North Stand Expansion | Configuration plans revealed by club (p 1285)

Nice to have some further information out on the stand even if it is only half of the story. No mention of the amount of season tickets available or the amount of seats in the younger area (or the location). Also, no mention of location of rail seating (no chance they will be near front of stand or the middle imo).

I find it strange that the youth seats are 21 or younger, I thought it would have made more sense for it to match the away ballot with 25 cap. Under the age of 25 you would have really struggled to get to regular home games unless fortunate enough to have started going under the age of 18 with a parent etc. No fault of their own with having to fight it out with matchday sales as no new season tickets for the large part.

What about it stops it working as a 'proper' home end? Genuinely.

They just turned close to 50% of the stand to rail seating, where there was none before, with the option of more left very open. And your conclusion is they are blowing it? I honestly am trying to get it.

There will be further announcements btw, they state that as well.

Tbf Coatigan, people did predict this set up (including myself) and you downplayed it saying it wouldn’t happen because it wouldn’t line up with what the club has said about atmosphere and the idea of a large 2nd tier in general.

Now that it’s happened, as we predicted, you’re keeping the same narrative when really you should be saying we were right.

Obviously it’s not the end of the world and it’s going to be a great stand but this isn’t going to be an iconic blue wall like many wanted. I think we have to be open and honest and accept that now. I don’t really see it coming close to what the south stand offers (7k safe standing, away fans, tier 3 cheaper seats etc) in terms of set up and atmosphere - how could it?

As a construction fan though I’m sure we’ll both enjoy seeing it go up and how good it will look when full!

Nice to have some further information out on the stand even if it is only half of the story. No mention of the amount of season tickets available or the amount of seats in the younger area (or the location). Also, no mention of location of rail seating (no chance they will be near front of stand or the middle imo).

I find it strange that the youth seats are 21 or younger, I thought it would have made more sense for it to match the away ballot with 25 cap. Under the age of 25 you would have really struggled to get to regular home games unless fortunate enough to have started going under the age of 18 with a parent etc. No fault of their own with having to fight it out with matchday sales as no new season tickets for the large part.
Least they'll all get a 'How to be a proper fan and singing lesson's' early doors from the middle section. lol

Tbf Coatigan, people did predict this set up (including myself) and you downplayed it saying it wouldn’t happen because it wouldn’t line up with what the club has said about atmosphere and the idea of a large 2nd tier in general.

Now that it’s happened, as we predicted, you’re keeping the same narrative when really you should be saying we were right.

Obviously it’s not the end of the world and it’s going to be a great stand but this isn’t going to be an iconic blue wall like many wanted. I think we have to be open and honest and accept that now. I don’t really see it coming close to what the south stand offers (7k safe standing, away fans, tier 3 cheaper seats etc) in terms of set up and atmosphere - how could it?

As a construction fan though I’m sure we’ll both enjoy seeing it go up and how good it will look when full!
Unless we can get some healthy competition between the stands going. Bit like the old we are the Main Stand, we are the North Stand to and fro back when God was a boy.

Just 3k rail seats. That’s only the size of a typical away end despite the expansion alone being like 7k seats before you add in how much the original 2nd tier holds as well.

It’s now clear that the dream of this being a City end is dead. It’s just another standard area of the ground now. It certainly begs the question of why they didn’t just build another 3rd tier like with the south stand build. Instead we’re left with this huge Kop-like structure that’s going to be full of day trippers and tourists.

Really hope the fan groups release statements on this disappointment.
A very negative response to a very positive move by City.

Sorry, I disagree with all of that.

For a start, the predictions were a lot worse than the proposals, even as they were then, suggested. Now they have been improved by changing nearly half the seating to standing. That's a pretty big change, some argued would never happen, if you remember. I actually argued that the design and spacing allows for it to happen at any stage, when people claimed they wouldn't be building and getting approvals and costs for it only to change it. And now they are, and have left the door open to changing it some more, with a whole year yet to go.

So of course I am keeping the seame narrative. There is potential there that people are failing to see, their views on the stand are too prescriptive, and the club is not inflexible. That was 'my narrative' and this only reinforces that.

You are still not saying what it is that makes this 'fail' as a stand. Just saying it is not the blue wall which is I assume a bit like the yellow wall, isn't really a point of any kind. Btw, I think it Will be a version of a 'blue wall', up to the fans that occupy it.

There has been nothing said on the allocation yet, the sales, prices or proportions of season tickets. So I'm not sure how anyone can claim their predictions of a tourist end have been fulfilled.

The only prediction that looks like it will come true, is that the GA+ won't move or change. I didn't think it would myself (that's not saying it can't), but I never saw an issue with it either.

A very negative response to a very positive move by City.

Some of us just really wanted that kop/yellow wall like stand. Something we’ve not had since the old Kippax days.

I’ve said in other posts it’s still a great development and will look good and offer great facilities.

Just not quite the configuration I expected based on survey results and feedback from fan group discussions.

As someone who is unlikely to enjoy the new facilities, this all seems very promising. I hope some of the moaners on here recall the facilities at Maine Road and realise the club is making progress, and if the prices put you off there is National League football nearby with tickets much far north of £20. I don’t think City will struggle to fill the additional seats, at least for 35 minutes in each half ;-)
What an idiotic post

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.