North Stand expansion - seating, ticketing etc

Grouped together in 115?

None.

1894 have a few singers at the back of 115, and singers scattered around 114, 115, and maybe 116?

115 was already full of season ticket holders when the block was made the official singing section by the club. It’s impossible to get a large group of singers together in 115 for a PL match. It’s possible to do it for a CL game, or it was, but only on the very front rows of 115. (and 116) I’m not sure that’s possible now with more and more fans in 115 on the CL cup scheme.

That’s why having a whole block made available for singers in the 3000 capacity safe standing section on the new North stand is very important and pivotal, so a nucleons off singers can get together and get the songs and atmosphere going.

Manchester33 will know more.
Kind of….

When we opened SSL3, half of block 114 and block 115 were vacant.

We worked with the club and collated a list of roughly 850 seasoncard holders who wanted to move.

Then the club announced SSL3 seasoncard prices (significantly cheaper) and we lost about 350 of those fans to the cheaper tickets. We ended up with roughly 450-500 people in blocks 114/115 (mostly from the middle back).

Over time more fans have moved into those blocks to be part of the atmospheric section. Block 115 is the highest demand block in the stadium now (going off ticket availability).

Remember this was many years ago and the hype around the North Stand expansion (atmospheric home end) is completely different. So I’d expect 1894 alone to pull thousands of singers if plans were bolder.

Finally, in our survey of 1.3k responses, around 87% said they’d move to an atmospheric North Stand. If we use Pride in Battles point from earlier in the thread (about extrapolating survey data against the wider fan base), we could expect around 30k SC holders to want to move to an atmospheric north stand :’)

If you don’t stand on SSL you won’t know where the singers are. In truth groups of singers and individual singers are scattered all over SSL1 amongst City fans who sing every now and again, and don’t sing at all.

It’s hard to pin point all the small singing groups, but there’s a largish group of singers at the back, and across the back, under, and infront of the SSL2 overhang on 115. There’s a group of singers at the back of 114. There’s a group of singers at the back of 116 or somewhere on 116. Some chants also start on 117 and 118, but it’s hard to pin point exactly where from. There are other small groups of singers and individuals, some right next to the away fans, who start chants off in the middle and at the bottom of 114, 115 and 116.

If it were possible get all those groups and singers together in 115, I think we’d fill a block. Obviously that’s never going to happen due to season ticket holders, etc.

If you add the singers from 111, 110, 109, SSL3, singers around the ground, and new singers via the additional 8000 NSL2 season tickets, it wouldn’t be impossible to fill at least 1, if not 2 blocks, in the safe standing section on NSL2.

Kind of….

When we opened SSL3, half of block 114 and block 115 were vacant.

We worked with the club and collated a list of roughly 850 seasoncard holders who wanted to move.

Then the club announced SSL3 seasoncard prices (significantly cheaper) and we lost about 350 of those fans to the cheaper tickets. We ended up with roughly 450-500 people in blocks 114/115 (mostly from the middle back).

Over time more fans have moved into those blocks to be part of the atmospheric section. Block 115 is the highest demand block in the stadium now (going off ticket availability).

Remember this was many years ago and the hype around the North Stand expansion (atmospheric home end) is completely different. So I’d expect 1894 alone to pull thousands of singers if plans were bolder.

Finally, in our survey of 1.3k responses, around 87% said they’d move to an atmospheric North Stand. If we use Pride in Battles point from earlier in the thread (about extrapolating survey data against the wider fan base), we could expect around 30k SC holders to want to move to an atmospheric north stand :’)
Thanks.

I didn’t want to go into that in case I got some it wrong, hence why I left it to you. :-)

The clampdown on the 115 entrance, which is still in force, was due to overcrowding in 114.

Fans who didn’t have season tickets and match tickets in 114 wanted to be next to the away fans and amongst the singers.

In my opinion, since the clampdown, 115 and 114 isn’t as vocal as it used to be.

Going back to moving the away fans. Hypothetical I know.

I've taken some pictures of the area outside the away end adjacent to the away coach park.

It can be done, current home entrances and exits can be incorporated into additional away entrances and exits outside the ground.

However, there is another issue. The ES spiral would directly overlook and be closer to the outside away area, meaning the spiral would have to be stewarded or barriers would have to be added to the spiral to stop items being thrown at the away fans from the spiral. As well as City fans gathering on the spiral having a go at the away fans.

You'll see what I mean from the pictures.
Sounds great, the club should supply us with rotten fruit & veg along with piss filled balloons

PXL-20241007-122013439-MP.jpg

PXL-20241007-121950287-MP.jpg

PXL-20241007-122130026-MP.jpg

PXL-20241007-122045874-MP.jpg

If you don’t stand on SSL you won’t know where the singers are. In truth groups of singers and individual singers are scattered all over SSL1 amongst City fans who sing every now and again, and don’t sing at all.

It’s hard to pin point all the small singing groups, but there’s a largish group of singers at the back, and across the back, under, and infront of the SSL2 overhang on 115. There’s a group of singers at the back of 114. There’s a group of singers at the back of 116 or somewhere on 116. Some chants also start on 117 and 118, but it’s hard to pin point exactly where from. There are other small groups of singers and individuals, some right next to the away fans, who start chants off in the middle and at the bottom of 114, 115 and 116.

If it were possible get all those groups and singers together in 115, I think we’d fill a block. Obviously that’s never going to happen due to season ticket holders, etc.

If you add the singers from 111, 110, 109, SSL3, singers around the ground, and new singers via the additional 8000 NSL2 season tickets, it wouldn’t be impossible to fill at least 1, if not 2 blocks, in the safe standing section on NSL2.
OR.....Offer them relocation to SS2/3 if the wish to be at the south end and above the away fans.

Shift the away fans down to ES1/SS1/round the corner flag, the least atmospheric location in the stadium.

None of the licencing conditions will be compromised (some could be enhanced) and any capex would very small.

Two atmospheric ends are better than one.

Reactions: jrb

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.