North Stand expansion - seating, ticketing etc

Apart from being in 1894, I’ve explained why I don’t want to move to NSL2. Please accept my explanation.

I don’t want to be stood at the back of NSL2 in front of hotel room balconies, and behind 5000 seated fans. If I wanted to do something similar I’d move to the back of SSL3, minus the hotel room balconies.

Pie in the sky I know. If I had the opportunity to stand at the front of NSL2 with 1000’s of other singers, do drop down banners, wave telescopic flags, showing our support to the team, the rest of the Etihad, and the away fans, and being part of a vocal bridge between NSL1 below and NSL2 from front to back, I would definitely consider moving to NSL2.
But the singing section SHOULD be at the back of the stand, thats where it will give the most noise out, i can't believe that guys like yourself and 1894 want a home end yet are blaming the club ? They have provided it to you on a plate, here's a spanking new stand, rail seats, fantastic acoustics yet you shrug your shoulders and go 'nah im staying where i am'
BIZZARE ?????

But the singing section SHOULD be at the back of the stand, thats where it will give the most noise out, i can't believe that guys like yourself and 1894 want a home end yet are blaming the club ? They have provided it to you on a plate, here's a spanking new stand, rail seats, fantastic acoustics yet you shrug your shoulders and go 'nah im staying where i am'
BIZZARE ?????

Why should it be at the back of the North stand? It’s being placed at the back of the North stand because the seats at the front and in the middle of the North stand will generate more match day revenue. It’s as simple that.

That aside, basic stuff like drop down banners, and waving telescopic flags, which 1894 do, either can’t be done or won’t be seen at the back of the North stand, hence why the club have their own tifo display mechanism at the front of NSL2, which will be used before the start of the game.

With or without 1894, NSL2 will generate an atmosphere. All it needs is a proper and organised singing section.

Last edited:
No but a poster was saying spurs have that home end now, yet the season tickets are £1000 ?
I posted the price list for match day tickets. And once again, as a rule, like everything in London, like the cost of living, ticket prices are higher. So is the average weekly wage in London. It’s all relative.

My season ticket is nearly £800 now on SSL1.

Why should it be at the back of the North stand? It’s being placed at the back of the North stand because the seats at the front and in the middle of the North stand will generate more match day revenue. It’s a simple that.

That aside, basic stuff like drop down banners, and waving telescopic flags, which 1894 do, either can’t be done or won’t be seen at the back of the stand, hence why the club have their own tifo display mechanism at the front of NSL2, which will be used before the start of the game.

With or without 1894, NSL2 will generate atmosphere. All it needs is a proper and organised singing section.
Why because you have the singers under the roof, you know thats the best place.
You just make excuse after excuse, if the Sheik read some of stuff on here...fucking hell, embarassing...

They aren’t. I posted the price list. And once again, as a rule, like everything in London, like the cost of living, ticket prices are higher. So is the average weekly wage in London. It’s all relative.
Yes but its a cash cow, like ours will be, you don't spend 300 million and give tickets away for £20, there has to be a compromise which is lost on a lot of people on here who want cheap tickets, oh and throw in a couple of free pints cos were loaded...

Yes but its a cash cow, like ours will be, you don't spend 300 million and give tickets away for £20, there has to be a compromise which is lost on a lot of people on here who want cheap tickets, oh and throw in a couple of free pints cos were loaded...
Stop being silly. Nobody has ever said City should sell PL match tickets for £20. And throw in free pints.

Sheikh Mansour will eventually get all his money back. If he doesn’t his sons will.

The club made an £80mill operating profit last financial year, and made over £100mill in transfer sales this year.

If Sheikh Mansour sold City and walked away tomorrow he’d make a profit on his investment in the club.

PS. Obviously the cost of the legal team fighting Masters and the PL will have an impact on future operating profits.

Last edited:
BIZZARE ?????
You’re looking at it too simplistically. What 1894 have said is that they don’t plan to move with the current proposals.

You’re trying to make the point that the club is giving us this perfect opportunity, but the reality is that it’s not perfect. They’re lumping hospitality sections in the key areas of the stand. They’re only putting 3k rail seats in stretched across the back and down the sides. They aren’t committing to a pricing policy. They aren’t adding new affordable season cards.

Atmosphere is not important to them.

It could easily be the perfect opportunity handed to us on a plate. But the priority is match day revenue (which is fair - but it’s not going to move me from SSL1).

There are sensible alternatives though (like increasing corporate/hospitality sections in CBL2 and ESL2 rather than putting them front and centre of NSL2).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.