North Stand Expansion

Shift away fans out of SS
2 & 3.

Make all SS 2 & 3 City's second home end.

Stick away fans round the corner flag !!
You are right @Gone for a Burton , this is what Spurs have done, when the North Stand opens, there needs to be a redsign of the seating to help the ground create atmposhere

For the North Stand to work as vocal home end this needs to be done

Move the away fans into Kippax Corner and the first tier of South Stand then have away fan zone next to section or you could go down the Newcastle route stick that away fans in the third tier of South Stand.

The redesign of seating in the staduim is something that really needs to be addressed when then are going to open the North Stand because at the moment it does not work

The Spurs Staduim is ideal staduim to copy as it features a South Stand like the Yellow Wall which City want to do with the North Stand

1726991223688.png

You are right @Gone for a Burton , this is what Spurs have done, when the North Stand opens, there needs to be a redsign of the seating to help the ground create atmposhere

For the North Stand to work as vocal home end this needs to be done

Move the away fans into Kippax Corner and the first tier of South Stand then have away fan zone next to section or you could go down the Newcastle route stick that away fans in the third tier of South Stand.

The redesign of seating in the staduim is something that really needs to be addressed when then are going to open the North Stand because at the moment it does not work

The Spurs Staduim is ideal staduim to copy as it features a South Stand like the Yellow Wall which City want to do with the North Stand

View attachment 132547
you can’t put all the away fans in L3, premier league rules state that some must be pitchside ( Geordies and the scum have “special” dispensation not to.)

Stoke have also done something similar.

I watched their game on Friday against Hull City/Tigers.

The away fans have been moved to the right corner, and the old away end, which many of you have stood on, is now a Stoke end.

Liverpool were going to split the away fans and put half of the away fans on L2 of the redeveloped and larger Anfield Road stand originally, but they decided to keep the away fans on L1.

The away fans in the original CGI’s are split over L1 and L2.
That would have generated more vocal support from the away end.

As many of you know if you’ve been to Anfield, it’s hard to generate any vocal support on the L1 away end corner at Anfield.

Liverpool have now got the whole of the new 6000 capacity Anfield Road, upper tier. Which SSL3 would be like if the away fans were moved.

F7D1E0A4-55C2-4231-BF2B-4A9E6DBE7F17.jpeg

Enlarged, Screen grab, hence being blurred.

95BAA953-CEAC-46E5-A814-683DB3EF058C.jpeg

Imagine City attacking the SS with L3, L2, and 3/4’s of L1 full of City fans. And after half-time attacking the new North stand full of City fans on L1 and L2. With the away fans stuck in the L1 corner between ESL1 and SSL1.

Last edited:
Without wishing to be in anyway argumentative as you’re trying to come up with positive solutions, your comment “I rarely use the metro, am I missing something?” hits the nail on the head. Yes you are missing something; Metrolink is completely useless and unfit for purpose. The idea that they could organise different groups getting on/off at different stops is laughable. Sorry but I’ve been suffering it for games now for 20yrs and it’s never gonna be adequate. Even if they had some level of competence the infrastructure is fundamentally flawed.
Is there any reason they can't run an away fans only metro from Piccadilly to the Velopark with no stops in-between? I don't know if there's sidings for turning back after the Velopark at some point but presume there is.

Stoke have also done something similar.

I watched their game on Friday against Hull City/Tigers.

The away fans have been moved to the right corner, and the old away end, which many of you have stood on, is now a Stoke end.

Liverpool were going to split the away fans and put half of the away fans on L2 of the redeveloped and larger Anfield Road stand originally, but they decided to keep the away fan on L1.

The away fans in the original CGI’s are split over L1 and L2.
That would have generated more vocal support from the away end.

As many of you know if you’ve been to Anfield, it’s hard to generate any vocal support in the L1 away end corner at Anfield.

View attachment 132562

Enlarged, Screen grab, hence being blurred.

View attachment 132563
Wouldn’t they be obliged to put away fans pitchside?

Wouldn’t they be obliged to put away fans pitchside?
They are pitchside. I didn’t watch all the match, but the bottom of the away end corner is directly opposite the corner flag.

As long as there a few front row corner seats pitchside that is classed as pitchside. Obviously as the rows of seats go up, the away end gets wider.

Only United and Newcastle have pitchside exemptions. United have the disabled section below the away end. And with Newcastle, it’s…..

Newcastle Chronicle.

Newcastle have confirmed that the Premier League have agreed to exempt them from their away fan ruling – which dictates that visiting supporters must be situated at pitchside.

As we reported on Wednesday, safety concerns were expressed to the Premier League a year ago which resulted in a temporary exemption. And the club have today confirmed that they will be exempted indefinitely on the basis of concerns that “analysis showed that each proposed option for relocation significantly increased the risk of confrontation, conflict and potential disorder between home and away supporters entering and, in particular, exiting the stadium”.

Last edited:
They are pitchside. I didn’t watch all the match, but the bottom of the away end corner is directly opposite the corner flag.

As long as there a few front row corner seats pitchside that is classed as pitchside. Obviously as the rows of seats go up, the away end gets wider.

Only United and Newcastle have pitchside exemptions. United have the disabled section below the away end. And with Newcastle, it’s…..

Newcastle Chronicle.

Newcastle have confirmed that the Premier League have agreed to exempt them from their away fan ruling – which dictates that visiting supporters must be situated at pitchside.

As we reported on Wednesday, safety concerns were expressed to the Premier League a year ago which resulted in a temporary exemption. And the club have today confirmed that they will be exempted indefinitely on the basis of concerns that “analysis showed that each proposed option for relocation significantly increased the risk of confrontation, conflict and potential disorder between home and away supporters entering and, in particular, exiting the stadium”.
I meant Liverpool. Apologies, I read it wrong.

I agree though. Would be great if all SSL3 was City and all safe standing. Although I appreciate that not everyone wants it. Just my personal view.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.