North Stand expansion - seating, ticketing etc

Not convinced by "1894 on the atmosphere front".

I like some of the work they do with displays, but whilst they're keen and loyal, they don't strike me as being fanatical,rowdy, loud or boisterous which is what we need up in ssNS2.

NS2 ss needs to be a bear garden with plenty of u21s and old heads.

What is the membership/STH/attendees of 1894 please ?
I don’t think any of our fans are like that. And that includes all the PL club fans.

The FOC’s are getting older. And the youth just want to drink beer and sniff.

Think again JRB, that's a very sweeping generalisation.
OK. In SSL1. :-)

On a serious note, as I’ve been having a bit of laugh, that’s why we neeed to get as many singers together as possible in a proper singing section on NSL2. If we can get a few hundred singers together they will be fanatical, rowdy, loud and boisterous.

OK. In SSL1. :-)

On a serious note, as I’ve been having a bit of laugh, that’s why we neeed to get as many singers together as possible in a proper singing section on NSL2. If we can get a few hundred singers together they will be fanatical, rowdy, loud and boisterous.
I think you're taking the piss !!

I’ve just done a Fulham seat count.

273 tickets left for Fulham.
At midnight on Monday there were 958 tickets left.
Interestingly, there were hundreds of tickets in the SSL3 away end, which were being sold to City fans, priced at….…….

IMG-3299.jpg

There are only 4 tickets left now.

That shows if tickets are priced better and people can afford the tickets, the tickets will fly out.

Having 1000+ extra City fans inside the Etihad against Fulham is great.

I think you're taking the piss !!

Taking the piss??

You’ve lost me on that one.

No, I’m being serious.

If we can get a few hundred like minded singers together in a singing section on NSL2 they will create a good atmosphere with constant singing, which will hopefully resinate and spread across NSL2 throughout the match. That along with the singers on SSL1.

Last edited:
Based on the comments on all sides, I think it's a simple case of communication. It would be good for 1894 to reach out and make contact with the club and see if there's an opportunity to get the details that are currently missing.

The club have stated that the number of rail seats could be increased. That, to me, shows that it is willing to engage and change things. Ultimately, whilst it's an expansion to drive revenue, you can't ignore the fact it's providing a single tier and a covered City Square which are elements it didn't need to deliver, at additional cost. So there's definitely a desire to try and deliver something the fans want - and that's all fans not just 1894 I should add.

But ultimately, there are other parts of the ground they could probably command more revenue from hospitality. It could be that in years 1-2 they look at a bedding in period. If 1894 get themselves in the 3,000 seats (hopefully more) then it's job done on the atmosphere front. The only direction that stand then goes is towards a full atmospheric end (at least in the 2nd tier). The GA+ is more likely to be forced out, people from elsewhere might look to move in to join the party and space opens up elsewhere for additional hospitality (not GA+) which delivers more revenue.

There are plenty of options. But rather than taking issue with it and doing nothing, whilst understandable, it's better to try and open up some dialogue and see if the missing information changes the mindset.
hi, bear in mind what was in the 1894 statement. we had one rep there and the likes of citymatters had all 12. we only did what we could given club had a blueprint in their minds already. the club's announcement mentions atmosphere a lot - but in the first meeting with the club , no provision for railseating was made. so the club weren't interested in rail seating. by the second meeting they had made it 3,000 and at the 3rd not building from 3,000. then when statement comes out, oh , maybe it can go higher than 3,000 in the future.

citymatters is the club's preferred vehicle to talk and us at 1894 have encouraged supporters to contact the CM reps in advance of their next meeting with the club on 15th october. you can mail the reps through the website.

1894 canvassed their own membership, which approaches 2,500 but also has some non matchgoing fans from around the world in there. we already said to the club , even when we released our statement, that we could help facilitate people to move into NS2 if they wanted to go, they could be people in our membership or active followers of us on social media that sometimes participate.

but you know club have everyone's email address , all supporters and if they wanted an atmospheric end could have reached out to the whole membership to get a view, just like we reached out to our whole membership for a view. we also asked the OSC to send on surveys so we could take the views of their members too.

we'll continue to do that but there's page after page of hypothetical scenario on this forum when the bottom line is, what are the prices, this year and in the future, are they bringing back season cards or trying to force more flexi golds onto the support by stealth and if someone doesn't attend does that ticket get sold off on a package. You don't buy something without knowing what the cost is going to be first. ball, as ever , is in club's court and they need to work with Citymatters first and foremost and not bypass them as a box ticking exercise. club also wanted all parties to sign NDA's last time as well. this is what we are up against

Can anyone tell me why the club won’t canvas the wider fan base about what they want from the North stand?

Is it because the club don’t want to do that?
Is it because the club has already made its mind up about the North stand, so there’s no point?
Is it because the club think talking to the CMR’s, 1894, the OSC, etc was enough?
Anything else?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.