North Stand Expansion | Configuration plans revealed by club (p 1285)

Im a seasoncard holder in NL2 - its a great seat with a wonderful view and I dont want to move; been sat there since 2004 with my son and daughter.

My fear reading all that is the front 15-20 rows of NL2 where I currently sit are primed for a huge price hike and access to the new hospitality area, with the 500 seat food hall and premium bar area located where the old hospitality boxes were. Being priced out of the area you sit in is something City have done many times to loyal fans, with level 2 of the East and West Stands, plus level 1 of the West with the expanded Tunnel Club. Im sceptical of whats coming and greatly fear being moved against my wishes or priced out altogether tbh.

Im too long in the tooth for Rail seating and standing up all through the game on level 1, and dont want to be a mile away from the pitch in the 3rd tier either or pushed back towards the top of the new North Stand 2nd tier as seems likely.
I would say it depends how central you are to the stand. If your seat is included I imagine they will do as they did with 93.20 etc and say you have a reduced rate for a year or two then have to pay increase or move.

When doing that they will always get a few that pack it in and once you have got out of the habit of going very hard to get back into it. Probably plays into citys hand that though.

The club have pretty much fed the fan groups back their same soundbites and cliches back to them.

'You wanted atmosphere, rail seating, more focus on youth, legacy, variety. Here you go, all of the above, on one announcement'.

It does state 'a minimum' of 3000 rail seats. With more to come if there is a demand. Which there likely will be.
I don't think the club could have done anymore.

What you guys are missing is that this was our very last chance to create a proper city end. Our very own Kop or yellow wall. These plans aren’t close to achieving that objective.

If people are fine with just a standard stand with a relatively little singing section at the back then fine but I think the vision for many involved with the fan groups was a blue wall which could become an iconic sight for the stadium.

The stand itself will look great and offer excellent facilities but ultimately it isn’t going to chance the atmosphere within the stadium which is what many others wanted.

I just wonder how Dortmund fans would react if they were told the yellow wall would only be 3k(ish) standing capacity in future. I’m not sure they’d be bigging it up like some on here.
So you really believe we have 7000 singers ready to head to the North Stand ? You're deluded mate...

What you guys are missing is that this was our very last chance to create a proper city end. Our very own Kop or yellow wall. These plans aren’t close to achieving that objective.

If people are fine with just a standard stand with a relatively little singing section at the back then fine but I think the vision for many involved with the fan groups was a blue wall which could become an iconic sight for the stadium.

The stand itself will look great and offer excellent facilities but ultimately it isn’t going to chance the atmosphere within the stadium which is what many others wanted.

I just wonder how Dortmund fans would react if they were told the yellow wall would only be 3k(ish) standing capacity in future. I’m not sure they’d be bigging it up like some on here.

What about it stops it working as a 'proper' home end? Genuinely.

They just turned close to 50% of the stand to rail seating, where there was none before, with the option of more left very open. And your conclusion is they are blowing it? I honestly am trying to get it.

There will be further announcements btw, they state that as well.

Your posts on construction and in general on this forum are utter bollocks tbf.

I’ve also spoke with an 1894 member about the survey results so have no idea how you can say it’s bollocks. I’ve also chatted with them directly about the move and they felt there was no point moving for a half measure from where they are now. Again, tell me how that’s bollocks when that’s coming straight from them.

Can’t wait to hear the response.
Exactly...no point moving!! Like i said apathy...how many in 1894, a few hundred if that but they want 7000 rail seats ? Come on get real.

What about it stops it working as a 'proper' home end? Genuinely.

They just turned close to 50% of the stand to rail seating, where there was none before, with the option of more left very open. And your conclusion is they are blowing it? I honestly am trying to get it.

There will be further announcements btw, they state that as well.
Absolutely, according to him its not enough ? Bizarre...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.