North Stand Construction Discussion

The coach park would remain the same. Fencing outside the SS would have to be moved. Fencing outside 111-109 would have to be put in. The metal barriers that separate the home and away fans on the concourses would have to be moved. It's all doable.

Danny Wilson reads this thread. So the rumour goes.
I heard that from the horses mouth

Reactions: jrb
325080813_5843630072390883_2586127624345296940_n.jpg

323100757_8538921579483323_9070124385355776071_n.jpg

Here are pictures of Everton South Stand which is a copy of Spurs South Stand, if you are trying to create the same kind of stand which is two tiers, then you have to do a specific steepness so it helps the sound etc

The Everton South stand features safe standing at the bottom with seats at the top and also a goal line bar inside

Let's get it right. Everybody will not just up and off to the North Stand, even if it's built like this. People have all sorts of reasons for sitting where they sit. I've become fond of the South Stand — even if it's inconvenient for the tram, which I therefore don't bother with most of the time, and wouldn't move.
But it would be enough to have a critical mass of several thousand singing supporters there. And why should the stadium not have two singing sections? There are stadia where that exists. Imagine the North Stand serenading the South Stand after yet another Erling Haaland hat trick — and vice versa. What an atmosphere that would be…

My 2p’s worth, definitely agree with those saying it’s better to have the larger second tier with the bigger percentage of the new singing group.

edit…and I should say I’m an example of someone over 50 with a 21 year old son who will definitely be trying to move to the new stand based on it being the place for better atmosphere.

Let's get it right. Everybody will not just up and off to the North Stand, even if it's built like this. People have all sorts of reasons for sitting where they sit. I've become fond of the South Stand — even if it's inconvenient for the tram, which I therefore don't bother with most of the time, and wouldn't move.
But it would be enough to have a critical mass of several thousand singing supporters there. And why should the stadium not have two singing sections? There are stadia where that exists. Imagine the North Stand serenading the South Stand after yet another Erling Haaland hat trick — and vice versa. What an atmosphere that would be…
Correct. I’m at the back of in 115 and sing.
I’m next to the away fans, the bar has just been refurbished and it takes me a couple of minutes to get from the turnstiles to the Townley
I will be staying put.
If them “Northstanders” have got a problem with that…..they can swivvle - where were they when we were shit?

I’m next to the away fans, the bar has just been refurbished and it takes me a couple of minutes to get from the turnstiles to the Townley
I will be staying put.
If them “Northstanders” have got a problem with that…..they can swivvle - where were they when we were shit?
A lot will stay put for the same reasons. Close to away fans which is probably why a lot chose SS1/corner in the first place and a quick getaway after (or often before) the whistle, although I sat in 231 the other day which is close to the North Stand and I think it’s quicker from there to be honest. I’m sure enough will move to achieve the desired outcome though.

Not sure how they will fit the proposed hotel in if they make it two tier as I am sure the hotel will also be a corporate opportunity to replace the boxes at that end.

I will be staying put.

Fair enough, but I think the appeal of a proper home end will mean lots of people moving.

8,000 fans all stood up in one large singing end vs a few blocks in the south stand they can’t even hear each other..

Well said Trevor. It is great to hear the club is listening. I’m also of a mind that this the NS expansion is a once in a generation opportunity. Not just an opportunity to make a better noise, it’s also got to be a generational opportunity to improve accessibility to the club by providing more STs at a manageable price. If we improve accessibility to the club to younger and local fans that is bound to help increase the noise as the vibe catches amongst fans who are excited to be there. I’ve heard it said that the average age of our ST holders is 55. By the time the new NS stand is finished that will be closer to 60.

The challenge of creating a better atmosphere can’t all be placed on the shoulders of older Blues. Those born after the takeover have to step up and learn how it’s done in good numbers, and they won’t do that if they are shut out of the ground. We can’t just shift around the same vocal fans, we have to get new vocal fans in and keep them.

The club is doing great work to make kids feel like they are part of a CLUB. But the fact that the NS isn’t packed full of families - its pretty much the same mix you’d find anywhere in the ground with just a few more kids and slightly less effing and jeffing - tells us City has to do more to get parents, kids and teens into the ground.
City's contribution to a 5 year old child is to charge them £32 for a league match

A lot will stay put for the same reasons. Close to away fans which is probably why a lot chose SS1/corner in the first place and a quick getaway after (or often before) the whistle, although I sat in 231 the other day which is close to the North Stand and I think it’s quicker from there to be honest. I’m sure enough will move to achieve the desired outcome though.

Not sure how they will fit the proposed hotel in if they make it two tier as I am sure the hotel will also be a corporate opportunity to replace the boxes at that end.
Don’t think the hotel is part of the stand, thought it was just coming off the corner of it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.