North Stand expansion - seating, ticketing etc

People ae way over-obsessing about this rail seat thing. Their introduction didn't effect the atmosphere at The Etihad (or anywhere else) by one decibel.

I disagree. I think the presence of rail seating defines the area as standing rather than seated, It's introduction didn't make any difference to SSL1 as it was already unofficially accepted as a standing area. In the new North Stand it's likely in the majority of the seated area people will be sat down.

And I think people are just more likely to sing when stood as it seems easier (and choirs tend to stand!!) and you just seem more noticeable if you're sat down singing when no one around you in the block is.

If they had a of contacting all supporters and all supporter were happy to hand over all their details they could , when they did their survey how many respondents did they get?
Well they’ve got a pretty big profile.

The could put it out on socials, MEN, podcasts, here, etc.

The fans that are likely to be most vocal are probably likely to know 1894 are up to.
Handling the data would be a challenge but they’ve already done surveys before.
No idea about survey responses.

I disagree. I think the presence of rail seating defines the area as standing rather than seated, It's introduction didn't make any difference to SSL1 as it was already unofficially accepted as a standing area. In the new North Stand it's likely in the majority of the seated area people will be sat down.

And I think people are just more likely to sing when stood as it seems easier (and choirs tend to stand!!) and you just seem more noticeable if you're sat down singing when no one around you in the block is.
Not just that the whole point is to stand safely as most away fans and many home fans stood all the way through in all seater stadiums from the 90s but it was deemed unsafe by authorities.

Hence groups promoting the introduction of rail seating ie SAFEstanding. It’s all about having a choice.

Grounds went all seater in 1994 ? By 1997-98 the whole of the North Stand was all stood up at City even though it was a seating area.

The main difference is that the people who filled the ground then were hardcore Blues whereas over many years much if that hardcore has been priced out and once dropped away some didn’t return.

That’s one of the main reasons atmosphere hit and miss.

If they had a of contacting all supporters and all supporter were happy to hand over all their details they could , when they did their survey how many respondents did they get?
Hi the info is in the public domain if you scroll down the various posts on 1894 FB & twitter but current membership is around 2,300. Of those about 10% are actually in the north stand. Probably 35% in the south stand various levels and rest a mix of other stands, cityzens, a few who don’t go games (but who like what we do or contribute) and rest of the world. A lot rest of the world, low hundreds.

1500 responded to survey.

That’s all we can go off. We have asked the club and the OSC to survey.

We do singing sections at cup finals and some home cup
Games that’s perhaps moving 25-30 people in if there’s availability.

For something like this club could definitely organise on their own with or without out help (we are still happy to help) - one would argue the 111 singing section when it first started was good i. Those early years. That was done by the club alone.

Club has to show more will. They have their own idea about how it should go and what type of fan goes in there

Hi the info is in the public domain if you scroll down the various posts on 1894 FB & twitter but current membership is around 2,300. Of those about 10% are actually in the north stand. Probably 35% in the south stand various levels and rest a mix of other stands, cityzens, a few who don’t go games (but who like what we do or contribute) and rest of the world. A lot rest of the world, low hundreds.

1500 responded to survey.

That’s all we can go off. We have asked the club and the OSC to survey.

We do singing sections at cup finals and some home cup
Games that’s perhaps moving 25-30 people in if there’s availability.

For something like this club could definitely organise on their own with or without out help (we are still happy to help) - one would argue the 111 singing section when it first started was good i. Those early years. That was done by the club alone.

Club has to show more will. They have their own idea about how it should go and what type of fan goes in there
Yes that’s what I’m getting at ,the only true way to find out interest and opinion is for the club to contact all S/C holders and maybe all those that have attended X number of matches over X number of years. Only the club can have that sort of database ,no way fans could organise that.

Yes that’s what I’m getting at ,the only true way to find out interest and opinion is for the club to contact all S/C holders and maybe all those that have attended X number of matches over X number of years. Only the club can have that sort of database ,no way fans could organise that.
Club used to have it advertised on the website that blocks 111 to 119 was singing area that was removed we asked for it to go back on, no answer. We were pushing for people who can’t make a game to sell at face value to family or friends not use the ticket exchange. We see tickets ending up in hands of people with no emotional connection to game in south lower and away fans getting into home parts of ground elsewhere. Club showed at community shield 2023 they dont care who gets tickets as long as it is full.

A proper “end” should have guarantees on reversing these policies which have caused a lot of damage already- and also guarantees that influencers aren’t getting tickets to hand out willy nilly or that nissan or whoever don’t get 100 tickets in a key area and random people keeping quiet kill the atmosphere.

These things are happening at the monent. Levels 2 and 3 the biggest areas for this

Ask everyone - do you want to be part of a better atmosphere at the Etihad? Everyone will say yes.

If people have to fill the form out themselves you’ll get a more organic and engaged list of vocal fans.

Also don’t talk about incentives for moving. It should just about whether fans want to stand together and sing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.