North Stand expansion - seating, ticketing etc

You're missing the key point:

The cheaper intriductory tickets should be only offered to fans in the existing singing areas with the objective of ivercoming their initial inertia. Everyone else can follow from there. It's all about that first push.
You are missing the point I made earlier. From what people currently in SS1 post there are large numbers in there that are fine standing but don't make any noise whatsoever. How would those people moving for cheaper tickets, a change, better facilities etc help the atmosphere in the new NS?

Just a thought, isn't this supposed to be ready mid next season, so that will give them half a season to see what demand for standing looks like.Giving them the spring and summer after to decide on the exact make up and any increases to safe standing seats removed etc in time for it's first full season..

November 25 was the programmed date for the stand opening. Just the stand itself, that is.

No idea if that has shifted, or when in November that is, but it might be practically December if it is at the end of the month.

I would think they would wait till they know an opening date they can commit to before consulting people.

It won't be. It is a premium end compared to SS3 with far superior facilities. There is no way even the standing bit will be sub £500
I mean £500 would be reasonable in my view. A lot of the facilities - corporate, hotel, fancy bars wont be used by the majority of people in the stand. Most of the seats are just regular seats.

If the club only focus on premium/ corporates there is not a chance it will be an atmospheric end. There’s more then enough corporate areas we already don’t fill around the ground.

Last edited:
I mean £500 is reasonable. A lot of the facilities - corporate, hotel, fancy bars wont be used by the majority of people in the stand.

If the club only focus on premium/ corporates there is not a chance it will be an atmospheric end.
£500 is £26.31 per game. Do you really think the club will be offering that in the new stand?

I don't.

£500 is £26.31 per game. Do you really think the club will be offering that in the new stand?

I don't.
Why not? They did in south stand level 3. A lot of the seats are pretty similar to that.

It’s not exactly dirt cheap either. A few sections in and around that price seems pretty reasonable. How much do you think they will be?

We could price them at ridiculous prices and not sell out.

You are missing the point I made earlier. From what people currently in SS1 post there are large numbers in there that are fine standing but don't make any noise whatsoever. How would those people moving for cheaper tickets, a change, better facilities etc help the atmosphere in the new NS?
It's a silly point mate. Obviously some people in the existing singing area might be louder than others. Obviously you can't set vocal tests before you sell them a ticket.

Why not? They did in south stand level 3. A lot of the seats are pretty similar to that.

It’s not exactly dirt cheap either. A few sections in and around that price seems pretty reasonable. How much do you think they will be?

We could price them at ridiculous prices and not sell out.
I've been in SS3 since it opened. The front section (where I've just moved to) is the same price as SS1, over £700. The middle and back sections are under £500. The thing is, SS3 is the cheap stand. It's a basic, no frills match day experience and that suits me. The new NS will have far superior facilities for the many that will want them and it definitely won't be priced like mid/rear SS3 in my opinion. The build cost will be far higher than the 80 mill SS3 cost for starters.

It's a silly point mate. Obviously some people in the existing singing area might be louder than others. Obviously you can't set vocal tests before you sell them a ticket.
Not really. The club won't know who will make a noise or not so trying to cherry pick people already in SS1 makes no sense and especially if they have to resort to half price offers.

I've been in SS3 since it opened. The front section (where I've just moved to) is the same price as SS1, over £700. The middle and back sections are under £500. The thing is, SS3 is the cheap stand. It's a basic, no frills match day experience and that suits me. The new NS will have far superior facilities for the many that will want them and it definitely won't be priced like mid/rear SS3 in my opinion. The build cost will be far higher than the 80 mill SS3 cost for starters.
It’s all guesswork at the minute as we don’t know what the prices will be. You can’t 100% say it won’t be priced like ss3.

I think it will be a mix of prices. As I said most people will not be using the corporate facilities. If it’s premium pricing I’d love to know how we will sell that out, as we do not have the corporate fan base.

£500/ £700 is reasonable in my opinion. Build cost shouldn’t mean ridiculous ticket prices.

You have to remember, you are replying to the ‘Prophet of Doom’. The clue is in his username.

As you rightly point out, every PL ground has a shit atmosphere throughout the season, not just City, dependent on the match, the opponents, the score line, etc.

One thing that is constant most of the time is the support from away fans. City’s away support is up there with the best away supports.

Newcastle fans were quiet until Newcastle scored. Villa fans were quiet last night until Villa scored. Old Trafford was a morgue against Spurs. Etc.
Dearie me if anybody thinks the atmosphere isn’t shit then we may as well pack it in. The whole reason we are on this thread is due to some thinking its the last opportunity before being stuck with a shit atmosphere for ever !

Yes most PL grounds now have a shit atmosphere but ours is one of the worst.

Maybe it sounds good if you are amongst the few hundred singers in the south stand - but it doesn’t anywhere else in the ground.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.