North Stand expansion - seating, ticketing etc

This is the key in terms of making it into a proper home end. We need to convince the club to put rail seating in the orange area.

The club seem open to it as well. Perhaps this is where city matters, 1894 group, supporters clubs can come together to push the club or at least make the club tell us if it’s going to happen and when.

It’s a bit vague, saying we might do it based on interest. The club knows demand for standing is huge.

This is a great opportunity.

We've already got 7000 safe standing seats that are filled every home game.

The proposed NSL2 3000 safe standing seats would be snapped up straightaway.

So would additional NSL2 safe standing seats .

The club knows they could sell as many NSL2 safe standing seats as they want to, but doing that would eat into the match day revenues the new NS would make. The club don't want that to happen.

I was privy to numerous surveys and the number of fans who showed an interest in rail seating in the North Stand was huge. They fell short of surveying all seasoncard holders (something we recommended they do), but the demand is undoubtedly there.

My point (which no one seems to be able to answer), is if this was an 'atmospheric North Stand', why not say they are going to put 6/7k rail seats in (to the orange line on the images above) and then, should the demand not be there, they reduce it slightly?

Because the club have displayed a tiny strip or rail-seating, they're going to struggle pursuading fans to go there en masse. The public update could have been far bolder and that would have made the job (improving the atmosphere by relocating singers into the back of NSL2) significantly easier.

I hate this common theme where fans say 'stop moaning'. It's not moaning. I'm passionate about this. I want it to work. These are my views on a forum dedicated to this particular topic. We're allowed to share views and describe what we would like to see.

you don't survey the entire population you do a sample and that sample is representative of the population. That's how stats work. I don't get what you're moaning at. The fans were surveyed, they responded and the club actioned it. It sounds like you don't agree with what the fans said and you're in the minority. Just a matter of opinion

We've already got 7000 safe standing seats that are filled every home game.

The proposed NSL2 3000 safe standing seats would be snapped up straightaway.

So would additional NSL2 safe standing seats .

The club knows they could sell as many NSL2 safe standing seats as they want to, but doing that would eat into the match day revenues the new NS would make. The club don't want that to happen.
I agree. Wembley is probably the best example of that, most of tier 1 stands and most of tier 3 has stood for games against United. The demand is there.

I’m not expecting dirt cheap prices, but the club will make a fair bit even with rail standing sections.

We would need our membership to buy into it (something I genuinely don't think they'll do with the plans the club currently has - we need full plans to be released).

Just to emphasise the point I'm making, look at this image:

View attachment 133635

It's not perfect, so forgive my quick attempt.

The yellow section is the rail seats/standing.

The purple section is hospitality.

You cannot call that an 'atmospheric North Stand - it absolutely isn't

What we were hoping for was for rail seats to reach atleast where the orange line was. This would change the narrative entirely. The club saying they can (not will) add more rail seats in isn't enough of a commitment for us to push fans to relocate.

This initial update from the club should be enough evidence to support my argument that City themselves do not see the North Stand as 'an atmospheric home end' (which means other concessions that we need to ensure it is a success might be overlooked). It's a stand with rail seats in (and a family stand, and hospitality, and prayer rooms, and sky walks, and restaurants, and hotels).

I'm sorry, why do you consider that not to be an atmospheric end?

Because a third of the tier, only half of the new seats, are standing and the rest sitting?

Because 7% of the tier, less then a 10th have paid a bit more for padded seats in a prime location?

I get why the more the better on the rail seats, but why is that as is, not an atmospheric end in any capacity?

you don't survey the entire population you do a sample and that sample is representative of the population. That's how stats work. I don't get what you're moaning at. The fans were surveyed, they responded and the club actioned it. It sounds like you don't agree with what the fans said and you're in the minority. Just a matter of opinion
Well he's already said that there was huge support in those surveys for rail seating which, if that was the case, raises the question as to why the club are only currently committing to 3000 rail seats. If they already have a "feel" for demand and it far outstrips the 3000 then why won't they commit to it at this stage?

You also say that they did a sample survey. I'd be interested to know how many fans made up that sample and what the demographics of that sample was.

The survey was overwhelmingly for safe standing…

Because a third of the tier, only half of the new seats, are standing and the rest sitting?

Because 7% of the tier, less then a 10th have paid a bit more for padded seats in a prime location?

I get why the more the better on the rail seats, but why is that as is, not an atmospheric end in any capacity?
It's neither an atmospheric end, a corporate end, or an anything-in-the-middle end. That's because it's a mix of everything end

I've seen what the fans who were surveyed said. 1894 surveyed THOUSANDS of fans too remember.

Some fans were surveyed (not all - surveying all fans would be very easy for the club to do btw - simple email and questionnaire). Those fans gave a clear indication on what they wanted (rail seats/atmosphere). Club's plans have put a relatively small provision in for that, that in my opinion does not reflect the feedback fans gave.

I can tell you categorically that I'm not in the minority. I have survey data (that I've posted previously) that back that up. Do you have anything other than anecdotal data to backup your claims that I'm in the minority?

Atmospheric ends don’t usually include a family stand, premium seats, and a sky bar - happy to be proven wrong though.

Probably worth pointing out that United fan groups had ‘prime position’ premium seats removed from the Stretford End because of the lack of participation and them being half empty while people were at the bar/food areas.

Always important to research and look at how others have learned from experience and history.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.