North Stand expansion - seating, ticketing etc

Or, much taller mobile metal barriers that currently separate the home fans from the away fans outside the ground.

As I’ve said previously, with many agreeing, it can be done if the club want to do it, as part of the new North stand seat configuration around the Etihad.
Isn’t it the police and safety people who don’t allow the club to move away fans because of the coaches parking there.

Which, and I know I’ll probably get slated for this, makes sense to me. Away fans straight out and back on to their coaches at any ground is safest and best. IMHO

Wouldn't they only consult the club if numbers of their members had an appetite for it?

It doesn't seem to be something the club wants. Doesn't seem to be something the supporters particularly want or plare pushing for. Wouldn't really change otherwise.

Better to gauge the appetite from the club first. If there isn’t the appetite from the club, there’s no point in consulting anyone. TBH I doubt the club would even consider it. But you never know. Nobody knows what City are thinking about the NS and the seating upheaval it’s going to cause all over the stadium.

Isn’t it the police and safety people who don’t allow the club to move away fans because of the coaches parking there.

Which, and I know I’ll probably get slated for this, makes sense to me. Away fans straight out and back on to their coaches at any ground is safest and best. IMHO

As I posted before, entrances K2 and K1, currently for home fans, and next to the L away entrances, are also adjacent to the away coach park. The issue with entrances K2 and K1 is their closeness to J spiral for City fans. Segregation would be tighter, as well as having City fans overlooking the away section outside the ground.

Saying that, getting to the away end at OT is an absolute nightmare, having to go through 1000’s of United fans on the forecourt.

Better to gauge the appetite from the club first. If there isn’t the appetite from the club, there’s no point in consulting anyone. TBH I doubt the club would even consider it. But you never know. Nobody knows what City are thinking about the NS and the seating upheaval it’s going to cause all over the stadium.

That was kind of my point.

As I posted before, entrances K2 and K1, currently for home fans, and next to the L away entrances, are also adjacent to the away coach park. The issue with entrances K2 and K1 is their closeness to J spiral for City fans.
Used k1/2 since we moved pretty easy to get in even after the barrier to desperate the away fans went up cannot ever recall any issues

Reactions: jrb

None of the current safety, segregation or coach logistics will be compromised.

In fact they will be enhanced by City fans being (predominantly) above City fans therefore eliminating dangerous missiles being launched by away fans on to City fans below.

Two home atmosphere ends will be better than one.

How many do they actually have grouped together @Manchester33
Grouped together in 115?

None.

1894 have a few singers at the back of 115, and singers scattered around 114, 115, and maybe 116?

115 was already full of season ticket holders when the block was made the official singing section by the club. It’s impossible to get a large group of singers together in 115 for a PL match. It’s possible to do it for a CL game, or it was, but only on the very front rows of 115. (and 116) I’m not sure that’s possible now with more and more fans in 115 on the CL cup scheme.

That’s why having a whole block made available for singers in the 3000 capacity safe standing section on the new North stand is very important and pivotal, so a nucleons off singers can get together and get the songs and atmosphere going.

Manchester33 will know more.

Grouped together in 115?

None.

1894 have a few singers at the back of 115, and singers scattered around 114, 115, and maybe 116?

115 was already full of season ticket holders when the block was made the official singing section by the club. It’s impossible to get a large group of singers together in 115 for a PL match. It’s possible to do it for a CL game, or it was, but only on the very front rows of 115. (and 116) I’m not sure that’s possible now with more and more fans in 115 on the CL cup scheme.

That’s why having a whole block made available for singers in the 3000 capacity safe standing section on the new North stand is very important and pivotal, so a nucleons off singers can get together and get the songs and atmosphere going.

Manchester33 will know more.
Thank you

Reactions: jrb

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.