North Stand Expansion

Not where I sit mate. The only noise they make round me is the squeals when Haaland comes anywhere near, primarily from Asian youngsters. They are completely not interested in singing along. I said before, the influx of 'one' off match goers is gathering pace and the number of season ticket holders seem to be diminishing (at least where I am in East Stand level 1). There wasn't much concentrated singing comming from SS on Saturday either.

I am sure we are no worse than most other PL teams and football itself is changing from a game 'owned' by the local fan base to just another viewing experience.

Never mind. We will all be able to wear VR helmets to watch the game live and the atmosphere will be awesome without anyone opening their gobs ;-)
Fair enough mate my observation was in general, I take your point completely.

It is a long road back to a decent atmosphere at any of the regular European qualifiers, football has been sanitised to death over the years and the bigger you get the more new supporters you get.
The younger fans seem to be a lot more enthusiastic than the FOC's which is natural,but ultimately the clubs desire for money and growth will dictate what they do with the expansion, I remember back in the day on the old Kippax one person started a chant and everyone joined in, now if one person starts a chant very few join in, I admire the 1894 group and any other groups trying to change things but one thing sticks in my mind,
When other fans came to Maine Road we took it as a challenge if they were loud and tried to out sing them far too many fold there arms and listen to the away fans even in the singing section, Our fans need to be as one if the South stand sing the East stand should join in and vise versa not start a different chant, maybe the key is a meeting with each other and not the club.
We are no worse than anyone else throughout the full season but we used to be better than most and as good as any. Can we have the same atmosphere as years ago, I'm not sure but good luck to all those trying to improve things and I hope you succeed.

As a side point, since the Oasis reunion has been announced, amongst all the excitemenr, the older fans I know have all been will wait to see what the price is, what travel/accommodation they can arrange etc. The younger fans, that have never seen them obviously, are instantly whatever the cost I'm going.

I think this perception that younger people will get priced out is so outdated. Studies have shown that younger people spend more and more readily than the older do on entertainment, and more than they ever did before, and I think there will be a significant element of that with the extra seats too. Hopefully.

I think the one thing we can safely say is that ain’t gonna happen. No matter how many people ‘campaign’ for it.
Why ?...... when there are few if any safety, security, segregation, logistics or transport issues.

If considered 'holistically' there are benefits for all parties on all fronts in addition to the the principal one of enhancing the existence of the atmosphere in a CITY end.

I genuinely do not understand the resistance !!

You don't have to wait until the hotel is built to see the fins don't look great. The mock-up of the fin is enough. Have a look yourself.

The next time you are in the city centre go and see the St Michael's fin cladding close up. You won't be disappointed. It's on Bottle Street, just off Albert Square and Deansgate.
I'll admit that it's entirely down to me that I have trouble visualising a completed structure via a small mock-up so you and Coatigan may well be right. Of course they may also change a lot before then, I'm just happier letting them get on with it and see what it looks like at the end.

whats the GA + section?

Padded seats, reportedly. They are premium seats with access to their own bar as part of the same shared concourse and toilets. They are not however boxes, with any barrier or offset around them or any different seating spacing to what is around them. Who they will be sold to and how, time will tell.

People seem to have varying expectations for them, from padded seats for blues paying a bit more, to 'inserting the tunnel club into the kopp'. But physically and as proposed they are just more expensive seats with a more expensive bar.

Moving the away fans out of SS3 to ESL would be a simple start !!

A campaign needs starting to achieve this to coincide with the re organisation for the NS extension.

GET IT DONE !!

Why ?...... when there are few if any safety, security, segregation, logistics or transport issues.

If considered 'holistically' there are benefits for all parties on all fronts in addition to the the principal one of enhancing the existence of the atmosphere in a CITY end.

I genuinely do not understand the resistance !!
1) Not sure where you've been since 2003 but a bloke called Mr Plod has repeatedly said the away fans will stay in the south east corner, and games can't go ahead without the approval of Mr Plod.
2) City fans in ESL probably won't want to be moved. Have you considered that?
3) The club won't care about moving away fans if the bulk of City's singing support moves to the north stand.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.