North Stand expansion - seating, ticketing etc

It’s all guesswork at the minute as we don’t know what the prices will be. You can’t 100% say it won’t be priced like ss3.

I think it will be a mix of prices. As I said most people will not be using the corporate facilities. If it’s premium pricing I’d love to know how we will sell that out, as we do not have the corporate fan base.

£500/ £700 is reasonable in my opinion. Build cost shouldn’t mean ridiculous ticket prices.
Your opinion is as valid as mine so let's see.

I just think that expectations of low prices for any part of it isn't realistic but maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

I suggested this earlier in the thread.

Create a database of fans who are committed to being vocal and creating a good atmosphere.

Name and season card number, whether they’re prepared to move, where they’re prepared to move to and a preference for sitting or standing.
Also link season card numbers together so that mates can sit together - this is vital.

Then take that to the club.

I know at The Vermin over the road that’s what they did with their singing corner.

It was gate kept by someone. Not sure we need to do that.

Whatever we might say about them the atmosphere has improved there compared to 5 or 10 years ago.

November 25 was the programmed date for the stand opening. Just the stand itself, that is.

No idea if that has shifted, or when in November that is, but it might be practically December if it is at the end of the month.

I would think they would wait till they know an opening date they can commit to before consulting people.
Yes, it will be interesting what they do with it from January 26 to May 26 though. My point was they can use it to experiment and make changes, before anything is locked in place, or fans commit to it. for 26/27 season ticket sales in April /May 26, and any physical changes to seats rails etc can be made in the summer ready for August 26.

I suggested this earlier in the thread.

Create a database of fans who are committed to being vocal and creating a good atmosphere.

Name and season card number, whether they’re prepared to move, where they’re prepared to move to and a preference for sitting or standing.

Then take that to the club.

I know at The Vermin over the road that’s what they did with their singing corner.

It was gate kept by someone. Not sure we need to do that.

Whatever we might say about them the atmosphere has improved there compared to 5 or 10 years ago.
Who can create a database? Only the club have that data and they can’t share that with anyone else.

Your opinion is as valid as mine so let's see.

I just think that expectations of low prices for any part of it isn't realistic but maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.
Fair enough mate. Hopefully we will be surprised.

For me if it’s more expensive than ss1 or ss3 what’s the incentive to move there. I wouldn’t be able to use/ afford most of the premium facilities on offer. I think huge number of fans would be in the same category. Younger fans in particular

Just a thought, isn't this supposed to be ready mid next season, so that will give them half a season to see what demand for standing looks like.Giving them the spring and summer after to decide on the exact make up and any increases to safe standing seats removed etc in time for it's first full season..

City's info says the option for increasing the rail seating area will depend on the demand ahead of the stand opening:

We are delighted to reveal the seating configuration for the expansion of the North Stand at the Etihad Stadium, which will open during the 2025/26 season...

During these discussions, it was clear that fans share our view on the importance of adding rail seating to the expanded North Stand. As such, the Club will introduce a minimum of 3,000 rail seats as part of the expansion, with the option of increasing this allocation ahead of opening should there be further demand.

It's not. Because it's a one off. I think it would be the easiest way to get the couple of thousand people who we need to relocate to relocate. Doesn't have to be half price, that's a sucggesstion, but it needs to be a single one-off aggressive pricing scheme to incentivise relocaters to come. Ones it's up and running that's it. It's the first seaon that matters.

I'm in favour of cheap tickets and think they would be integral in getting singers to relocate to the new North Stand.

However, if the prices are kept artificially low for a short period to stimulate this, how will it enable City to gauge the true demand for the rail seating areas (and thus decide whether the number of rail seats needs to be increased)?

Call me cynical, but I think City have got very little intention of increasing the rail seating area beyond 3,000.

I'm in favour of cheap tickets and think they would be integral in getting singers to relocate to the new North Stand.

However, if the prices are kept artificially low for a short period to stimulate this, how will it enable City to gauge the true demand for the rail seating areas (and thus decide whether the number of rail seats needs to be increased)?

Call me cynical, but I think City have got very little intention of increasing the rail seating area beyond 3,000.
People ae way over-obsessing about this rail seat thing. Their introduction didn't effect the atmosphere at The Etihad (or anywhere else) by one decibel.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.