North Stand expansion - seating, ticketing etc

"The South Stand which is split".....

It doesn't have to be.

Shift away fans out of SS2/3 down to ES1/SS1 round the corner flag. The worst location in the stadium.

Make SS2/3 all City with the relocated 'singing section'. The second home end atmosphere should be excellent.

Additionally, the lounges should generate more income and dangerous missiles landing on innocent City fans should be eliminated.

Finally, City fans will still be close to away fans without any compromise of segregation,safety or logistics.

Two atmosphere ends are better than one !!

This fantasy is never happening.

This fantasy is never happening.
Please explain why the entire logic of this is impossible ( putting aside petty beauracracy and GMP incompetence).

There are NO valid cost, safety, segregation or logistics reasons....just woke nonsense.

In 2007 did you ever think that what has happened to the club would've happened ??

Everything is possible with the right ingredients.

Did anyone else pick up on this?

Can anyone clarify where this ‘food hall, along with premium seated areas’ will be located on the NS? Where will that (additional?) premium seated area be located? I don’t think it is, is it the hotel restaurant at the back of the floating 3rd tier? That won’t be classed as a food hall.

We all know where the premium bar is going at the front of NSL2

We (City) will also introduce ‘new premium seated areas’ in the expanded North Stand. This includes a 500-seat food hall, while a premium bar, located where the previous Hospitality Boxes were, will have space for around 300 fans.

Last edited:
Please explain why the entire logic of this is impossible ( putting aside petty beauracracy and GMP incompetence).

There are NO valid cost, safety, segregation or logistics reasons....just woke nonsense.

In 2007 did you ever think that what has happened to the club would've happened ??

FFS haha!

Who wants to have away fans taking up from the SS corner to near the half way line and facing the TV cameras? Our bottom tier is smaller than the one at Spurs (as an example) which means they'd be stretched longer along the side line. It would give them way too much exposure and impact having that many away fans going along the pitch.

The current turnstiles / away coach park are also designed so that they feed into each other. Having them in ESL1 would mean their entry point(s) were in and around where City fans enter the ground (the spirals).

You also mention ESL1 being the worst area of the ground but the along the side of the pitch is considered a prime seating location in terms of costs. The club would have to price the seats at £30 for away fans and thus lose revenue.

In theory, as we’ve discussed, it can be done.

It’s whether the club, GMP, and the licensing authorities are prepared to make that happen. Starting with the club. I very much doubt they will.

The issue is, could City accommodate close to 2000 extra away fans from SSL3 and SSL2 into ESL1? That would take more blocks than 111, 110, and 109. That would start eating into additional ESL1 home blocks, and the ESL1 home concourse.

Then there is the upheaval of moving home fans out of 111, 110, 109, and maybe 108?

It would be easier to move the away fans just from SSL3, and leave the away fans in SSL2. That away you could fit the ESL3 away fans into blocks 111, 110, and 109. That would give the home fans on SSL3, 1000+ rail seats. :-) The issue then is home fans on SSL3 being above away fans, which wouldn’t be allowed. Is there another ground in the PL where that happens?

As it is, it would be great to stick all the away fans into the ESL1 corner, but there are too many issues for that to happen, sadly.

"The South Stand which is split".....

It doesn't have to be.

Shift away fans out of SS2/3 down to ES1/SS1 round the corner flag. The worst location in the stadium.

Make SS2/3 all City with the relocated 'singing section'. The second home end atmosphere should be excellent.

Additionally, the lounges should generate more income and dangerous missiles landing on innocent City fans should be eliminated.

Finally, City fans will still be close to away fans without any compromise of segregation,safety or logistics.

Two atmosphere ends are better than one !!

If we’re all honest the atmosphere is just too fragmented, it’s why new songs very rarely take off (other than KC & SS) its why only the classics reverberate around the stadium and even that’s mainly in the big games.
In a perfect world (in terms of generating atmosphere) the 1894 guys get looked after and placed in a good location in the NS, they’re replaced in the SS by the folks over in KC, away fans have the full corner on level 1 & SS3 is made entirely safe standing.
That does sound like a lot of upheaval, but it’s very doable, and something that works at countless stadiums. I understand the guys over in KC might not want to move, but they’ll have 2-3 options and save a few quid, still stand & get to banter away fans etc.
This is a genuine once in a generation opportunity & I really hope they get it right whatever they choose

Did anyone else pick up on this?

Can anyone clarify where this ‘food hall, along with premium seated areas’ will be located on the NS? Where will that (additional?) premium seated area be located? I don’t think it is, is it the hotel restaurant at the back of the floating 3rd tier? That won’t be classed as a food hall.

We all know where the premium bar is going at the front of NSL2

We (City) will also introduce ‘new premium seated areas’ in the expanded North Stand. This includes a 500-seat food hall, while a premium bar, located where the previous Hospitality Boxes were, will have space for around 300 fans.
Yep, I mentioned it a couple times but nobody seemed to notice, as we were debating bigger things.

Down to interpretation, but I take the 500 seahafood hall as part of the city hall on the main concourse around the GA+ bar. Effectively just food stalls amongst the bars and loose shared seating. Nothing odd in that I would say. Purely how I read it, could be wrong.

I find the last line of that paragraph, pretty much the GA+ bar a bit more interesting though. But it is purely my own speculation and conjecture. Could actually be a good thing innthe long run.

One thing I did notice about the NS configuration announcement by the club recently, was no mention of an official singing section on NSL2, similar to the official singing section, block 115 on SSL1.

One thing I did notice about the NS configuration announcement by the club recently, was no mention of an official singing section on NSL2, similar to the official singing section, block 115 on SSL1.
Do you think it is something the club can meaningfully state or commit to, at this stage?

Yep, I mentioned it a couple times but nobody seemed to notice, as we were debating bigger things.

Down to interpretation, but I take the 500 seahafood hall as part of the city hall on the main concourse around the GA+ bar. Effectively just food stalls amongst the bars and loose shared seating. Nothing odd in that I would say. Purely how I read it, could be wrong.

I find the last line of that paragraph, pretty much the GA+ bar a bit more interesting though. But it is purely my own speculation and conjecture. Could actually be a good thing innthe long run.

The way I read it, and I’m probably wrong, as I always am :-), is the 500 seat food hall, plus (500) additional premium seats, as well as the 300 GA+ premium seats at the front of NSL2.

Why would the club offer an exclusive and limited 500 seat food hall, and then offer normal GA seating? (do you understand what I mean?)

Maybe I’m reading too much into it?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.