North Stand expansion - seating, ticketing etc

So what you are basically saying is the meetings with the club and the fan reps about the NS were a pointless PR exercise? I won't say a waste of time. Some feedback is better than no feedback.

The club were always going to make some concessions to the fans. The club knew what those concessions would and wouldn't be. Instead of the meetings, the secrecy, the NDA's etc, the club should have come and said this is what we're proposing, these are the concessions were making, and this is what we are taking forward and implementing for the new North stand.

Details about seating arrangements, season tickets, season ticket prices, match day ticket prices, etc, will follow in due course.(or words to that effect)

From the PA everyone could see what the club wanted the NS to be. The club were always going to include some concessions to the fans. 3000 safe standing seats being one of those concessions. There maybe season ticket and match day ticket concessions to follow? Maybe there won't be. We'll find out at some point in the future.
I think he was saying 1894s insistence on red lines and not compromising on those red lines hs made engagement and using 1894 in the plans for NS safe standing pointless.

I think he was saying 1894s insistence on red lines and not compromising on those red lines hs made engagement and using 1894 in the plans for NS safe standing pointless.

TBH it didn't matter how far 1894 or the CMRs pushed the club, the club were only ever going to go so far.

From the point of view of putting ideas and suggestions forward to the club during the meetings, there was nothing wrong with that.

The club would have taken those ideas and suggestions away, discussed them, and gone no, yes, maybe?

TBH it didn't matter how far 1894 or the CMRs pushed the club, the club were only ever going to go so far.

From the point of view of putting ideas and suggestions forward to the club during the meetings, there was nothing wrong with that.

The club would have taken those ideas and suggestions away, discussed them, and gone no, yes, maybe?
All of that is what you would expect and it would have been remiss of both the club and 1894 not to have had discussions.

As pointed out above, the 1894 statement including several non-negotiable 'red lines' (very emotive) means that the discussion has now ended as clearly they and the club have polar opposite views on this. My view is that 3000 rail seats with the possibility that more might be possible subject to demand is more than I would have expected.

You seem very certain re both parties.

Inside track ??
The problem with 1894 is that one minute they want to be taken seriously as a group representing supporters with lengthy ‘official statements’, the next they are posting Goldbridge style snide comments about City on their social media.

Surely if you want to be taken seriously by City they need to show they are professional and represent their members.

I’ve no idea how the group is organised but it was summed up by their social media post slagging off the Noel Gallagher 4th kit on release day as shit. Why any grown man would be arsed about a kit that would be worn once in a marketing campaign linked to the biggest ever band reunion ticket sale is head scratching to me - yet whoever controls the Twitter site for 1894 wrote a snide post on launch day that it’s shit.

Was that the official line from 1894 or the sole voice of whichever kid was controlling the 1894 Twitter page that day ?

I’ve no interest in defending City as I’m sure they ain’t interested in any consultation and will do what they want, but if 1894 had any ideas of being partners with the decision makers at City on what to do with the new £300m investment i would imagine they need to show they represent their members and are not some loose cannon posting the first thing that comes into their head.

We still don't know how far they will go 3000 with option to increase with demand. That may be 4000 it may be 5000 we don't know,but by saying the red line is 7/8000 it makes trying to work with 1894 pointless.Leaving it up to other fans to take up those 3000 and if that happens see what it get increased to.

We still don't know how far they will go 3000 with option to increase with demand. That may be 4000 it may be 5000 we don't know,but by saying the red line is 7/8000 it makes trying to work with 1894 pointless.Leaving it up to other fans to take up those 3000 and if that happens see what it get increased to.
Ignoring red lines for a moment, I'd be interested to know what the club would do if demand for the safe standing seats was high. Would they be looking to increase it before the stand opened or would they stick with the initial 3000 and wait a season or two before increasing it?

The problem with 1894 is that one minute they want to be taken seriously as a group representing supporters with lengthy ‘official statements’, the next they are posting Goldbridge style snide comments about City on their social media.

Surely if you want to be taken seriously by City they need to show they are professional and represent their members.

I’ve no idea how the group is organised but it was summed up by their social media post slagging off the Noel Gallagher 4th kit on release day as shit. Why any grown man would be arsed about a kit that would be worn once in a marketing campaign linked to the biggest ever band reunion ticket sale is head scratching to me - yet whoever controls the Twitter site for 1894 wrote a snide post on launch day that it’s shit.

Was that the official line from 1894 or the sole voice of whichever kid was controlling the 1894 Twitter page that day ?

I’ve no interest in defending City as I’m sure they ain’t interested in any consultation and will do what they want, but if 1894 had any ideas of being partners with the decision makers at City on what to do with the new £300m investment i would imagine they need to show they represent their members and are not some loose cannon posting the first thing that comes into their head.
Anyone can pick out a tweet in isolation. Funny how nobody ever mentions the many tweets from 1894 that have defended the club to the hilt on the charges AND the APT case, the latter of which saw 1894 go to town on that **** Ian Byrne following his utterly disgraceful attack on both club and fans in the Liverpool Echo back in June. Not to mention 1894 taking serious umbrage with the FSA motion around the APT rules which was put forward by, yes you've guessed it, that twat Byrne amongst other people.

The defending of the club on the charges is something that was politely pointed out to the club in the aftermath of the season ticket price banner being confiscated back in March when they were, ahem, economical with the truth as to why the banner was taken down.

Ignoring red lines for a moment, I'd be interested to know what the club would do if demand for the safe standing seats was high. Would they be looking to increase it before the stand opened or would they stick with the initial 3000 and wait a season or two before increasing it?
Agree it would be good to know how that would work, thing is if 1894 had agreed to negotiate these 3000 how many would they take up? if its a couple of thousand then they could have gone back and said if we are taking 2 of the 3000 we need to increase this now. Maybe then the club would have changed that number.
By flatly refusing the club have no idea how quickly those 3000 will fill up nor whether 3 or 4000 is enough to match demand assuming nobody moves from the south stand.

Agree it would be good to know how that would work, thing is if 1894 had agreed to negotiate these 3000 how many would they take up? if its a couple of thousand then they could have gone back and said if we are taking 2 of the 3000 we need to increase this now. Maybe then the club would have changed that number.
By flatly refusing the club have no idea how quickly those 3000 will fill up nor whether 3 or 4000 is enough to match demand assuming nobody moves from the south stand.
Surely if the club are serious about increasing it if demand allows then they can gauge interest in it by simply polling all season ticket holders and members?

All of that is what you would expect and it would have been remiss of both the club and 1894 not to have had discussions.

As pointed out above, the 1894 statement including several non-negotiable 'red lines' (very emotive) means that the discussion has nowrj ended as clearly they and the club have polar opposite views on this. My view is that 3000 rail seats with the possibility that more might be possible subject to demand is more than I would have expected.
It could expand to 5/6000, but only when fans know prices/conditions.

If the Ps & Cs are acceptable it will be important for everyone who wishes to relocate or join to, 'register' their intent soonest, enabling the club to plan/expand accordingly.

6000 applicants is only twice as many tickets as we sell for most away games which are usually significantly oversubscribed.

We took 9000 singers to spuds on a Friday night, so marketed, priced and organised properly/early should see high demand.

Unfortunately the club appears to have lost some of the high ground/goodwill with some/many fans which is most unfortunate cos everyone needs to be on the same page to make this a success from day one.

Multi International sponsorships...no problem.

Organising, pricing and communicating re seats in a new stand....problematic.

This is the last chance to get this right for the long term. If it gets fucked up people will not be forgiven !!

Perseverance is a virtue !!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.