North Stand expansion - seating, ticketing etc

The caveat with rail seating at least from reading posts on here by people who might consider moving is cost. The new NS is a premium offer compared to the SS so I'm not expecting comparable pricing. Also people seem to be ignoring that the front section of it is premium as it's close to the pitch L2. Maybe pricing at the back could be closer to what many on here would wish for.
The back half of this stand is the key to its success or failure.

TBH it didn't matter how far 1894 or the CMRs pushed the club, the club were only ever going to go so far.

From the point of view of putting ideas and suggestions forward to the club during the meetings, there was nothing wrong with that.

The club would have taken those ideas and suggestions away, discussed them, and gone no, yes, maybe?
1894 have cut off their nose to spite their face...

All good things and a great example of the important things 1894 have done for all supporters, but it only takes 1 or 2 snide posts to lose any goodwill from City.

My point is for a supporters group to be taken seriously you need to represent your members - you can’t have loose cannon posts on social media representing the options of one supporter.

I read that post on the kit launch day and thought this is mental - you are trying to be partners with City’s decision makers yet turn into Goldbridge at the most important time. Now it appears you are outside of negotiations.

It would equally be unprofessional of the club, to reduce its engagement with the group, over a snide tweet on something else imo.

If finding a middle ground has indeed hit a bump, imo it will be in large part to how the 1894 have approached this, and how inflexible they have, at least in public, appeared. And while they say 'their door is open', what precedes it says otherwise. Or at least that it is open only for exactly what they want and no less.

And that makes it hard to both compromise, or even support as a stance.

Before people get upset over this, please do consider that as a possible optic, intended or not.

Surely if the club are serious about increasing it if demand allows then they can gauge interest in it by simply polling all season ticket holders and members?

Agree. They could potentially even extend it to the reported waiting lists they would likely have details for.

The problem with 1894 is that one minute they want to be taken seriously as a group representing supporters with lengthy ‘official statements’, the next they are posting Goldbridge style snide comments about City on their social media.

Surely if you want to be taken seriously by City they need to show they are professional and represent their members.

I’ve no idea how the group is organised but it was summed up by their social media post slagging off the Noel Gallagher 4th kit on release day as shit. Why any grown man would be arsed about a kit that would be worn once in a marketing campaign linked to the biggest ever band reunion ticket sale is head scratching to me - yet whoever controls the Twitter site for 1894 wrote a snide post on launch day that it’s shit.

Was that the official line from 1894 or the sole voice of whichever kid was controlling the 1894 Twitter page that day ?

I’ve no interest in defending City as I’m sure they ain’t interested in any consultation and will do what they want, but if 1894 had any ideas of being partners with the decision makers at City on what to do with the new £300m investment i would imagine they need to show they represent their members and are not some loose cannon posting the first thing that comes into their head.
They have come across as very arrogant and aloof, whoever is in charge needs to get a grip.

This is probably where the club and the fans are not on the same page.

The fans want cheap tickets and atmosphere. The club are building a shiny new stand at significant cost and want (need) a return to justify the cost.
Personally I'm sure the club can recoup the cost of the stand by making significant offerings in other parts of the stadium.

Don't shoot me but wasn't one suggestion that all of level 2 (besides NS) be made into padded seats similar to Wembley?

They have come across as very arrogant and aloof, whoever is in charge needs to get a grip.
You don’t like 1894… we get it!

Not going to please everyone. We do things a certain way - based on 10 years experience of doing what we do.

We are accountable to our members and use their views to form our stances.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.