North Stand Expansion

This seems to have slowed down over the last few weeks after the initial metal and concrete spurt
It does seem like it at first, but when you get closer to it you can see they’ve done quite a bit of works that is slightly hidden away. For example, the steels that connect the original building to the new is near enough up. I’d say once all the steel is up, the rest will fly in.

This seems to have slowed down over the last few weeks after the initial metal and concrete spurt
Lots has been done added floors to hotel, the cores are going up now for the west leg, connected the new steel to the stand and removed roof panels prior to the start of cutting the roof beams Less visible than lots of steel going up but the work is progressing fine. Although the day light hours reduce for the winter months it will slow a tad, but this will be planned and also contingency for adverse weather

Always the way.

Once the towers come to ground, there will be another spurt, with the roof structure and skybar elements popping up. Then it will appear as it has slowed down again. In the meantime the cores of the museum/office will fly up, and then floor by floor for the rest of it.

Always the way.

Once the towers come to ground, there will be another spurt, with the roof structure and skybar elements popping up. Then it will appear as it has slowed down again. In the meantime the cores of the museum/office will fly up, and then floor by floor for the rest of it.
When do you think we can expect to see the new roof being put in place?
I’m guessing the concrete slabs for seating area will need to go on first for crane access?

When do you think we can expect to see the new roof being put in place?
I’m guessing the concrete slabs for seating area will need to go on first for crane access?

Not necessarily. They've been getting them in as is to the connecting bit, with the existing roof still in place.

Think once the towers are connect to the ground, the two massive quadpod structures on each will go on pretty quickly. That'll be a real jump in height, think they are about 25,30m tall, from memory.

Not necessarily. They've been getting them in as is to the connecting bit, with the existing roof still in place.

Think once the towers are connect to the ground, the two massive quadpod structures on each will go on pretty quickly. That'll be a real jump in height, think they are about 25,30m tall, from memory.

I was reviewing the south stand development pics and the roof started to go on before the roof supports did. It had temporary supports in beforehand. Might do the same this time.

These pics are February 2015 by the way.

IMG_1429.jpegIMG_1430.jpeg

I was reviewing the south stand development pics and the roof started to go on before the roof supports did. It had temporary supports in beforehand. Might do the same this time.

These pics are February 2015 by the way.

View attachment 132902View attachment 132903
Interesting. Although the supports there are not as set back as these are, but yeah no telling what would go first.

As to Goatmeal's point, the concrete terraces are already in up there.

Was speaking to someone who's working on the hotel side of the expansion and they're about a month ahead of schedule so explains perhaps why they've slowed down a little.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.