North Stand Expansion

We’ll find out in the future. The Rags could have gone for a cheaper option. It’s another good PR story as well. To add to all the other good PR stories. A Manchester lad. One of the most famous architects in the world. Involved in the design and redevelopment of Old Trafford.

There's a discussion there, but not for this thread. Agree with all that btw. But they aren't what they used to be, beyond the name, and haven't been for a while.

Reactions: jrb
make the f**kers walk down to Ashburys instead then - seems sensible to me, keeps them proper away from us
Post match, allocate them a couple of timed trams (ie 25 & 35 minute post match departures) to shift them straight to Picc. and out of the area.

Before and after the allocated times, it's City fans only.

CONTINUED.....Their physical location in the ground is arguably one of the poorest viewing positions in the stadium and the 'noise' generated doesn't spread and often competes with that of the SS.

IF IF IF their interest is focused on improving the atmosphere (hence the reason for relocating in the first place) their are no valid reasons for not joining in with thousands of other like minded fans but in superior viewing positions.

Lastly, if the Police/Licencing Authority/Club don't see the logic and value of no away fans hurling coins & other injury causing objects from height on to City fans, or away fans being directed to alight the metro at ASDA/ANR thus avoiding the new fan zone & CB coach welcome, they need changing too.

Common sense isn't very common these days !!
But do u really think that away fans -a high proportion well oiled for the match will respectfully stay on the team to the next stop at Asda ?
As soon as the doors open ,they will just get off !
Also ,some of the trams terminate at the Etihad ?

And finally ,and most importantly,u expect away fans who are probably not familiar with the stadium to get off at one stop at the Etihad velopark before the game then go to another stop after the game to get the tram back into Manchester as the velopark stop does not open after the game as the platforms are to short to accommodate the number of fans ?

Never going to happen !

But do u really think that away fans -a high proportion well oiled for the match will respectfully stay on the team to the next stop at Asda ?
As soon as the doors open ,they will just get off !
Also ,some of the trams terminate at the Etihad ?

And finally ,and most importantly,u expect away fans who are probably not familiar with the stadium to get off at one stop at the Etihad velopark before the game then go to another stop after the game to get the tram back into Manchester as the velopark stop does not open after the game as the platforms are to short to accommodate the number of fans ?

Never going to happen !
Most things are possible with goodwill, good communication and good management.

My only reference to access/egress for away fans has been at ASDA/ANR where does the velopark enter the conversation ?

I rarely use the metro, am I missing something ?

Finally things change, what is custom and practice today may be different in 12 months....the only things that’s constant is change !!

yeah we're not interested in where fans are going to sit in the stadium when the extension is done - this thread is for the ongoing build of the extension - wheres jrb when we need him? cpoverview is unavailable at the mo though

I might do a picture update on Sunday if I have time? I’m going down early to get the drop down banner and flags ready with the other 1894 lads before the Arsenal game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.