North Stand Construction Discussion

The same old shit keeps on getting re-posted on here.

It’s quite simple…the new stand doesn’t get built without corporate sections. You may not like it but without them the stand doesn’t get built.

The second point is how many fans want to relocate. If that number is less than 3000 then you can forget any ideas of atmospheric blue walls as the remaining tickets will be filled by tourists and new fans. First course of action should be to find out how many would want to relocate. If the numbers are low then any other ideas are still born.

The only time we have a decent atmosphere is when all 4 sides join in. A new stand with part singers part tourists ain’t gonna make a huge difference.

Hopefully the pricing entices people to make the move. If they get it right and market it as a new City home end then it should be full of singers. Configuration can make a big difference to atmosphere. Depending on the game, everyone in the ground will sing. But plenty aren't comfortable to do so when they're sat in an otherwise silent section. It shouldn't be too difficult to get 9,000 blues in the NS to sing and generate an atmosphere and with the acoustics of that stand the noise should spiral around the ground and make it easier for others to join in.

The current situation is a major issue in that we have groups of singers in different locations, unable to hear one another. SSL3 under the roof gets noise going. You can hear that section most if you sit elsewhere in the ground (although it depends where, in the majority of places I'd say). SSL1 has singing sections, but the noise doesn't travel as well because it doesn't have the roof to bounce the sound off. Just makes it all disjointed.

But if pricing is cheap, you could take a large chunk of people from those sections into the NS and it will make a racket. You'll have some who want to give the away fans some, but rather than cheerleading the atmosphere, they'll be joining in with the NS like the rest of the ground.

Sound levels for big games will rise naturally with an extra 9,000 people in the ground. But they'll also improve with singers being located under a roof, where the sound is contained rather than just dispersed into the air. That's going to make a big difference. We've all been to away grounds where you get a large number together under the roof and it's always much louder than in other grounds where you're spread over a couple of tiers or in the lower tier. It shouldn't be downplayed how much impact that will make.

Hopefully the pricing entices people to make the move. If they get it right and market it as a new City home end then it should be full of singers. Configuration can make a big difference to atmosphere. Depending on the game, everyone in the ground will sing. But plenty aren't comfortable to do so when they're sat in an otherwise silent section. It shouldn't be too difficult to get 9,000 blues in the NS to sing and generate an atmosphere and with the acoustics of that stand the noise should spiral around the ground and make it easier for others to join in.

The current situation is a major issue in that we have groups of singers in different locations, unable to hear one another. SSL3 under the roof gets noise going. You can hear that section most if you sit elsewhere in the ground (although it depends where, in the majority of places I'd say). SSL1 has singing sections, but the noise doesn't travel as well because it doesn't have the roof to bounce the sound off. Just makes it all disjointed.

But if pricing is cheap, you could take a large chunk of people from those sections into the NS and it will make a racket. You'll have some who want to give the away fans some, but rather than cheerleading the atmosphere, they'll be joining in with the NS like the rest of the ground.

Sound levels for big games will rise naturally with an extra 9,000 people in the ground. But they'll also improve with singers being located under a roof, where the sound is contained rather than just dispersed into the air. That's going to make a big difference. We've all been to away grounds where you get a large number together under the roof and it's always much louder than in other grounds where you're spread over a couple of tiers or in the lower tier. It shouldn't be downplayed how much impact that will make.
....which is why, as part of the reorganisation of the ground, away fans should be relocated & wrapped round the corner of L1 ES & NS.

It 'splits' them, positions them in the most 'open' location,reduces safety issues(throwing), maintains segregation/security and coach park logistics.

It can be done, should be done and will set the stadium up for the best arr
I honestly don't think there is much I could contribute. But if that changes, of course.

Fair play to you and the best of luck with it.

Perhaps less of the dismissive jibes on this thread, in the meantime.
Agent Provocateur.

....which is why, as part of the reorganisation of the ground, away fans should be relocated & wrapped round the corner of L1 ES & NS.

It 'splits' them, positions them in the most 'open' location,reduces safety issues(throwing), maintains segregation/security and coach park logistics.

It can be done, should be done and will set the stadium up for the best arr

Agent Provocateur.

I've always been in favour of that idea.

The issue is managing that relocation. That's a lot of people having to move. And when you're trying to get people to form a home end in the NS (which is what I hope the intention is) then having more availability in the SS doesn't necessarily help. But in the long term it would improve the atmosphere because you'd have all of SSL3 for City fans and the whole of the NS too. So big groups at both ends under the roof to generate atmosphere.

Not sure how it would work for additional allocations in the cup though.

I've always been in favour of that idea.

The issue is managing that relocation. That's a lot of people having to move. And when you're trying to get people to form a home end in the NS (which is what I hope the intention is) then having more availability in the SS doesn't necessarily help. But in the long term it would improve the atmosphere because you'd have all of SSL3 for City fans and the whole of the NS too. So big groups at both ends under the roof to generate atmosphere.

Not sure how it would work for additional allocations in the cup though.
Understood.

If it were possible,it would be great to achieve all the relocations in one in move.

If however, for what ever reasons, this was not possible it could be programmed over 2 seasons.

Pep has spoken regularly about the necessity for a better atmosphere, Khaldoon has spoken about a ‘Blue Wall’ home end, all the quotable fans groups want an ‘exclusive home singing end’.

I really hope that the executives who read BM take on board this/these opportunities and circulate our views to Pep & the Chairman.

A once in a generation chance to give the team and fans what we’ve always wanted and needed.

You guys do know that when Pep speaks of wanting better atmosphere, he is talking about current games, fans pushing the team when complacency sets in, when routine nights are lacking an edge etc etc, right?

He is not actually talking about future new stands and padding of seats and design of the roof.

Understood.

If it were possible,it would be great to achieve all the relocations in one in move.

If however, for what ever reasons, this was not possible it could be programmed over 2 seasons.

Pep has spoken regularly about the necessity for a better atmosphere, Khaldoon has spoken about a ‘Blue Wall’ home end, all the quotable fans groups want an ‘exclusive home singing end’.

I really hope that the executives who read BM take on board this/these opportunities and circulate our views to Pep & the Chairman.

A once in a generation chance to give the team and fans what we’ve always wanted and needed.
We had a blue wall on the old Kippax. (Ok only when we were not shite!) Subsequent all seating rules killed it for many clubs. We can bring it back with the right configuration and prices that younger fans can meet. I can’t say I have too much expectation of decent pricing.

You guys do know that when Pep speaks of wanting better atmosphere, he is talking about current games, fans pushing the team when complacency sets in, when routine nights are lacking an edge etc etc, right?

He is not actually talking about future new stands and padding of seats and design of the roof.

Exactly! I posted earlier its about when things arent going great during the game he needs the fans to be more vocal and not as quiet?

Exactly! I posted earlier its about when things arent going great during the game he needs the fans to be more vocal and not as quiet?
Strange post.

Do you believe that Pep would like a more atmospheric stadium for ALL games ?

Is Khaldoon wrong about a 'Blue Wall'of singing home fans ?

Correct decisions now would provide both.

Strange post.

Do you believe that Pep would like a more atmospheric stadium for ALL games ?

Is Khaldoon wrong about a 'Blue Wall'of singing home fans ?

Correct decisions now would provide both.

Liverpool and United Atmospheric stadiums are only in big games just like City games at the Etihad
Myths about City having no fans and empty everyweek is just nonsense

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.