North Stand expansion - seating, ticketing etc

if they don't they don't . opportunity being squandered will be down to club no-one else.
they don't even listen to citymatters their own fan advisory board. that's why 1894 get more impact going public
If the club have offered the 1894 Group a role as “Anchor tenants”‘in this, the Etihad’s first even dedicated “end”, and they turn it down because the proportion of season tickets isn’t right or something daft then 1894 have squandered a once in a lifetime opportunity for themselves.

I honestly think some blues need to spend a few games away from the south stand lower tier to realise how poor the current situation is. It couldn’t be worse.

I think as long as the club market the stand as the 'atmosphere' end, it should work out ok regardless of the seating/standing configuration. Presumably those who decide to move there, whether standing, general seating or the padded seats, will be relocating or buying tickets there because they want to be involved in it. Otherwise they may as well stay where they are.

There's no real reason why those sitting (in any category of seat) can't contribute to the atmosphere as much as those standing.

If I ever meet any of you in a pub, I’ll buy you a pint, and I’ll tell you about the (farce) megaphone meeting with 1894 and the club. (those who were there will know what I mean)

It will give you a bit of an insight into what a meeting with the club can be like.

I’m actually smiling and laughing to myself about the meeting to this day, as I write this post.

The fans weren't surveyed. The fans have never been surveyed by the club.

The club showcased the original NS proposal outside the ground and at other places before the PA was submitted. Apart from that the club has only involved the fan reps at the 4(?) NDA meetings. And has since released a short update about plans for the NS.

As for a sample, it's a very broad sample. Adult fans, old fans, youth, women, disabled fans, and every type of City fan you can think of, all with different wishes and ideas that they want to see for the NS.

I've lost count of the amount of email questionnaires the club have sent me over the years asking how the club is doing, what do I think of the match day experience, would I buy X, would I subscribe to X, do I use X, etc. Yet for the most important and final redevelopment of the Etihad, the club haven't asked me or the wider fan base anything.
Are you saying the club are lying? Or do you mean you weren't asked

Attachments

• 1000064389.jpg
    1000064389.jpg
    499.7 KB · Views: 10
I've seen what the fans who were surveyed said. 1894 surveyed THOUSANDS of fans too remember.

Some fans were surveyed (not all - surveying all fans would be very easy for the club to do btw - simple email and questionnaire). Those fans gave a clear indication on what they wanted (rail seats/atmosphere). Club's plans have put a relatively small provision in for that, that in my opinion does not reflect the feedback fans gave.

I can tell you categorically that I'm not in the minority. I have survey data (that I've posted previously) that back that up. Do you have anything other than anecdotal data to backup your claims that I'm in the minority?
The club thinks you are in the minority

Proof of this is where?

1894 conducted a survey which was open to all fans. The results are within the survey they conducted ;)

It was listed on here and all social platforms.

As you say…

you don't survey the entire population you do a sample and that sample is representative of the population. That's how stats work. I don't get what you're moaning at. The fans were surveyed, they responded and the club actioned it. It sounds like you don't agree with what the fans said and you're in the minority. Just a matter of opinion

:)

Last edited:
The club thinks you are in the minority
Please show me the proof.

What people think is irrelevant anyway. I’m in the majority. I have posted proof of this previously.

Why are you being so contrary? What is it that’s upsetting you so much about me wanting the North Stand to be more atmospheric? Or are you just another poster who opposes anything that anyone associated to 1894 says?

Are you saying the club are lying? Or do you mean you weren't asked

Do we know who those fans are?
Do we know the number of fans?
As a snap shot, has anyone on here been consulted by the club, bar the fan reps?
If those fans were consulted, what did they say? What did they want?
Why hasn’t the club published that?
I’d be very interested to know what those fans wanted. I’m sure other City fans would be as well.
Is it what we want for the North stand or something totally different for the North stand?
It’s all good and well saying the fans have been consulted, but where is the evidence? Where are the minutes? Where are the questions and results from the consultation? For. Against. Percentages.
I’m interested. I want to know. Do you what to know?

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.