North Stand Construction Discussion

It has always been the “official” nickname, if that isn’t an oxymoron but it seems to work the exact opposite way of most nicknames.

They usually come about purely through common usage and then get adopted as official.

With City it seems like we’ve always been told that’s our nickname for some reason but nobody actually ever uses it as such.

I honestly don’t think I have ever heard a single person shout…. Come on you Citizens.
This sums it up perfectly for me.

I’ve been going regularly since I was about 6, from a big family of blues. The first time I heard the word “Citizens” in relation to City was on a pub quiz machine when I was about 19, and I thought the quiz machine was broke because I’d literally never heard of it before.

And “Cityzens” is a fucking abomination. Both as a name, and of the English language.

Personally I would prefer a nod to the industry that once stood on the site, an area that is slowly disappearing from memory. Something like Colliery End or Bradford Road End. I’m not much of a fan of naming stands after players or managers, and Centurions is just going to get people thinking it’s about Romans.

View attachment 75185
Forge Lane End?

Centurions End is a bit risque! , also seems like an idea from 'marketing' aguero stand would be good , but what about the great moments to come at that end

I would say The Kippax as a nod to our previous existence pre sheikhy boss man

Centurions End is a bit risque! , also seems like an idea from 'marketing' aguero stand would be good , but what about the great moments to come at that end

Aguero was seismic globally. Think it deserves it personally.

Risqué indeed ….Biggus Dickus and all that

We should call it the Arena End after the Arena behind it., and then we can call the other end the Maine Road End.... After the Maine Road Chippy behind it!_methode_times_prod_web_bin_eb98ea66-b0ce-11ea-86d3-bc5eef90654f.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.