North Stand Expansion | Configuration plans revealed by club (p 1285)

What you guys are missing is that this was our very last chance to create a proper city end. Our very own Kop or yellow wall. These plans aren’t close to achieving that objective.

If people are fine with just a standard stand with a relatively little singing section at the back then fine but I think the vision for many involved with the fan groups was a blue wall which could become an iconic sight for the stadium.

The stand itself will look great and offer excellent facilities but ultimately it isn’t going to chance the atmosphere within the stadium which is what many others wanted.

I just wonder how Dortmund fans would react if they were told the yellow wall would only be 3k(ish) standing capacity in future. I’m not sure they’d be bigging it up like some on here.
Oh do fuck off with this 'Yellow Wall' nonsense.

I’m happy that there will be safe standing including. If we can get 4,000 fans all stood up that could make a big improvement to the atmosphere.

It’s not a proper home end, but it’s better than what we have now.

I’m happy that there will be safe standing including. If we can get 4,000 fans all stood up that could make a big improvement to the atmosphere.

It’s not a proper home end, but it’s better than what we have now.
Even if its only 4,000 singers to begin with, it'll grow as more and more people move their seeking atmosphere

Look at SS3, 1st season it was dead up there. Then bit by bit you see more and more singers moving up there, and now it's a decent little section.

I expect the North Stand to be like this but on a much larger scale

Why would they want to move to such a tiny area at the back of a huge new section which will mostly be populated by day trippers?
Because unless your bothered about the away fans it’s miles better then south stand level 1. More fans, stood under a roof and huge room to expand and grow a proper singing section.

Sorry, I disagree with all of that.

For a start, the predictions were a lot worse than the proposals, even as they were then, suggested. Now they have been improved by changing nearly half the seating to standing. That's a pretty big change, some argued would never happen, if you remember. I actually argued that the design and spacing allows for it to happen at any stage, when people claimed they wouldn't be building and getting approvals and costs for it only to change it. And now they are, and have left the door open to changing it some more, with a whole year yet to go.

So of course I am keeping the seame narrative. There is potential there that people are failing to see, their views on the stand are too prescriptive, and the club is not inflexible. That was 'my narrative' and this only reinforces that.

You are still not saying what it is that makes this 'fail' as a stand. Just saying it is not the blue wall which is I assume a bit like the yellow wall, isn't really a point of any kind. Btw, I think it Will be a version of a 'blue wall', up to the fans that occupy it.

There has been nothing said on the allocation yet, the sales, prices or proportions of season tickets. So I'm not sure how anyone can claim their predictions of a tourist end have been fulfilled.

The only prediction that looks like it will come true, is that the GA+ won't move or change. I didn't think it would myself (that's not saying it can't), but I never saw an issue with it either.

I don’t expect you to admit you were wrong.

Ultimately it’s still a great development and will look amazing. Huge positive that more fans will get to go to the bigger matches as well.

This isn’t going to be an atmospheric ‘home end’ though no matter what anyone says and there will be complaints about the atmosphere all next season and how the new stand didn’t fully take advantage of the opportunity it presented.

Just my take and can’t wait to see how awesome it looks when finished :)

Even if its only 4,000 singers to begin with, it'll grow as more and more people move their seeking atmosphere

Look at SS3, 1st season it was dead up there. Then bit by bit you see more and more singers moving up there, and now it's a decent little section.

I expect the North Stand to be like this but on a much larger scale
The big difference will be safe standing. If ss3 had safe standing it would be a lot louder.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.