North Stand Construction Discussion

Liverpool are actually completely dismantling their current Anfield Road 2nd tier at the end of the construction process, so the tier will be completely brand new and not joined up with the old one. You can see it here:

Some will stay,some will relocate.
Those in the ESL1 singing section will have to move to one of the ends IF the club reposition the away fans and bend em round the corner.
If all this happens (and there doesn't seem to be any fundamental reason it shouldn't...WHERE THERE'S A WILL, THERE'S A WAY... ) two home ends will be created, which could create fantastic noise.

This is probably the last chance for the club and fans to completely fix all the atmosphere, safety and fan relationship issues that have built up over the years.

I sincerely hope that the club spend as much time on the detail planning of this as they do on the rest of the campus development because, for the fans,it's unquestionably the most important.
Ahhhh so you are now suggesting Seasoncard holders get kicked out of ESL1 - as well as those those you want kicked out of NS L1 and NS L2 !!

Genius

Is the plan to upset as many supporters as possible in order to relocate a few hundred ‘singers’ to a new North Stand.

These suggestions are starting to get mental. There will be a new stand built with 7000-9000 seats in it. That is sufficient seats for 10 x the amount that will want to relocate.

Ahhhh so you are now suggesting Seasoncard holders get kicked out of ESL1 - as well as those those you want kicked out of NS L1 and NS L2 !!

Genius

Is the plan to upset as many supporters as possible in order to relocate a few hundred ‘singers’ to a new North Stand.

These suggestions are starting to get mental. There will be a new stand built with 7000-9000 seats in it. That is sufficient seats for 10 x the amount that will want to relocate.

It's not a few hundred singers, it's 1000's of fans in a new home end, which could be a larger 2nd tier? We won't know until the plans are revealed by the club. Unless City can cater for everyone currently sat in the NS and add another 6000-8000 City fans, there will have to be changes in the seating arrangements and possible relocations.

As an old fart I’m disgusted that the club is bending over backwards to accommodate all these young ‘Johnny come lately’ fans…. Sod the North Stand… the club needs get its priorities right…. I demand heated seats, complimentary blankets and free refills for my thermos in the Colin Bell stand…. And whilst they are at it, opera glasses wouldn’t go a miss because my eyesight is failing. As for a singing section…. Please god no… I love the silence … my afternoon nap would be greatly disrupted. I thought those chaps born in 1894 would have more decorum and affinity with us ‘proper’ fans.

Last edited:
I’m sure many of you fellow FOCs remember the singing part of the old Kippax stand. If you’re too young to remember, facing the pitch, it was in the top left corner of the stand, right next to the set of railings between the home and away fans, and above the tunnel, shown in the picture.

It’s hard to try and even guess the amount of singers in that corner, but it must have been in the 1000’s. Once the chants got going they would spread across the rest of the Kippax with 1000’s of other City fans joining in with the chants. And because the roof was low and cathedral shaped internally, the noise and atmosphere would carry and spill out across Maine Road.

The highlight chants for me were, Here we go, Let’s all have a disco, and we’re City, we’re barmy, we’re off our f*cking heads. When those 3 chants got going everyone would be piling into each other, you’d be carried up, down and along the Kippax by the sheer number of people moving in different directions, and more often than not you’d end up in another part of the singing section, and you’d have to make your way back to where you were originally stood, if you could get back there, as everyone was so close together . Magaical times. :-) Sadly never to be involved in again.

View attachment 65766

Outside the back of the Kippax singing corner, the tunnel entrance, and next to the stairs, left, leading to the away end. Before the hill was paved it used to be grass with a concrete and stone top. I used sit up there before the match and at half-time watching and enjoying all the chants, banter and swearing that took place between City fans and the away fans either side of the metal railings.

View attachment 65767

Click on the link below for a great read and some fascinating old pictures of the Kippax.

‘The North End was a similarly obvious name for the terrace to its left’

Being pedantic but standing on the Kippax the North Stand was to the right?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.