North Stand Development: Have your say

£60 to watch City is cheap, look at the price of concert tickets now...I'm not saying its right but thats how it's gone.
To be fair I don’t think you can compare a concert to a football match. Most people do not go to concerts every other week (there aren’t that many gigs in town). For most people a concert is a treat or you go a few times a year.

I went to see Liam Gallagher the other week. That was 3 hours, you could drink in the venue as well. I’d say it’s better value for money than going to the football/ you’d think a 90 minute match would be cheaper

To be fair I don’t think you can compare a concert to a football match. Most people do not go to concerts every other week (there aren’t that many gigs in town). For most people a concert is a treat or you go a few times a year.

I went to see Liam Gallagher the other week. That was 3 hours, you could drink in the venue as well. I’d say it’s better value for money than going to the football/ you’d think a 90 minute match would be cheaper
What price was Liam ?

I will definitely share the results over the coming days.

Thanks again to everyone who got involved!

I'd be more interested in what the club have to say myself, depending on how much you can say if that's the case again. Good luck either way and kuos on the effort.

£54-ish my tickets.

Prices are out of hand. The Premier League is far more expensive than the top flights of most European leagues. The only difference being category A games and Champions League games that throw up price rises. Clubs have always cashed in on bigger games.
£54 ?

Piss take ? £60 to see arguably the best team in the world ??
Well it is in relation to people who are paid the minimum wage or slightly above minimum wage like many working in minor roles in the NHS for example, if you have a kids they can be added to the equation as well, lets say, thousands of people are priced out in this region, the club do not have any real understanding of the local working class fan base, we used to mock that lot across town but we have become them chasing the tourist money.

Well it is in relation to people who are paid the minimum wage or slightly above minimum wage like many working in minor roles in the NHS for example, if you have a kids they can be added to the equation as well, lets say, thousands of people are priced out in this region, the club do not have any real understanding of the local working class fan base, we used to mock that lot across town but we have become them chasing the tourist money.
If you can't afford it you don't go, that's life mate, always has been always will be.

If you can't afford it you don't go, that's life mate, always has been always will be.

You’ve not answered. How would you feel if tickets were £200 a game?

People who push against prices will always pay a cheaper price than those that embrace them. Personally, I’d rather pay less but that’s just me.

It’s why we have capped away ticket prices, because people fought against price increases.

The more expensive ticket prices get the more the demographic will change and the worst the atmosphere will get. There will be less locals and more tourists. Personally I’d rather more locals but again, maybe that’s just me.

Young people also have less money than ever. I’d rather not price out future support… maybe it’s just me.

“I’m alright Jack”

Last edited:
You’ve not answered. How would you feel if tickets were £200 a game?

People who push against prices will always pay a cheaper price than those that embrace them. Personally, I’d rather pay less but that’s just me.

It’s why we have capped away ticket prices, because people fought against price increases.

The more expensive ticket prices get the more the demographic will change and the worst the atmosphere will get. There will be less locals and more tourists. Personally I’d rather more locals but again, maybe that’s just me.

Young people also have less money than ever. I’d rather not price out future support… maybe it’s just me.

“I’m alright Jack”
It's nothing to do with 'I'm all right Jack' of course everyone wants cheaper tickets, but it's not happening especially with ffp, £200 tickets ? Well I would decide if I wanted to pay it or not, like I've always done wether it's football, concert, holiday etc

It's nothing to do with 'I'm all right Jack' of course everyone wants cheaper tickets, but it's not happening especially with ffp, £200 tickets ? Well I would decide if I wanted to pay it or not, like I've always done wether it's football, concert, holiday etc

We got cheaper away tickets because people campaigned for them. The reason home tickets aren’t even more expensive is because of the negative reaction they would get from many people. If you want to pay more you should tell the club and make a donation to them.

Personally I have no problem affording it but I like to look out for others. I also know the atmosphere will be negatively impacted by more price rises and that young people (the future of the club) will be priced out.

Appreciate some people only think about themselves though and not the bigger picture though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.