North Stand expansion - seating, ticketing etc

Yep, I mentioned it a couple times but nobody seemed to notice, as we were debating bigger things.

Down to interpretation, but I take the 500 seahafood hall as part of the city hall on the main concourse around the GA+ bar. Effectively just food stalls amongst the bars and loose shared seating. Nothing odd in that I would say. Purely how I read it, could be wrong.

I find the last line of that paragraph, pretty much the GA+ bar a bit more interesting though. But it is purely my own speculation and conjecture. Could actually be a good thing innthe long run.
I'd expect something very similar to the bar and food area provided for the 93;20 seats. Assume it's part of the GA+ at the front of NS2.

Do you think it is something the club can meaningfully state or commit to, at this stage?

It wasn’t mentioned was it. There was no reason not to mention it if the club are planning to include a singing section within the initial 3000 rail seats.

I'd expect something very similar to the bar and food area provided for the 93;20 seats. Assume it's part of the GA+ at the front of NS2.

Do the 93:20 or Joes bars have booth seating in them out of interest? Those that would know.

It wasn’t mentioned was it. There was no reason not to mention it if the club are planning to include a singing section within the initial 3000 rail seats.

Agree. Just a question of the right timing imho.

The way I read it, and I’m probably wrong, as I always am :-), is the 500 seat food hall, plus (500) additional premium seats, as well as the 300 GA+ premium seats at the front of NSL2.

Why would the club offer an exclusive and limited 500 seat food hall, and then offer normal GA seating? (do you understand what I mean?)

Maybe I’m reading too much into it?

We are both no doubt reading too much into it.

I don't read it the same way as you, not with the additional plus bit.

The way I read it, while looking at the PA drawings. The premium seats (doesn't actually say how many or where, but let's assume the 648 block) will have access to a 500 seat food hall. Which I take as being within the grey zone if you would, that other GA regular seating will also have access to. They don't say that bit is premium, just that it is there. And ALSO, a premium bar, where the previous hospitality boxes were, for 300 people. That to me can be nothing othrer than the purple GA+ bar. The 300 is the interesting number though, with a couple of possible implications. a) booth seating. Which would make it a somewhat different offering to what is already around the grounds in joes and 93.20 bars b)an actual reduction from what is shown on the PA, which presumably would mean a reduction in the GA+ seat provision as well. Or c) different levels of offerings for the GA+ i.e for x amount you get a padded seat in a prime location but have to slum it with the others in the main concourse, or for y amount you get the same seat And access to a private bar with lesser capacity. Tenuous though.

To stress again, just my own reading into it and speculation.

We are both no doubt reading too much into it.

I don't read it the same way as you, not with the additional plus bit.

The way I read it, while looking at the PA drawings. The premium seats (doesn't actually say how many or where, but let's assume the 648 block) will have access to a 500 seat food hall. Which I take as being within the grey zone if you would, that other GA regular seating will also have access to. They don't say that bit is premium, just that it is there. And ALSO, a premium bar, where the previous hospitality boxes were, for 300 people. That to me can be nothing othrer than the purple GA+ bar. The 300 is the interesting number though, with a couple of possible implications. a) booth seating. Which would make it a somewhat different offering to what is already around the grounds in joes and 93.20 bars b)an actual reduction from what is shown on the PA, which presumably would mean a reduction in the GA+ seat provision as well. Or c) different levels of offerings for the GA+ i.e for x amount you get a padded seat in a prime location but have to slum it with the others in the main concourse, or for y amount you get the same seat And access to a private bar with lesser capacity. Tenuous though.

To stress again, just my own reading into it and speculation.

We all know about the 300 GA+ seats at the front of NSL2 and the attached bar under the stand.

It’s this mysterious match day 500 (limited) capacity food hall that is mentioned in the configuration press release. Which if I’m correct, nobody knew about until the press release. The seating, 500 seats, that I assume go with booking the food hall, are also a mystery. Is there going to be a block of 500 seats put aside for City fans who have paid extra and booked the match day, food hall? If there is, which I’m not saying there will be, as l/we don’t know, that will be 300 GA+ seats, and 500 food hall seats. Maybe the additional food hall cost only includes GA seats in the centre of NSL2? Who knows?

Last edited:
We all know about the 300 GA+ seats at the front of NSL2 and the attached bar under the stand.

It’s this mysterious match day 500 (limited) capacity food hall that is mentioned in the configuration press release. Which if I’m correct, nobody knew about until the press release. The seating, 500 seats, that I assume go with it, are also a mystery. Is there going to be a block of 500 seats put aside for City fans who have paid extra and booked the food hall? If there is, which I’m not saying there will be as l/we don’t know, that will be 300 GA+ seats, and 500 food hall seats. Maybe the additional food hall cost only includes GA seats in the centre of NSL2? Who knows?
I thought we knew about the roughly 700 GA+ seats at the front, so maybe up to 300 in the bar area and up to 500 in the foodhall area.

We (City) will also introduce ‘new premium seated areas’ in the expanded North Stand. This includes a 500-seat food hall, while a premium bar, located where the previous Hospitality Boxes were, will have space for around 300 fans.
It might not be the case, but It would be pretty disappointing if the food hall was for premium seats only. It’s looking like if I did move there I won’t be using the food hall, premium bars, sky bar or the hotel.

Maybe it’ll mean cheaper tickets for most of the people in there who aren’t classed as GA/premium. It kind of feels like these ‘amazing’ add ons won’t be affordable for most people.

I was on a recent tour of the ground and about 80% was about the tunnel club and corporate, so it’s not a shock to see this is where the club are focused.

I thought we knew about the roughly 700 GA+ seats at the front, so maybe up to 300 in the bar area and up to 500 in the foodhall area.

I was under the impression, like most of us are, that the GA+ seats at the front of NSL2 were the only hospitality seats and area on NSL2, and the remaining seats on NSL2 were all GA and rail seating. Until the press release there was no mention of another match day hospitality (food hall) area.(and seating)

The vague configuration press release by the club further plays into the general confusion about the new North stand.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.