North Stand expansion - seating, ticketing etc

But then the point is it’s not an atmosphere stand…. It’s a purpose built hospitality stand.

Opportunity to create a brilliant atmosphere missed!
1) What are Everton doing with their atmosphere ends ?

2) Does anyone know if City undertook a 'holistic', stadium wide, review of all seating/standing/home/away/ arrangements with a view to grabbing the opportunity to synchronise/coordinate all and any other relocations/ changes as part of the NS project ?

3) What is the membership of 1894 & are they all STHs ?

4) What is the membership and management structure of the OSC ?

What other unofficial, active, supporters clubs exist (Blue Alliance) ?

TIA.

I’m sorry but holding a piece of cardboard up above your head before kick off is not creating an atmosphere.

Even if that actually floats your boat it’s done a couple of times a season whilst loads of supporters are finishing pints or still
queuing to get in the stadium.

An atmosphere is created by 4 sides of stadium singing, screaming and shouting throughout the game.

A couple of rows at the front of the new NS second tier is not going to affect that - and for the 100th time the new stand does not get built if there were no corporate or GA premium seats !
That's not the fucking point. I've been up in that section in Level 2 loads of times when doing drop down banners and most of the fans in that section don't sing full stop. It's been stated on here numerous times that there is a void between the singers in SS3 and SS1 and some of that is down to that particular section. The club have basically slapped a hospitality area in between the 2 main singing areas of the ground.

That's not the fucking point. I've been up in that section in Level 2 loads of times when doing drop down banners and most of the fans in that section don't sing full stop. It's been stated on here numerous times that there is a void between the singers in SS3 and SS1 and some of that is down to that particular section. The club have basically slapped a hospitality area in between the 2 main singing areas of the ground.

The problem we have is that every week there is an excuse why the atmosphere is shit.

Acoustics, too cold, kick off times, tourists, style of play, can’t hold a card above our heads, hang flags etc etc etc.

The reason the atmosphere is shit is cause there are only a few hundred that consistently sing - located in different areas. 3 stands holding 40 odd thousand supporters do not make a peep for 99% of home games.

A new stand with 8000 seats together might make a difference but who knows.

I’ve yet to see anything which has identified how many would be willing to move. If it’s less that 3000 then why is anybody moaning about 600 premium seats at the front.

And let’s hope the club have ideas how to fill the seats if we kick off next season with a new manager and the likely drop off.

The problem we have is that every week there is an excuse why the atmosphere is shit.

Acoustics, too cold, kick off times, tourists, style of play, can’t hold a card above our heads, hang flags etc etc etc.

The reason the atmosphere is shit is cause there are only a few hundred that consistently sing - located in different areas. 3 stands holding 40 odd thousand supporters do not make a peep for 99% of home games.

I’ve yet to see anything which has identified how many would be willing to move. If it’s less that 3000 then why is anybody moaning about 600 premium seats at the front.

And let’s hope the club have ideas how to fill the seats if we kick off next season with a new manager and the likely drop off.
Maybe the club should've surveyed all season ticket holders on that - it's not rocket science is it?!

Your last paragraph is a very good point though

This conversation appears to be going round in circles.

Simple solution. Make SSL3 the atmosphere end and all standing.

Move anyone who doesn’t want to stand into NSL2 with all the hospitality,
I was booted out of SSL2 up to SSL3 due to Joes. Level 2 of the Etihad is mostly hospitality or premium seats now much like Wembley or the Emirate's. How much more hospitality do they need? They’re more or less giving away the hospitality for some of the lesser games as it is.

This conversation appears to be going round in circles.

Simple solution. Make SSL3 the atmosphere end and all standing.

Move anyone who doesn’t want to stand into NSL2 with all the hospitality,

I was booted out of SSL2 up to SSL3 due to Joes. Level 2 of the Etihad is mostly hospitality or premium seats now much like Wembley or the Emirate's. How much more hospitality do they need? They’re more or less giving away the hospitality for some of the lesser games as it is.
You keep banging the drum for SS3 to be made all standing but it's like that bloke who stood outside Maine Road with his end of the world sign. The club aren't considering it as if you haven't noticed they are proposing 3000 standing in the expanded NS.

The suggestion that anyone who doesn't want to stand is moved to NS L2 'with all the hospitality' is your best one yet :)

That's not the spirit.

We're City fans, we've got to MAKE it happen like we did in division three.

The doom wishers predicted our support would fall off a cliff.....did it fuck.

33000 for Blackpool at old Maine Road with four mismatching stands and a hair raising atmosphere.

Two goals in injury time at Wembley and three penalty saves in extra time.

We have to reflect on our history, traditions and moments along with our blue Mancunian spirit and ensure that through clear, rational and synchronised actions and communication, we effect the changes necessary to create a bear pit stadium.

It will be our last chance.

You keep banging the drum for SS3 to be made all standing but it's like that bloke who stood outside Maine Road with his end of the world sign. The club aren't considering it as if you haven't noticed they are proposing 3000 standing in the expanded NS.

The suggestion that anyone who doesn't want to stand is moved to NS L2 'with all the hospitality' is your best one yet :)

The current plan will dissipate what little atmosphere we have already and spread it even more thinly across the stadium.

I've been proposing that SS2/3 become a dedicated City end for months.

It's already the 'atmosphere end' and could be even better if the singing section of 'ESL1 Kippax Corner' moved up there to replace the away fans who should be shifted down to ESL1+SSL1 round the corner flag, the least atmospheric location in the stadium as we know.

It can be achieved with low capex and without compromising any licencing /safety protocols.

It astonishes me that the club are not planning it as just one part of a wider NS re organisation.

It can be done, where there a will there's a way !!

Maybe some will see it as an opportunity missed - but the stand was built for commercial reasons not to take a gamble that atmosphere would improve.
That kind of goes against what the club posted last week and the idea of atmospheric home end.

Surely the hotel, sky bar and huge shopping/ drinking area will be more then enough commercial revenue?

How much more premium seating do we actually need as well? A lot of seating on level 2 is half empty, especially for less glamorous games or it’s full of away fans.

When pep leaves and we inevitably get worse, I’d love to know where all these new corporate fans are coming from.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.