North Stand expansion - seating, ticketing etc

I read that key members of the Hilsborough families group were won over by the safety case for rail seating after being persuaded over a period of years
They campaigned against safe standing, even though Liverpool fans were continually standing on the KOP.

It was explained to them, shown to them, and proved to them time and again that safe standing was a safe and viable option instead of fans standing in front of normal seats without any safe standing barriers in front of fans, but they still wouldn't accept that.

They were one of the reasons(as they have a lot of political clout), plus politicians, the police, etc, why safe standing took so long to introduce and to become law.

From memory, I don't recall them ever criticizing their fellow Liverpool fans for standing on the KOP, or criticizing LFC for continually allowing that to happen.

Thankfully safe standing was finally given government approval, installed across numerous grounds, and has been a huge success.

To argue those seats aren’t smack bang in the middle is incredibly pedantic.

They’re literally in the key area to link NSL2 + NSL1.

They might not be corporate, but they are posh seats which won’t be targeted at the type of fan who generally creates atmosphere.
Thats nonsense, you can get young lads in who wont sing (loads in SS1 near me don't) or get an older guy in who wants a bit more than a normal seat and sings his head off (its not corporate btw) its not black and white mate.

Thats nonsense, you can get young lads in who wont sing (loads in SS1 near me don't) or get an older guy in who wants a bit more than a normal seat and sings his head off (its not corporate btw) its not black and white mate.
If I was a NSer I'd go in them.

Good position, comfort and leg room.....and I could start the poznan and bang my drum !!

I reckon 1894 will be now out of any further discussions with the club regarding the NS as clearly their ideas and demands are so far away from what the club has already proposed. It will be 3000 safe standing seats at the back of the new stand and that's it. It won't be moved to the front and it won't be increased to 7000.

The club has a statutory duty to engage with supporters via CM and we all know that it is essentially a box ticking exercise with no major wins by CM changing policies. I wouldn't expect any major push back from CM re 3000 rail seats as it is a reasonable amount if you accept that the club wants to make a return on its investment. The club has no requirement to engage with 1894 so they won't on this subject from now on.

I reckon 1894 will be now out of any further discussions with the club regarding the NS as clearly their ideas and demands are so far away from what the club has already proposed. It will be 3000 safe standing seats at the back of the new stand and that's it. It won't be moved to the front and it won't be increased to 7000.

The club has a statutory duty to engage with supporters via CM and we all know that it is essentially a box ticking exercise with no major wins by CM changing policies. I wouldn't expect any major push back from CM re 3000 rail seats as it is a reasonable amount if you accept that the club wants to make a return on its investment. The club has no requirement to engage with 1894 so they won't on this subject from now on.
You seem very certain re both parties.

Inside track ??

So what you are basically saying is the meetings with the club and the fan reps about the NS were a pointless PR exercise? I won't say a waste of time. Some feedback is better than no feedback.

The club were always going to make some concessions to the fans. The club knew what those concessions would and wouldn't be. Instead of the meetings, the secrecy, the NDA's etc, the club should have come out and said this is what we're proposing, these are the concessions were making, and this is what we are taking forward and implementing for the new North stand. Done!

Details about seating arrangements, season tickets, season ticket prices, match day ticket prices, etc, will follow in due course.(or words to that effect)

From the PA everyone could see what the club wanted the NS to be. The club were always going to include some concessions to the fans. 3000 safe standing seats being one of those concessions. There maybe season ticket and match day ticket concessions to follow? Maybe there won't be? We'll find out at some point in the future.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.