North Stand expansion - seating, ticketing etc

There are things that can be granted very easily! What is impossible in that list?

- release a pricing policy
- consult with existing season card holders in North Stand
- commit to X number of season tickets (and give choice between flexigold or normal)
- move the GA+ seats from front and centre (we gave a few suggestions as to how the could do this).

They’re all easily achievable. If the club truly wants the North Stand to be an atmospheric home end, they can do more.
How much more do you want ?

More rail seating would be nice but I don't see it as a massive problem. It's a step in the right diretion, particularly being at the back? How many members do 1894 have in the stadium at any one time? GA + I don't think matters massively.

1894 are the only atompshere group the club has and if they don't take this opportunity to lead and influence this move they are fucking idiots.
100% agree

Posted yesterday and still relevant.

Keep in mind that South Stand level 1 is the area of the ground which sells out fastest.

My view is that a bigger safe standing section in the north stand would actually be more popular amongst fans in general than a seating section in the same place.

Am I the only one who feels 5/6k extra ‘seats’ would still sell out if only safe standing was on offer?

I genuinely think a 5/6k standing section in the north stand would become one of the most popular areas in the ground.

Like even if it wasn’t an official ‘end’, the demand for tickets would see season tickets or just one off tickets sell out for a bigger safe standing section for most league games.

I’m more into the mindset of build it and they will come in this regard rather count roughly how many people want to stand and have them fit into this specific section or making it slightly bigger depending on the numbers.

If Harry and Jane come over from the US to watch City, they aren’t going to say no if the only 2 tickets available are two safe standing spaces in the north stand.

I don’t think there’s anything to lose by having more safe standing anyway.

This conversation appears to be going round in circles.

Simple solution. Make SSL3 the atmosphere end and all standing.

Move anyone who doesn’t want to stand into NSL2 with all the hospitality,

I was booted out of SSL2 up to SSL3 due to Joes. Level 2 of the Etihad is mostly hospitality or premium seats now much like Wembley or the Emirate's. How much more hospitality do they need? They’re more or less giving away the hospitality for some of the lesser games as it is.
Giving it away, have you any examples because i've not ?

1) What are Everton doing with their atmosphere ends ?

2) Does anyone know if City undertook a 'holistic', stadium wide, review of all seating/standing/home/away/ arrangements with a view to grabbing the opportunity to synchronise/coordinate all and any other relocations/ changes as part of the NS project ?

3) What is the membership of 1894 & are they all STHs ?

4) What is the membership and management structure of the OSC ?

What other unofficial, active, supporters clubs exist (Blue Alliance) ?

TIA.
At 8.53 am @Gone for a Burton asked these 5 questions, pretty relevant questions they seemed to me but no answers as yet. Just a rehashing of posts that have gone before.
Are there answers to the questions or is this just ignored?

The current plan will dissipate what little atmosphere we have already and spread it even more thinly across the stadium.
Not really. SS3 has a very good atmosphere so why would that change? 8000 additional seats with at least 3000 standing will only enhance the atmosphere.

I like your balance.

My opinion, the hospitality here as a revenue generating element is quite overstated.

I don't think the club's reasoning for including it is Entirely revenue driven. Purely, because the proportion of it is just so small. If it was, they would imo have crammed far more hospitality in.

Think about it, how much extra revenue do 648 premium seats, out of 9518 in that whole tier, really bring a year. Say that '+' was a difference of £300 a year, from what others have mentioned elsewhere in the grounds, what's that 200k of a difference? Peanuts, in the scheme of that tier generating potentially 7-8m a year. The top part is more formal and probably pricier, but even then, it is only 5% of the tier.

My take is their inclusion is driven by the club wanting long term flexibility, ad much as a bit more income. And the chance to host a champions league final, which they have said before. Think uefa have guidelines on hospitality requirements, wouldn't surprise me if the club covered that here.

The hotel and f&b should more than pay for itself. The retail should cover the bulk of that building. So it isn't like the club are up against it here to recoup the whole investment through ticket sales.

I think people should be more open to the idea that the club are including these because they (rightlynor wrongly) think it is a good thing for the stand, rather than just a bit more profitable. Maybe Populous played a part in selling that to them, as jrb has pointed out they have done at spurs already, and the club have bought into it. Or maybe they gave the club exactly what they wanted.

I think you're right, there's flexibility there and as I've said in the majority of my recent posts it's about just getting in there to begin with and seeing what happens in time. This is the chance to have a home end, and nothing at the moment prevents that from happening. It might be that initially it's not quite delivering, but if you have 3,000 people stood up singing all game it's inevitable that the rest join in rather than turn around and tell them to be quiet. Over time those that don't enjoy it relocate elsewhere and more singers join them. And over time, potentially the GA+ isn't working and there's an opportunity to provide something elsewhere in the ground. But once the singers are in there, that's the hard part done. They're under the roof, with an acoustic design to help keep noise in and they're at the back of a huge single tier. The basic requirement to improve the atmosphere will have been ticked. The other elements are all things that can change over time, and are likely to.

I appreciate 1894 aren't happy with how things have been conducted and that's led to scepticism and negativity. But if they're more concerned with having banter with away fans than creating a positive matchday atmosphere (not saying they all are), then they're not the right group to be in this section anyway. There will be at least 3,000 city fans - depending on pricing - that will be more than happy to stand in the new NS and make some noise. Especially when it's brand spanking new, above City square and all the other benefits it delivers.

The pricing is a key element for obvious reasons. The club needs to boost revenue of course, but it still did cheap tickets in the SS at least initially and may well do some sort of price incentive in the NS. Over time it will increase and change, but we'll see.

Not really. SS3 has a very good atmosphere so why would that change? 8000 additional seats with at least 3000 standing will only enhance the atmosphere.
Depends on how the club do it. For instance let’s says loads of fans move from ss1 or ss3 - will those fans seats then be replaced with expensive match day tickets?

If that’s the case, that could make the atmosphere worse. Ideally with fans moving it should mean more season tickets or at least the opportunity.

I’d argue the kippax corner section has become worse noise wise, as lots of fans moved into ss3. Overall it should improve, but it may take time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.