North Stand expansion - seating, ticketing etc

It will be interesting to see how the club price all L2 seats and other seats around the ground when NSL2 is opened and fans from all over the ground relocate to NSL2.

Thought I’d ask ChatGPT about season tickets concepts, this is what it pushed out. Thought provoking for the owners and fans with the new stand:

As an owner of a football club, the concept of season tickets may seem traditional, but it remains highly relevant and beneficial for business in several ways. However, it is worth evaluating its potential drawbacks and considering how it fits into modern football economics.

Benefits of Season Tickets for a Club:
  1. Guaranteed Revenue: Season tickets provide a substantial, upfront source of revenue at the start of the season. This cash flow can be essential for planning budgets, funding transfers, or covering operational costs.
  2. Loyal Fanbase: Season ticket holders tend to be the most loyal supporters. They create a consistent, engaged fanbase, helping maintain a strong matchday atmosphere, which can enhance the team's performance and attract casual fans.
  3. Sponsorship Appeal: A full stadium, guaranteed by season ticket holders, is attractive to sponsors. Packed stands make for better visuals on broadcasts, which can raise a club's profile and appeal to advertisers.
  4. Fan Loyalty and Engagement: Season tickets foster a deeper connection with fans, as they feel more involved with the club, and are often rewarded with benefits such as early access to other matches, discounts, and exclusive merchandise.
  5. Stable Pricing Model: By selling season tickets in bulk, the club can avoid the volatility of individual match ticket sales, especially for games that may not sell out. This model ensures a baseline of sold seats, regardless of opponent or team performance.
Potential Drawbacks:
  1. Missed Revenue from Dynamic Pricing: Modern clubs can maximize revenue through dynamic ticket pricing, where tickets for high-demand matches are sold at a premium. Season tickets lock fans into a fixed price, potentially causing the club to miss out on this revenue spike for marquee games.
  2. Limiting New Fans: Season tickets can create a barrier for new or occasional fans who may struggle to get access to high-demand games. As a result, clubs can lose the opportunity to grow a broader fanbase and build relationships with more casual supporters.
  3. Lower Flexibility: Modern football is embracing digital and flexible ticketing options, allowing fans to choose matches based on their schedules. Season tickets lock fans into all home games, which may not appeal to fans who prefer more flexibility or who travel for away fixtures.
  4. Resale and Scalping Issues: Season tickets can be resold in secondary markets, sometimes for profit, which can dilute the fan experience. Clubs have less control over who fills the stands, which could impact fan atmosphere.
Modernising the Concept:
  • Flexible Memberships: Some clubs are evolving from traditional season tickets to flexible membership schemes, offering packages that guarantee access to a certain number of games but give more choice on which matches to attend.
  • Subscription Models: Some clubs have introduced subscription-based models where fans pay monthly fees for access to a rotating selection of games, merchandise discounts, or streaming services. This offers more adaptability while maintaining a steady income stream for the club.
Conclusion:

While the traditional season ticket model may feel dated in the digital era, it still serves as a solid business tool for clubs by ensuring consistent revenue and fan loyalty. Modernszing this concept with more flexible, tech-driven options may help clubs adapt to the evolving expectations of fans without losing the core benefits of this time-tested model.

Last edited:
I’ve never said the club have blown it. Neither have a lot of other people posting on this thread and on the the construction thread. Is there a difference of opinion about how the club has configured the North stand, yes there is, but there’s nothing wrong with that as the fans want different things for the North stand. It’s impossible for all the fans, even the fans who post on this thread and on the construction thread to all want the same thing for the North stand.
No but the post I responded to did. Have a look.

I’ve never said the club have blown it. Neither have a lot of other people posting on this thread and on the the construction thread. Is there a difference of opinion about how the club has configured the North stand, yes there is, but there’s nothing wrong with that as the fans want different things for the North stand. It’s impossible for all the fans, even the fans who post on this thread and on the construction thread to all want the same thing for the North stand.

And yes all good there too, people wanting or expecting different things.

What irritates me is that a few have been fixated with this complete distrust of the club from day one, and every single day since. And continue to only seem to look at the proposals through that prism. It is odd.

The club will certainly increase matchday revenue and not purely because there are 6,000 extra seats in the stadium
I would suggest that maybe the "limited" rail seating is because when the stand is completed, the plan is that they're going to raise the cost of tickets in 102 - 107 in the East Stand and 123 - 128 in the CB to incredible levels (similar to that on L2) and will give all the season card holders from these blocks first dibs on relocation
My OAP ticket has been hitherto funded by the,now scrapped,Winter Heating Payment.

Does anyone think that Ferran will take this into account ??

With or without 1894, NSL2 will generate an atmosphere. All it needs is a proper and organised singing section.

Agree, it is nowhere near as bad as it has been made out to be.

The singing should come. If not, some shoutong will, in reaction to what goes on on the pitch. 9.5k blues in one tier, another 3k below them. You'll see them, you'll hear them, singers or not. Imo.

For 75 minutes anyway, then they'll all fuck off ;)

You’re looking at it too simplistically. What 1894 have said is that they don’t plan to move with the current proposals.

You’re trying to make the point that the club is giving us this perfect opportunity, but the reality is that it’s not perfect. They’re lumping hospitality sections in the key areas of the stand. They’re only putting 3k rail seats in stretched across the back and down the sides. They aren’t committing to a pricing policy. They aren’t adding new affordable season cards.

Atmosphere is not important to them.

It could easily be the perfect opportunity handed to us on a plate. But the priority is match day revenue (which is fair - but it’s not going to move me from SSL1).

Was reading that and thinking, see now there is a reasonable take. Not one I fully agree with, but reasonable, and I get it.

Then it got to your 'atmosphere is not important to them line', and it all fell apart. Because the club have repeatedly said it is, based designs and the build around that, and continue to say it. Lying bastards, right!

You having an opinion of what you want to see in the stand is all great. Might even be right. You deciding the group won't move, all good too. Both hardly up for debate.

But the minute you throw that bit of innuendo conjecture in, it muddies your own point, and invites this type of reaction from me, and others btw. And becomes you vs the club.

How do you not see the optics of that, including in 1894's statements? I annoyed a few by saying it earlier, but I also genuinely can't understand that you guys can't consider that point openly.

To me you and the club have different takes on what makes an atmospheric end. That's all. But both want the same. On top of that, the club are balancing fanbase variety, financial sustainability, and longevity of the stand with that.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.