainly won't be gray concrete. It will be shades of grey.

I haven't seen any posts Queationing the structure of it or its shape myself, more the appearence of the outsides.

I am more or less in the 'I don't really like it' camp for what I have seen so far, although as I have said before, I reserve judgement till at the very least the sample bay is up in a month or so.

Out of interest, what are your top 3 or 5 new build hotels in Manchester opened in the last 5 or so years? Purely for a baseline and comparison etc. The question is open to all.

It feels a bit premature to write whole parts of the development off based on some primitive CGI - personally I’d wait until the development is finished before making such sweeping and negative statements. The club is investing significant sums and seeking to deliver pretty much what we all said we wanted but, still can’t do the right thing in some people’s opinion. Perhaps we should recreate the Platt Lane monstrosity instead at the North end of the Etihad - then we could all moan together.
BlueMOAN, they are pathetic...

Agree on the sentiment about some of it being premature. Wouldn't say the CGIs are That primitive though, at least not the main ones, but doesn't really change your point.

You do know the owners will get plenty of income from this development though, and that hotel and the other facilities, right? I.e they are not just investing for our sake with nothing out of it. Having opinions on how things look doesn't make people 'ungrateful'. It is quite normal and pretty common. Being a bit mighty about it though, (not you, to be clear) is a bit low as well.

Jesus, I’ve never seen such shite CGI’s.

They usually show blue skies and making us wear shorts n T-shirts in them but not on this occasion.

Must have been drawn by a rag/dipper.

There are two sets of CGIs. Some of the recently re-posted ones are from the VIA which serves a quite different purpose, and they are not as 'polished' as the main marketing ones. Either way, nmc's point above stands, the reality will be in the built thing.

It certainly won't be gray concrete. It will be shades of grey.

I haven't seen any posts Queationing the structure of it or its shape myself, more the appearence of the outsides.

I am more or less in the 'I don't really like it' camp for what I have seen so far, although as I have said before, I reserve judgement till at the very least the sample bay is up in a month or so.

Out of interest, what are your top 3 or 5 new build hotels in Manchester opened in the last 5 or so years? Purely for a baseline and comparison etc. The question is open to all.
Gary Nevilles

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.