North Stand expansion - seating, ticketing etc

If we can guarantee that 70% of the 6k new seats are season cards (like what the 1894 survey showed fans want), we can reduce that risk and ensure more blues fill this amazing stand.
You are way over reaching yourself. The club won't commit to stuff like that and build a rod for it's own back.

Looking at some of the recent posts on Blue Moon, you can't guarantee they will all be blues. There seems to be an increasing number of away fans getting hold of tickets (or neutrals/football tourists) at the expense of proper City fans. This problem is exacerbated in hospitality sections.

This is especially the case when match day ticket prices are higher (so the demand from blues reduces). If we can guarantee that 70% of the 6k new seats are season cards (like what the 1894 survey showed fans want), we can reduce that risk and ensure more blues fill this amazing stand.

Tbf that is a stadium-wide problem by the sounds of it. Not dismissing it as a point at all btw.

But tier 1 exists already. Should everyone there be kicked out so they can start again to get the mix that one group think is right?

3k seats is almost half of the new addition. Or a third of that tier, which is probably the fairest and most logical way to look at it. Look I agree, it would be better if there were more rail seats.

Don't disagree with GA+ being relocated btw. But it makes sense to me why it is there, why that location, along with the padding, is exactly what commands the +. Doesn't mean it has to be a dead zone. It is 600 odd seats, out of 9.5k.

Not to digress, but as a side positive wee reminder, the spacing is exactly the same as elsewhere throughout it. It is not boxed off. The shared toilet provision is the same. That GA+ guy will be pissing next to the GA guy. So there is scope for it not to be GA+. To be changed to basic GA. For the whole stand to be made GA+. For it to be GA+ rail standing, given the location and access to a bar. For the bar (although I have recently shifted my thoughts on that somewhat) to be absorbed into the concourse. Now maybe that is quite naive of me, from a trying to guess the club's intentions for the area point of view. But as a pure facility as designed and once built, it is factual. What they do with it when it opens, in year 2, 5, 15 etc. Time will tell.
Good post. Especially the last paragraph.

Just to stress that 1894 absolutely do not want fans kicked out of their seats. We asked the club to contact every seasoncard holder in the North Stand and to get their views.

We surveyed our members (and City fans generally) and filtered down the responses from fans in the North Stand to build a picture of what they said and presented that to the club alongside the wider fanbases views.

For the record, the overwhelming majority in the North Stand said they thought 'atmosphere' was the most important aspect of the expansion and that they'd welcome rail seating. A significant % even said they'd be happy for existing fans to be moved to accommodate singing/atmosphere sections. That wasn't something that was on the cards for us to push, but we thought the outcome would be interesting. It's worth noting that a bigger % of North Standers were opposed to that than fans from other sections, too, though.

Based on the comments on all sides, I think it's a simple case of communication. It would be good for 1894 to reach out and make contact with the club and see if there's an opportunity to get the details that are currently missing.

The club have stated that the number of rail seats could be increased. That, to me, shows that it is willing to engage and change things. Ultimately, whilst it's an expansion to drive revenue, you can't ignore the fact it's providing a single tier and a covered City Square which are elements it didn't need to deliver, at additional cost. So there's definitely a desire to try and deliver something the fans want - and that's all fans not just 1894 I should add.

But ultimately, there are other parts of the ground they could probably command more revenue from hospitality. It could be that in years 1-2 they look at a bedding in period. If 1894 get themselves in the 3,000 seats (hopefully more) then it's job done on the atmosphere front. The only direction that stand then goes is towards a full atmospheric end (at least in the 2nd tier). The GA+ is more likely to be forced out, people from elsewhere might look to move in to join the party and space opens up elsewhere for additional hospitality (not GA+) which delivers more revenue.

There are plenty of options. But rather than taking issue with it and doing nothing, whilst understandable, it's better to try and open up some dialogue and see if the missing information changes the mindset.

To lighten the mood a little, let’s have some of this on NSL2. :-)

Safe standing to the left, normal GA and GA+ seats to the right. Obviously above and below.

1894 will wave the telescopic flags. Coatigan and Didsbury Dave can be on the drums. Cheadle Hulme Blue and Pride In Battle can be orchestrating the fans.

Last edited:
Here is a better image:

View attachment 133638

Yellow is current rail seating provision.

Orange is the minimum we'd like to see.

Purple is GA+
That not unreasonable and its practical, is it around 6500 ss ?

If so, it's probably what the club would anticipate when they mentioned expansion subject to demand.

If they had allocated all that zone for ss & singers from the outset, and indicated prices and conditions, I think the indicated uptake would be high, all parties would've known where they stand,*
and the mood on here might have been less acrimonious.

Now....if we can shift the away fans down to ESL1, and create a dedicated City end in SS2/3, an old man will be happy.

* No pun intended !!

*lol* I beg to differ but hey that's life. I love that seat because the opposition manager and bench get the full blast of my tottering tadpoles and other non swear words shouts. ;-)

Plus I sing and shout to my heart's content without worrying about the atmosphere around me. I go to watch the match and enjoy. :-)
Its about time you started to calm down a bit me old flower. ;)

Based on the comments on all sides, I think it's a simple case of communication. It would be good for 1894 to reach out and make contact with the club and see if there's an opportunity to get the details that are currently missing.

The club have stated that the number of rail seats could be increased. That, to me, shows that it is willing to engage and change things. Ultimately, whilst it's an expansion to drive revenue, you can't ignore the fact it's providing a single tier and a covered City Square which are elements it didn't need to deliver, at additional cost. So there's definitely a desire to try and deliver something the fans want - and that's all fans not just 1894 I should add.

But ultimately, there are other parts of the ground they could probably command more revenue from hospitality. It could be that in years 1-2 they look at a bedding in period. If 1894 get themselves in the 3,000 seats (hopefully more) then it's job done on the atmosphere front. The only direction that stand then goes is towards a full atmospheric end (at least in the 2nd tier). The GA+ is more likely to be forced out, people from elsewhere might look to move in to join the party and space opens up elsewhere for additional hospitality (not GA+) which delivers more revenue.

There are plenty of options. But rather than taking issue with it and doing nothing, whilst understandable, it's better to try and open up some dialogue and see if the missing information changes the mindset.
Not convinced by "1894 on the atmosphere front".

I like some of the work they do with displays, but whilst they're keen and loyal, they don't strike me as being fanatical,rowdy, loud or boisterous which is what we need up in ssNS2.

NS2 ss needs to be a bear garden with plenty of u21s and old heads.

What is the membership/STH/attendees of 1894 please ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.