North Stand Expansion

Slightly off topic.

According to Seb Coe……

Lord Sebastian Coe says Manchester United’s Old Trafford development "could easily be the largest regeneration project in Europe".

The short video interview and article is on the United thread.

Well Seb, just wait until City reveal the Collar site proposal, and the Holt Town development starts next to the Etihad. Biggest regeneration project in Europe, my arse!

Lord Coe (the self righteous c@nt) is probably referring to the fact that they want all and sundry to chip in - on the basis they have high ambitions and no way of financially backing it up. Never stops them though does it. Begging bowl at the ready.

Slightly off topic.

According to Seb Coe……

Lord Sebastian Coe says Manchester United’s Old Trafford development "could easily be the largest regeneration project in Europe".

Well Seb, just wait until City reveal the Collar site proposal, and the Holt Town development starts next to the Etihad. Biggest regeneration project in Europe, my arse!
Fuck off Coe you utter ****.

Slightly off topic.

According to Seb Coe……

I bet he couldn't name another regeneration project in Europe. It could be the largest in Europe, but equally and more realistically, it could never fucking happen.

The Ellinikon in Athens will take some beating if you want that label. And ultimately, all they seem to be talking about it building a football stadium. If you look at the before and after of the Etihad campus, and think about what is to come in the future, we'll be miles ahead. But yet again, it's talk and clicks vs actions and success.

Coe is a great mouthpiece though, he delivered that amazing London Olympics and all the regeneration there. Although a lot of it was already planned before the Olympics, and actually all it did was gentrify the area, forcing the existing communities and businesses out and replacing with expensive apartments and very little affordable housing. I believe only around 11% has actually been delivered for people on council waiting lists, who now live miles away in the next run down area of London.

I bet he couldn't name another regeneration project in Europe. It could be the largest in Europe, but equally and more realistically, it could never fucking happen.

The Ellinikon in Athens will take some beating if you want that label. And ultimately, all they seem to be talking about it building a football stadium. If you look at the before and after of the Etihad campus, and think about what is to come in the future, we'll be miles ahead. But yet again, it's talk and clicks vs actions and success.

Coe is a great mouthpiece though, he delivered that amazing London Olympics and all the regeneration there. Although a lot of it was already planned before the Olympics, and actually all it did was gentrify the area, forcing the existing communities and businesses out and replacing with expensive apartments and very little affordable housing. I believe only around 11% has actually been delivered for people on council waiting lists, who now live miles away in the next run down area of London.

It will happen, but we’re talking 5 years, 10 years, etc, for this supposed largest regeneration project in Europe to get started, and then to be completed.

Look how long it’s taken City, MCC, and East Manchester to get to where it is today on the Etihad Campus, and that’s with the backing of Sheikh Mansour and his personnel wealth.(billions)

If you read into the constant PR bullshit coming from Scruffy Jim, Coe, Neville & Co, and you don’t know the reality or truth about such a massive regeneration proposal to get started, never mind to be completed, the vast majority of deluded United fans and people in general will think a new stadium and the wider regeneration of the area will be completed with-in few years.

ATM it’s nothing more than a vision and a United PR exercise, the ‘Wembley of the North’. (my arse!)

PS.

I won’t be able to post the pictures until later today. Sorry. I recently bought a used PC from Ebay and I’ve only just realised it hasn’t got an internal drive, so I’ve got to go out later to buy an external drive. My Photoshop Elements is on a disc.

Last edited:
Slightly off topic.

According to Seb Coe……

Another shill for the rag hype train - always have an endless supply of such individuals .

Similar to their lemming fan base .................

Reactions: jrb
It will happen, but we’re talking 5 years, 10 years, etc, for this supposed largest regeneration project in Europe to get started, and then to be completed.

Look how long it’s taken City, MCC, and East Manchester to get to where it is today on the Etihad Campus, and that’s with the backing of Sheikh Mansour and his personnel wealth.(billions)

If you read into the constant PR bullshit coming from Scruffy Jim, Coe, Neville & Co, and you don’t know the reality or truth about such a massive regeneration proposal to get started, never mind to be completed, the vast majority of deluded United fans and people in general will think a new stadium and the wider regeneration of the area will be completed with-in few years.

ATM it’s nothing more than a vision and a United PR exercise, the ‘Wembley of the North’. (my arse!)

PS.

I won’t be able to post the pictures until later today. Sorry. I recently bought a used PC from Ebay and I’ve only just realised it hasn’t got an internal drive, so I’ve got to go out later to buy an external drive. My Photoshop Elements is on a disc.

Manchester Olympics in 2040

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.